ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 299 of 324
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:37 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
This was the year for the defense, it's time is over.

They're gonna go build the offense now, so yeah, the whole "#1 WR is fantasy talk" shit is not that.

A #1 WR is a guy you can force feed targets to and don't have to do any other bullshit to get him open. Pay him, throw him the ball, fill in the rest around him and be done with it.
THIS.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:38 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Ummmm....Randy Moss was 30 when he went to the pats.
I mean, Mike Evans is a great WR - but he's not in the ballpark of Randy Moss.

Not to mention, if you all hate dropped passes as much as I think you do?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:39 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Agree with the bigger body, but not someone who is gonna be 31 years old next season.

Lol, you know you’re posting in the DHop thread? Wanna take a guess at Hopkins’ age?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:41 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, you know you’re posting in the DHop thread? Wanna take a guess at Hopkins’ age?
That was gonna be a 1 or 2 deal deal, max.

Mike Evans is going to want double of what Hopkins got, and probably double the term or more.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:42 PM 12-13-2023
I mean, Mike Evans is a great WR - but he's not in the ballpark of Randy Moss.

Not to mention, if you all hate dropped passes as much as I think you do?
you'll be surprised at how similar their numbers are if you compare 29 to 29 or 30 to 30 (years old).

https://nflcomparisons.com/randy-mos...ns-comparison/
[Reply]
RunKC 03:01 PM 12-13-2023
Aiyuk, Pittman, or Ridley to a lesser degree.

Otherwise move up and get that legit guy - but I'm damn sick of us taking half measures at the position.
I think I'm out on Aiyuk unless everything falls apart. I'd rather pay Calvin Ridley and keep the 1st rd pick to add 2 talents instead of just 1.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:03 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think I'm out on Aiyuk unless everything falls apart. I'd rather pay Calvin Ridley and keep the 1st rd pick to add 2 talents instead of just 1.
Ridley is the only "alpha" that really worries me.

Pittman would be a fucking beast in this offense, I just don't see the Colts letting him walk.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:54 PM 12-13-2023

They're gonna go build the offense now, so yeah, the whole "#1 WR is fantasy talk" shit is not that.

A #1 WR is a guy you can force feed targets to and don't have to do any other bullshit to get him open. Pay him, throw him the ball, fill in the rest around him and be done with it.
Not taking any viable receiver EXCEPT an All-Pro #1WR, it's either that or NOTHING is stupid.

If a guy has done it before, under this OC, in THIS system, and is 26 years old and likely to be inexpensive, you nab him. Mooney wouldn't preclude any other move, and gives you a young WR that's had an 80/1000 yard season.

You don't stop there. You don't call it good. You still fill the rest of the room with viable options with upside, but saying FUCK NO, HE'S NOT A #1WR is fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:57 PM 12-13-2023
Mvs regressed to the mean. The others are basically what they were, it was just papered over last year with RB scores and the QB playing like no other QB has.

We aren't gonna count on that to happen anymore, so it's high time to spend on some weapons.
Fuck no, he didn't.

He's a career 50% catch rate guy on what was previously almost entirely deep passes. That's fine, it is what it is, it's a useful skill-set. Now he can't catch a fucking cold.

He's regressed to unplayable. He wasn't unplayable before. He's got the yips, it's in his head, he's fucking terrible. Big difference from a #3 type deep threat that he's always been.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:09 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Nobody gives a shit if he's a NUMBER ONE WR.

Nobody uses that terminology but fantasy football.

Is he a useful player? Is he a player that can probably give you more production than his pricetag? yeah.

Half of the defense is up for new contracts, not just Jones.

They'll certainly bring in a vet, but it's far more likely to be a middle-class type like a Mooney (or even a Brown, although I'm less a fan) than a blockbuster trade for Brandon Aiyuk or something.

mere competency in the WR room, and we're probably undefeated.

I think you guys are underselling just how bad these guys have become. And I say become, because they weren't THIS bad last year. And every single one has regressed to unplayable. That's ****ing nuts.

Rice is going to basically replaces Juju's production, but every single other WR, all of whom were here last year, and at different times stepped up, made a big play to help win games-all of them are suddenly completely incompetent, can't run a route, can't catch a ball, can't even line up onsides.

So no, I don't think going nuclear and ****ing your future cap is what is needed. ****ing NFL caliber WR's is what is needed. You still need to draft and develop your next group of stars.
But you can see what we meant when we talked about WR1/wr2. We need adaptable WRs. Not a bunch of niche guys who play 1 specific role. We can’t have a bunch of 500-700 yard WRs let alone ones who can’t adapt to play outside their role. Those are great guys to fill the back of the wr depth chart not the front. Our plan was for WR1 to be a gadget guy who not surprisingly couldn’t adapt outside of that, wr2 to be a clearout guy, our slot guy was primarily a man beater who we thought could catch and run but had clear limitations beyond that. Rice is the only guy we have who feels like a Swiss Army knife and even still, we don’t fully know if he can consistently beat man coverage at the top level we need from a primary option.

That’s the bare minimum. We can’t even do that. Let alone the additional layer of WRs who can consistently and reliably run the right route (let alone a great one), catch a pass (let alone a difficult or contested pass). So we have a bunch of role players who are total inconsistent messes adjusting to the route and to the ball. That’s why we need a WR1. At the very least have the versatility to do lots of things, but for the love of god let’s finally give mahomes some guys who can work to get the ball just as hard as he works to get the ball to them.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:18 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I mostly agree about Travis BUT he might want to top TG in yards. If that's the case he might try to play another 3 or 4 years.

Anything is possible, especially when it concerns Travis.

However, he's been making some noise recently, last year and now this one, that he's really feeling the grind of the season, both physically and mentally. And now for the first time he's been openly talking about possibly retiring.

Also, he said in one of his podcasts that he's not trying to chase TG's yardage record.

I think he might play two more seasons. But you never know with these elite players. Their minds work a bit differently than everyone else's.
[Reply]
O.city 04:21 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Not taking any viable receiver EXCEPT an All-Pro #1WR, it's either that or NOTHING is stupid.

If a guy has done it before, under this OC, in THIS system, and is 26 years old and likely to be inexpensive, you nab him. Mooney wouldn't preclude any other move, and gives you a young WR that's had an 80/1000 yard season.

You don't stop there. You don't call it good. You still fill the rest of the room with viable options with upside, but saying **** NO, HE'S NOT A #1WR is ****ing stupid.
You want to have a whole viable room of WR's.

That doesn't happen, no teams have that.

Get a high end guy, fill around him and move on.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:02 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But you can see what we meant when we talked about WR1/wr2. We need adaptable WRs. Not a bunch of niche guys who play 1 specific role. We can’t have a bunch of 500-700 yard WRs let alone ones who can’t adapt to play outside their role. Those are great guys to fill the back of the wr depth chart not the front. Our plan was for WR1 to be a gadget guy who not surprisingly couldn’t adapt outside of that, wr2 to be a clearout guy, our slot guy was primarily a man beater who we thought could catch and run but had clear limitations beyond that. Rice is the only guy we have who feels like a Swiss Army knife and even still, we don’t fully know if he can consistently beat man coverage at the top level we need from a primary option.

That’s the bare minimum. We can’t even do that. Let alone the additional layer of WRs who can consistently and reliably run the right route (let alone a great one), catch a pass (let alone a difficult or contested pass). So we have a bunch of role players who are total inconsistent messes adjusting to the route and to the ball. That’s why we need a WR1. At the very least have the versatility to do lots of things, but for the love of god let’s finally give mahomes some guys who can work to get the ball just as hard as he works to get the ball to them.
These guys not only didn't improve in year two, they regressed to being unplayable.

There's a HUGE difference between solid, professional and absolute garbage.
A room full of solid professional WR and this team is on cruise control. Hell, just ONE, really.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:03 PM 12-13-2023
You want to have a whole viable room of WR's.

That doesn't happen, no teams have that.

Get a high end guy, fill around him and move on.
Then one injury away from this.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:11 PM 12-13-2023

And a legit #1 WR who can be the go to guy in the Chiefs passing game is needed now more than ever with Kelce turning 35 next season and possibly retiring.
[Reply]
Page 299 of 324
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309 > Last »
Up