View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 298 of 343
« First < 198248288294295296297298 299300301302308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:38 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
We should move on and let some team with an immobile QB find out how much he sucks at pass blocking.
Then who is protecting the half billion dollar man’s blindside?

I’d like to upgrade the position, too…but the more likely scenario is that Veach resets the market with an extension for Orlando, unless a trade for a top tier guy like Tunsil is possible.

Sucks missing out on Silverback and then the opportunity to draft Darrisaw.

Either option would have this offense playing at a historic level.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:41 PM 12-23-2022
:-) How the fuck could you STILL be pining for Trent Williams when he's proven to be the same brokedick he always has been in SF.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:05 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) How the fuck could you STILL be pining for Trent Williams when he's proven to be the same brokedick he always has been in SF.
you don’t understand a zoomed out scope of what you’re watching, then.

He’s been the top LT in the league for the last 5 years or so and has only missed 4 games in the last 2 seasons. That doesn’t make him a broke dick at all. He also wouldn’t have taken draft picks in trade and he straight up erases opposing top pass rushers and is really good leading the blocks on runs.

If we had Silverback or Darrisaw at LT, this offense would be completely different right now.

Andy could open up the playbook all the way if the line was

Silverback
Thuney
Creed
Smith
(Insert name)

Right now, we run a passing offense that doesn’t allow Pat to go through progressions properly because the OTs are that bad.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:10 PM 12-23-2022
Yeah…total brokedick.

Yeah, we couldn’t use that guy and the picks we didn’t need to send in trade…
Attached: FAE5CAF7-3F6E-4B90-AB6F-425C53E59B75.jpg (46.5 KB) 
[Reply]
notorious 03:32 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Then who is protecting the half billion dollar man’s blindside?

I’d like to upgrade the position, too…but the more likely scenario is that Veach resets the market with an extension for Orlando, unless a trade for a top tier guy like Tunsil is possible.

Sucks missing out on Silverback and then the opportunity to draft Darrisaw.

Either option would have this offense playing at a historic level.
Reset the market for a below average pass blocker?

I agreed with this with my above comments, but it makes me want to puke.

Just because he's next in line doesn't make it right.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:34 PM 12-23-2022
Im pretty sure Vearch has several contingency plans ready and is ready to pounce on whatever the situation dictates
[Reply]
O.city 03:37 PM 12-23-2022
If they were gonna break him off financially they’d have done it last year
[Reply]
notorious 03:38 PM 12-23-2022
I don't want to sound like a ****tard that throws out stupid scenarios, but can Thuney do the job week after week or was his short jaunt at LT just a smoke screen?
[Reply]
BossChief 03:53 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Im pretty sure Vearch has several contingency plans ready and is ready to pounce on whatever the situation dictates
You don’t just pull a LT out of your ass in the NFL. Elite ones are extremely rare and Orlando is a step down from there. I do think he still has upside, but those feet limit him regardless of development.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:55 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They offered him a huge contract.
[Reply]
jettio 03:55 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Reset the market for a below average pass blocker?

I agreed with this with my above comments, but it makes me want to puke.

Just because he's next in line doesn't make it right.
I don't think Brown and his agent's problem with the Chiefs last best offer this year was that it did not reset the market.

Brown and his guy did not like that the AAV was pumped up with unrealistic bullshit values for the last years of the deal.

I think Brown and his agent will be good with top 5 AAV at signing if it is not a deal with nonsense numbers for the last year or two.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:09 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
I don't think Brown and his agent's problem with the Chiefs last best offer this year was that it did not reset the market.

Brown and his guy did not like that the AAV was pumped up with unrealistic bullshit values for the last years of the deal.

I think Brown and his agent will be good with top 5 AAV at signing if it is not a deal with nonsense numbers for the last year or two.
No way.

These agents saw Sunday ticket sell to google like the rest of us did and also know gambling revenue starts to impact the cap more next year.

Orlando is a 4x probowl tackle that has made the PB in 2 systems as a tackle on both sides of the line.

He’s also young with minimal injury history and zero off field concerns.

If we don’t reset the market for Orlando, somebody will.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:10 PM 12-23-2022
Yeah…total brokedick.

Yeah, we couldn’t use that guy and the picks we didn’t need to send in trade…
:-) Was a complete liability in the NFC championship game after having to leave Green Bay on crutches. He's fucking worthless because his body cannot hold up to a full season of work. It never has been and going into his mid 30 it's almost assuredly never going to change.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:21 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think they were in wait and see mode
[Reply]
KCJake 04:21 PM 12-23-2022
They offered him a huge contract.
And he declined it. Proceeded to play shitty and there's no way he's getting an offer like that again. Chiefs dogged a bullet when that fat@ss didn't sign
[Reply]
Page 298 of 343
« First < 198248288294295296297298 299300301302308 > Last »
Up