ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 297 of 469
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307347397 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
myselff77 01:42 PM 08-02-2022
Not a single inquiry on the availability of Ryan O'Hearn?
[Reply]
tk13 01:43 PM 08-02-2022
There goes one spot for Michael Taylor. Honestly Taylor is a better player but older and under less control.

Phillies acquiring OF Brandon Marsh from Angels for Double A C Logan O’Hoppe, source tells @TheAthletic. On it: @ByRobertMurray

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 2, 2022

[Reply]
tk13 01:48 PM 08-02-2022
And the Phillies might be out on Barlow too now.

The Philadelphia Phillies have acquired right-hander David Robertson from the Chicago Cubs, sources tell ESPN.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 2, 2022

[Reply]
PHOG 01:50 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Yeah, whoever gets him will make a minor tweak in his delivery and become an ace for them.
[Reply]
tk13 01:54 PM 08-02-2022
Interesting mix for Philly, they gave up a legit top 5 prospect in their system for Marsh but they get a lot of years of control. For Robertson they just gave up one guy, their #26 prospect so nothing too exciting really, not much different than the Soler deal we made last year.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:44 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I guess I don't get all the shitting on Hosmer in this thread. He was great for us, even if he didn't live up to his draft status (offensively). He was a big part of bringing us two pennants and a Trophy.

Now, I am glad we didn't pay the ridiculous contract that SD gave him. That would have been a HUGE mistake and would have tarnished his legacy here. That said, San Diego signed him to the contract they did, agreed to a no trade clause for 10 teams, did a deal with him in it without telling him ahead of time and then sending him to a team that was on his no trade list.

If I was Hosmer I would tell them to get bent too. They tried to do him dirty and he told them to '**** off'. Good for him. He'll end up getting sent somewhere else, somewhere better than ****ing DC.
This. I'll always love Hoz for what he helped do. Some folks need to go re-watch the 9th inning of game 5. Why would I care that he has sucked in San Diego? Hope he does well in Boston (Ironically, I'm posting this while on vacation in Boston. Pretty cool city. So much awesome history).
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:54 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
Well there goes Hosmer's return to the K with the Padres in late August.
Instead, he'll be here on Thursday.
[Reply]
tk13 03:10 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
This. I'll always love Hoz for what he helped do. Some folks need to go re-watch the 9th inning of game 5. Why would I care that he has sucked in San Diego? Hope he does well in Boston (Ironically, I'm posting this while on vacation in Boston. Pretty cool city. So much awesome history).
Not to mention game 6 against the Blue Jays, the sac fly in game 1 against the Mets, the extra innings homer against the Angels in the ALDS and the triple in the 12th inning of the Wild Card game against the A's that kicked off the rally that started the whole thing in the first place.

You could make the case behind Brett and Mahomes that Hosmer is the 3rd most clutch postseason athlete in Kansas City sports history. In terms of number of clutch playoff moments, there aren't many guys ahead of him. I didn't even mention his homer against the Astros in the big comeback, among other games. The dash home in game 5 is one of the wildest plays ever. He definitely got a contract that was beyond his stats but the guy just delivered over and over again in big moments.
[Reply]
Coach 03:32 PM 08-02-2022
28 minutes left, and none of these guys have been moved.

I get the sinking feeling they aren't.

Fucking front office. :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:32 PM 08-02-2022

Royals per usual asking for moon on their pieces. Scott Barlow & Josh Staumont in particular. Won't give away any of their relievers including Amir Garrett. Merrifield just didn't have a market in a down yr.

— MLBExecutiveBurner (@HotStoveintel) August 2, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:35 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
You could make the case behind Brett and Mahomes that Hosmer is the 3rd most clutch postseason athlete in Kansas City sports history. In terms of number of clutch playoff moments, there aren't many guys ahead of him. I didn't even mention his homer against the Astros in the big comeback, among other games. The dash home in game 5 is one of the wildest plays ever. He definitely got a contract that was beyond his stats but the guy just delivered over and over again in big moments.
Salvador Perez says hi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tk13 03:35 PM 08-02-2022
Yeah I was just about to post that. Sounds like they want a lot for the relievers and nobody wants Whit.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:36 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Amir Garrett is a POS. If someone offered anything, we should have taken it. JFC.....
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:39 PM 08-02-2022
I think the biggest problem our guys have is most of them have one more year on their deals like Whit, MAT, etc.

Not the worst thing in the world to give Massey and Waters some more time in Omaha.
[Reply]
tk13 03:42 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Salvador Perez says hi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salvy's definitely on the Mount Rushmore of KC stars way before Hosmer for sure, but I was talking about clutch playoff moments. Salvy has the wild card game which was an all-time moment and he was WS MVP but that was more for consistent performance.

Hosmer had several massive clutch plays to start rallies or win games through those two years. Pretty much every big game we remember Hosmer was in the middle of it somewhere.
[Reply]
Page 297 of 469
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307347397 > Last »
Up