ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 297 of 313
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:27 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I guess Toub was just trolling too.
Slightly different.

Fountain needs to be a gritty special teams contributor to make this team.

DRob doesn't need to be a luxury punt returner to do so.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:29 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Slightly different.

Fountain needs to be a gritty special teams contributor to make this team.

DRob doesn't need to be a luxury punt returner to do so.
Honestly, Toub clowning on DRob is absolute proof he’s always been a lock to make the roster. Our coaching staff wouldn’t criticize someone on the bubble publicly.

And no, I never doubted that DRob would make the team.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:22 PM 08-28-2021
How could anyone think Robinson wouldn’t make the team? It’s the same group minus Watkins.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:36 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
How could anyone think Robinson wouldn’t make the team? It’s the same group minus Watkins.
Exactly he slots up due to the Watkins subtraction. UNLESS you actually believe fountain played his way above Pringle, Robinson and maybe mecole. I see it as 1. Hill, 2 Hardman 3. Robinson, 4 Pringle, 5 kemp/Fountain/ Powell.
[Reply]
Phoneix 08:45 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Exactly he slots up due to the Watkins subtraction. UNLESS you actually believe fountain played his way above Pringle, Robinson and maybe mecole. I see it as 1. Hill, 2 Hardman 3. Robinson, 4 Pringle, 5 kemp/Fountain/ Powell.
Except that, once again, Historically Big Daddy Red has kept 6 Wide Outs on the roster. The exception was last year with 5.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:51 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I find this interesting...

A lot of people who are saying Fountain is nothing and will never be better are the same ones saying that Mecole should have been working with Mahomes in the offseason.

The people saying Powell is a bust because he never produced at Clemson are the same ones lauding Tyreek for working so hard to develop into an elite wide receiver.

So, which is it? Are wide receivers drafted as complete players with no ability to improve, or is playing wide receiver a skillset to be developed, especially by working directly with Mahomes to build chemistry and familiarity? Because there's a lot of people talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Oh, and while frustration with Mecole is that he has never really developed past who he was as a rookie, I'd argue the same is true for Robinson.

Pringle is the guy who has developed (and obviously Reek/Kelce).
I've always been kind of perplexed by what makes a receiver great in the NFL. You'd think all one would need is speed, quickness, and the ability to catch a football. Yet there's an unending list of guys who had size, speed, and hands but couldn't cut it in the league. Then other guys who weren't the fastest or the biggest became Hall of Famers.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:54 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I've always been kind of perplexed by what makes a receiver great in the NFL. You'd think all one would need is speed, quickness, and the ability to catch a football. Yet there's an unending list of guys who had size, speed, and hands but couldn't cut it in the league. Then other guys who weren't the fastest or the biggest became Hall of Famers.
Kickers fascinate me more in that regards. Field width, goal posts, and everything else is exactly the same as college. How a kicker can go from elite in college to scrub in the NFL just boggles the mind.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:57 PM 08-28-2021
Some receivers seem to have an innate feel for the route, knowing the exact perfect timing to cut, how to cut, what kind of little fake to make, and how to alter the route based on the defense.

Other receivers seem to be just out there running their routes without the same feel for the defense. If the original route and cut obviously aren't going to work, they just do it anyway and wind up covered.

Think Hill vs. Hardman basically. Or Kelce vs. an average TE.

I think smarts matter too. The one on one part is a cat and mouse game that the smarter player usually wins. Like Rodman getting rebounds. He was always just one step ahead.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:58 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Kickers fascinate me more in that regards. Field width, goal posts, and everything else is exactly the same as college. How a kicker can go from elite in college to scrub in the NFL just boggles the mind.
I will never understand Roberto Aguayo as long as I live
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:00 PM 08-28-2021
I think the same could be said for other positions as well: running back, pass rushers, OL
[Reply]
tredadda 09:03 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think the same could be said for other positions as well: running back, pass rushers, OL
I think with Oline and pass rushers it's more about mastering technique. You can get by on raw talent in college, but in the NFL technique and leverage make all the difference.
[Reply]
Phoneix 09:05 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
SNR, booboo, I normally ❤️ your takes but I think you are way off here baby cakes.

Andy has historically carried 6 Wide Receivers on the active roster.

2017: Hill, Conley, Wilson, my sexy dude De Anthony Thomas, Robinson and Chesson
2018: Hill, Watkins, Robinson, Conley, Kemp and De Anthony Thomas
2019: Hill, Watkins, Robinson, Hardman, Pringle and De Anthony Thomas
2020: Hill, Watkins, Robinson, Pringle and Kemp
2021: Hill, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, Fountain and Kemp

Other than the crazy COVID year last year big daddy Red has shown he likes to keep the wide receivers deep and talented. I think my prediction will be opposite of yours boo bear.
I’ll even take it back further for you Neanderthals.

2016 - Maclin, Conley, Hill, Wilson, Robinson, and DAT
2015 - Maclin, Wilson, DAT, Jason Avant, Conley, and Hammond
2014- Bowe, Donnie Avery, Hammond, AJ Jenkins, Wilson and DAT
2013- Bowe, Avery, McCluster, AJ Jenkins, Junior Hemingway, and Chad Hall

I hate to burst all you 5 wide out only boys but we are going to carry 6
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:05 PM 08-28-2021

Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith and Lucas Niang will make ~3.5 million total in 2021. They account for 1.59% of the #Chiefs salary investment and 1.37% of its cap hit this season.

— Ethan Willinger (@ecwillinger) August 25, 2021

[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:09 PM 08-28-2021
Robinson isn't going anywhere. Nothing in pre season or camp changed that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:26 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
I’ll even take it back further for you Neanderthals.

2016 - Maclin, Conley, Hill, Wilson, Robinson, and DAT
2015 - Maclin, Wilson, DAT, Jason Avant, Conley, and Hammond
2014- Bowe, Donnie Avery, Hammond, AJ Jenkins, Wilson and DAT
2013- Bowe, Avery, McCluster, AJ Jenkins, Junior Hemingway, and Chad Hall

I hate to burst all you 5 wide out only boys but we are going to carry 6
Sorry, but I don't remember the argument against Fountain being "We'll only carry 5 WRs."

My argument against Fountain is and always has been that I don't think Andy Reid and the coaching staff will drop Marcus Kemp for a guy like Fountain who won't contribute as successfully on special teams.

That being said, I was also under the assumption that the Chiefs were going to keep Powell no matter what, but I think now there's a pretty decent likelihood that Powell will get cut and the Chiefs will attempt to stash him on the practice squad before he gets picked up.

That's gonna be Fountain's ticket onto this team.
[Reply]
Page 297 of 313
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307 > Last »
Up