ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 296 of 324
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:20 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If you think they're going to go drop $25m+ on a WR, you're smoking crack.
But it's okay to spend $20 million/year on a penalty-prone RT?

Look at the top 10 highest WR contracts this year in terms of annual value... 5-10 are close to what the Chiefs are paying Taylor.

DJ Moore is making about $20 million/year in Chicago.

Terry McLaurin is making about $23 million/year in Washington.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:20 AM 12-13-2023
Desean Jackson says he's ready and willing to climb aboard this train

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/retired...130035819.html
[Reply]
Balto 11:21 AM 12-13-2023
Dude, what the **** is up your ass, exactly?

Mooney is on a bad team in a bad situation, but under Nagy was much better.

If he was a 1000 yard guy with Fields, he wouldn't be available.

There is no ****ing way KC is going to go buy a #1 All-Pro WR. None.

****ing forget about it.
I think Veach will go after a top NFL WR in a trade or trade up in the draft to get one and not resign Jones. I don't think thats such a crazy idea.

You stated I should find another hobby and stop watching Chiefs football HA. So nothing up my ass just wanted to let you know that Mooney will never be any teams #1 WR and how the post after post about him in far more unbelievable than the idea of Veach going all out for a top NFL or draft WR.

At least I know what to get you for Christmas! Knee pads for when you hang out with your buddy Mooney!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:22 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
There's another guy I want no part of.

I'm tired of slapdicks. Kelce isn't going to be around forever, so it's time to find that alpha WR1 to pair with Rice and quit ****ing around with ****ing C players.
Otwp… Im not super high on Mooney which is why I wasn’t crazy about sending picks for him this year. However, I don’t see this as building a room around him. I want to see us nail a first round pick at WR1. If we end up with even a decent (elite won’t be easy) WR ideally we end up with an outside Wr1 and rashee in the power slot, then mooney immediately provides a serviceable wr1 with the hope that your rookie wr bumps him down to WR2.

I would rather Pittman or Ridley because I feel like these guys are perfect - slightly lower $ and effective (which is what we need… we don’t need to pay the $ for elite). But it wouldn’t bother me at all to save ourselves some money and commit to getting the best possible WR within reason in the draft and view a free agent wr as more insurance vs THE answer. I don’t think there’s any doubt veach will bring in a free agent wr so I know we’ll bring somebody in. My only concern, and it’s just not knowing enough about Mooney, is does he know what he’s doing. I’ll take competence over athleticism at this point.

Ideally a few years from now we keep our foot on the gas and keep drafting WRs so we can avoid the blue chip wr market entirely. If we just hit our pick next year we’re a long way to keeping that issue at peace for a while
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:25 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
MUCH higher odds than Veach and Reid's big off season plan being go after Mooney as our fix all HAHAHA
I would be shocked if we don’t walk into next year at minimum with a free agent wr of some kind and a first or second round draft pick at wr. Would also be shocked if we didn’t target a decent passing weapon at TE. Other than this offseason what has veach done that leads you to believe he doesn’t respond to crises?
[Reply]
BossChief 11:25 AM 12-13-2023
Dude, what the fuck is up your ass, exactly?

Mooney is on a bad team in a bad situation, but under Nagy was much better.

If he was a 1000 yard guy with Fields, he wouldn't be available.

There is no fucking way KC is going to go buy a #1 All-Pro WR. None.

fucking forget about it.
I’m not sure I agree with that.

Veach almost traded and extended AJ Brown before Philly beat us out. That’s straight from AJ.

These WRs are so bad it’s made the position a running joke.

No way are Clark/Andy/Veach going to be ok with the team having that kind of glaring weakness.

The last time we had a laughable position group, look how Veach attacked the problem in FA AND the draft.

I EXPECT them to persue a big time alpha WR in FA AND draft one high.
[Reply]
Balto 11:25 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Desean Jackson says he's ready and willing to climb aboard this train

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/retired...130035819.html
Why not? Couldn't hurt
[Reply]
TEX 11:28 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’m not sure I agree with that.

Veach almost traded and extended AJ Brown before Philly beat us out. That’s straight from AJ.

These WRs are so bad it’s made the position a running joke.

No way are Clark/Andy/Veach going to be ok with the team having that kind of glaring weakness.

The last time we had a laughable position group, look how Veach attacked the problem in FA AND the draft.

I EXPECT them to persue a big time alpha WR in FA AND draft one high.
I agree. Especially since they directly chose this path. Admit the mistske and fix it in a big way!
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:38 PM 12-13-2023

They're going to try to draft and develop the next group of stars, and they're going to fill in with affordable vets. It's the only way to challenge for a championship EVERY year of Mahomes' career. And it's not always going to work. Shit happens. Guys don't pan out sometimes. You don't panic, freak out, and mortgage everything just because it didn't work out once.

You get back to work, and you try again. Hopefully wiser.

I think this is almost exactly what Veach is going to do. I don't necessarily agree with it, but the writing's on the wall.

One thing to think about though, and something Veach/Andy will probably have the inside scoop on, is when Travis is going to retire. Because it's coming sooner than later. I feel like he'll play in 2024, but I have serious doubts he'll play after that. That's mostly gut feeling, but I'm pretty close to certain about it.

If that's the case, I think Veach better bite the bullet and get a FA alpha-dog WR in the building ASAP. Because if you think the offense looks shitty now, just wait until Travis isn't out there (and I mean the global "You" here, not just you, Chris). If there isn't an All-Pro level WR (or TE), and no Travis, just Rice, Toney, Skyy, a rook, and some bargain-basement FA, it's going to be a lot worse than it is right now.

Especially considering it takes more than a single season for WRs to actually absorb the entire playbook.

But like I said at the top, I'm pretty sure we'll go the route CM outlined in his post. Sounds very much like Veach's MO.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:43 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think this is almost exactly what Veach is going to do. I don't necessarily agree with it, but the writing's on the wall.

One thing to think about though, and something Veach/Andy will probably have the inside scoop on, is when Travis is going to retire. Because it's coming sooner than later. I feel like he'll play in 2024, but I have serious doubts he'll play after that. That's mostly gut feeling, but I'm pretty close to certain about it.

If that's the case, I think Veach better bite the bullet and get a FA alpha-dog WR in the building ASAP. Because if you think the offense looks shitty now, just wait until Travis isn't out there (and I mean the global "You" here, not just you, Chris). If there isn't an All-Pro level WR (or TE), and no Travis, just Rice, Toney, Skyy, a rook, and some bargain-basement FA, it's going to be a lot worse than it is right now.

Especially considering it takes more than a single season for WRs to actually absorb the entire playbook.

But like I said at the top, I'm pretty sure we'll go the route CM outlined in his post. Sounds very much like Veach's MO.
I’m in between on it. I agree with the approach of constantly hitting this in the draft. But that may take time bc we may not hit right away so it’s a gamble for veach to sell that to mahomes and the public and fans.

I think the ultimate goal is to get a WR1 and get serious about it. But having 3 very good WRs at a fraction of the cost would probably be fine. Rice, high draft pick, WR2 who can play wr1 until rookie is ready. But weve gotta hit on that pick
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:43 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I think Veach will go after a top NFL WR in a trade or trade up in the draft to get one and not resign Jones. I don't think thats such a crazy idea.

You stated I should find another hobby and stop watching Chiefs football HA. So nothing up my ass just wanted to let you know that Mooney will never be any teams #1 WR and how the post after post about him in far more unbelievable than the idea of Veach going all out for a top NFL or draft WR.

At least I know what to get you for Christmas! Knee pads for when you hang out with your buddy Mooney!
Yikes, have to side with Meck here. Mooney is just a good football player. No, he is not a star or an elite talent but you put Mooney on this team this week and everything looks better. Dude is fast, runs nice routes, and catches the ball. If you ever just decide to watch a Bears game you will often see Mooney running wide open but no ball.

Now if you want to say you would like a higher investment that is fair. But Mooney would be a huge get because right now we just need to add ANYONE that is good.

If we did add Mooney as the big FA WR I would also expect us to use another high pick on weapons as well. Maybe move up for your future #1.

I would of course prefer a Davonte, Aiyuk, Godwin etc but those guys would need to be traded for and they ain't cheap.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:46 PM 12-13-2023
I mean if we end up with below….

First round wr/Mooney/rice
2nd or 3rd round TE passing weapon
Speed option either wr or speed rb
Keep developing wanya

That’s a really good offseason, yeah? Even as we wait for the rookie wr to grow that feels way better from the jump
[Reply]
RunKC 12:57 PM 12-13-2023
Patriots are about to do a hard reset. If they cut Juju then you bet your ass Veach should call him to come back.

He's cheap, will only be 28 next year and Patrick clearly trusted him. His knee issue doesn't seem to be as bad as what people thought.

Not saying that he would be WR1 or that we would stop there, but having him back in the rotation would heal a lot of these wounds.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:58 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I’m in between on it. I agree with the approach of constantly hitting this in the draft. But that may take time bc we may not hit right away so it’s a gamble for veach to sell that to mahomes and the public and fans.

I think the ultimate goal is to get a WR1 and get serious about it. But having 3 very good WRs at a fraction of the cost would probably be fine. Rice, high draft pick, WR2 who can play wr1 until rookie is ready. But weve gotta hit on that pick

Oh, I totally agree we have to keep drafting WRs/TEs. Just saying, I don't believe a couple rooks and Rice will replace everything Travis does for the offense, and that goes beyond the stats. DCs fear Travis. I mean, he scares the bejesus out of them. Take him off the field, and a lot of what we want to do gets hamstrung.

When Travis hangs them up, we need to have a guy (or two guys) that scare DCs similar to how Travis has. Imo. Ymmv.

Anyway, we'll see how it pans out. I trust that Veach and Andy will make the right decisions moving forward, whatever they might be.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:59 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Patriots are about to do a hard reset. If they cut Juju then you bet your ass Veach should call him to come back.

He's cheap, will only be 28 next year and Patrick clearly trusted him. His knee issue doesn't seem to be as bad as what people thought.

Not saying that he would be WR1 or that we would stop there, but having him back in the rotation would heal a lot of these wounds.

We need "better than JuJu." That's the goal. Move forward and upwards. JuJu is the equivalent of treading water, or going backwards.
[Reply]
Page 296 of 324
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306 > Last »
Up