ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 296 of 313
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:54 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Stephen A said we're a finesse team. Clearly he is disregarding the play style of this new OL.
Why the fuck would you actually take anything he says seriously? We already know for a fact he barely even has surface knowledge of this team and even that is outdated.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:57 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Why the **** would you actually take anything he says seriously? We already know for a fact he barely even has surface knowledge of this team and even that is outdated.
The NFL isn't his strong point. He is entertaining. Gotta be a few haters. He's one and Skip Bayless is another.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:58 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I wish I had an alternate reality machine so I could take you guys to the reality where Fountain not only makes the team but starts taking WR3 snaps over Robinson and Pringle. You know what's going to happen?

Nothing. Nothing's going to happen. Because Fountain's going to do nothing. He's going to be worthless. If he's actually as good as people say he is, you know whose production he's going to resemble in this offense?

Demarcus ****ing Robinson. And that's if Fountain is playing to the peak of what he can accomplish.

Again, you all think Fountain is great because he's different and new. And new isn't old. Robinson is old. Fountain is new. New is filled with POTENCHUL. And hope. And cinnamon buns and unicorns that fart rainbows.

All I'm telling ya'll is to grow the **** up and see the NFL for what it actually is. And what it is doesn't involve Daurice Fountain playing a significant role in this Chiefs offense and doing in regular season games what he does in the preseason.

Get a ****ing clue, guys.
The point is not for robinson to be a break out player but to provide competition. Maybe he breaks out but you’re right that he probably doesn’t but having competition pushes guys like drob, hardman and Pringle to work and get better. Powell and kemp aren’t pushing them to be better. If fountain can make a few plays and look good in practice, that pushes the wr room to get better and that is important, significant and matters.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:59 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Not being a fucking moron isn't his strong point. He fucking sucks. I can’t believe anyone takes this fucking idiot serious. Skip Bayless is also worthless.
Fyp
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:12 PM 08-28-2021
From what I saw in preseason, Fountain runs better routes and has better hands than DRob. I would rather keep him and release Robinson instead. Same with Gore over Darwin. Gore made splashy plays and had a knack for finding the open hole.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:16 PM 08-28-2021
:-) :-)

Let's just keep ALLLLL the preseason heroes!

Dicaprio Bootle made an impressive play last night! We're keeping him!

So did that random asshole on the DL named Clark whose first name isn't Frank. KEEP HIM!

THE POTENTIAL, GUYZ! JUST THINK OF THE POTENTIAL!!!!!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:17 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I find this interesting...

A lot of people who are saying Fountain is nothing and will never be better are the same ones saying that Mecole should have been working with Mahomes in the offseason.

The people saying Powell is a bust because he never produced at Clemson are the same ones lauding Tyreek for working so hard to develop into an elite wide receiver.

So, which is it? Are wide receivers drafted as complete players with no ability to improve, or is playing wide receiver a skillset to be developed, especially by working directly with Mahomes to build chemistry and familiarity? Because there's a lot of people talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Oh, and while frustration with Mecole is that he has never really developed past who he was as a rookie, I'd argue the same is true for Robinson.

Pringle is the guy who has developed (and obviously Reek/Kelce).
Related to the 'WRs developing skillsets' thing, I went through the NFLTop100 videos with the question 'what do I covet'*

In the past, I've coveted a clone of a Sproles type. Holding out hope Edwards-Helaire has the durability and maintains the quickness to fill that role. And I've coveted a Mike Evans type, tall fast great hands, . . . but then who on earth doesn't for their own NFL team. So of course, whiffing on DK Metcalf still stings.

The one that stood out for me this year was the notion of what Mahomes could do with a line that protects him and a WR opposite Tyreek that runs routes like Calvin Ridley. Out of everyone in the Top100, that was my most realistic and enduring covet.

So what says CP. Watch the video below and weigh in if you think that his skillset is something that can be targeted and taught, or if it's a premium skillset that you'll only get through luck or heavy spending?

* - coveting, in this particular instance, is desiring something feasible. It's not hoping for something that it takes a #1 overall draft pick, or trading for someone else's franchise foundation. But something that is an outstanding prototype or skillset that can be found or developed.

[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:16 PM 08-28-2021
I feel like the entire board is trolling with this cut Drob keep fountain garbage.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:17 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I feel like the entire board is trolling with this cut Drob keep fountain garbage.
What? Why? DRob isn't really THAT bad of a player but he fucks up in the most spectacular ways sometimes. Fountain is the new shiny toy.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:53 PM 08-28-2021
:-) :-)

Let's just keep ALLLLL the preseason heroes!

Dicaprio Bootle made an impressive play last night! We're keeping him!

So did that random asshole on the DL named Clark whose first name isn't Frank. KEEP HIM!

THE POTENTIAL, GUYZ! JUST THINK OF THE POTENTIAL!!!!!!
What do you think about Gore ?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:55 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I guess Toub was just trolling too.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:57 PM 08-28-2021
Mahomes will keep who he likes. End of story. He runs shit now bitches!
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:05 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
What do you think about Gore ?
He looked fine against a bunch of burger flippers. We have no clue how good he actually is, though.

To be honest, if we're just comparing what we saw on Friday, Darwin Thompson looked like the more impressive runner. He had that one play where he got stopped behind the LOS which brought down his average, but he seemed faster and had more wiggle and skill to his game than Gore.

That's not really a vote of confidence for Darwin, though. We know he's a trash regular season RB. Gore might be better than him or he might be worse. I'm saying that the coaches have a much better idea of what Gore is than us fans do from watching him in preseason.

I'm thinking if the Chiefs like Gore, they probably want to bring him along slowly like they did with Darrell Williams, but we have no way of knowing if they view that as a productive investment.

I'd say Gore is probably a PS stash, and I doubt any team is going sign him away. He's probably safe right there. Bring him back next offseason and see if anything has changed after a year.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:20 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wtf are you talking about? Robinson is literally in half of Mahomes' highlight clips since he became a starter. He's an above-average receiver that flashes some great catches.

Sheesh, who are these dipsticks?
Above average WR is an overstatement, because Robinson has an equal amount of WTF dumbass decision and running wrong/bad routes associated with his lack of acumen being dependable player. IMO, Pringle has won the #3 WR spot
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:13 PM 08-28-2021
He looked fine against a bunch of burger flippers. We have no clue how good he actually is, though.

To be honest, if we're just comparing what we saw on Friday, Darwin Thompson looked like the more impressive runner. He had that one play where he got stopped behind the LOS which brought down his average, but he seemed faster and had more wiggle and skill to his game than Gore.

That's not really a vote of confidence for Darwin, though. We know he's a trash regular season RB. Gore might be better than him or he might be worse. I'm saying that the coaches have a much better idea of what Gore is than us fans do from watching him in preseason.

I'm thinking if the Chiefs like Gore, they probably want to bring him along slowly like they did with Darrell Williams, but we have no way of knowing if they view that as a productive investment.

I'd say Gore is probably a PS stash, and I doubt any team is going sign him away. He's probably safe right there. Bring him back next offseason and see if anything has changed after a year.
Gore was playing against burger flippers but he was also playing behind our 2nd and 3rd string OL. From what I saw of his ability he would flourish behind our 1's
[Reply]
Page 296 of 313
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306 > Last »
Up