ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 295 of 333
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:52 PM 09-22-2023
James McArthur has been nails. Another win
[Reply]
tk13 08:54 PM 09-22-2023
Even in this disaster of a season, JJ's trades have been incredible. Ragans and now seeing what McArthur is doing. That trade seemed really strange, a 26 year old guy stuck in the minors with terrible numbers.

Now McArthur looks like a cyborg. Dude just destroyed the entire top half of the Astros order in their ballpark. Made them look completely overmatched.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:55 PM 09-22-2023
Good things happening tonight...Royals hand the 'stros a loss. Texas wins. The west is chaos.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:01 PM 09-22-2023
The Royals could amazingly not finish dead last in their division and if they win out they could finish with the 4th worst record in MLB, all on the heels of a hot September.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:10 PM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
The Royals could amazingly not finish dead last in their division and if they win out they could finish with the 4th worst record in MLB, all on the heels of a hot September.
And not break the franchise loss record after all.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:12 PM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
Even in this disaster of a season, JJ's trades have been incredible. Ragans and now seeing what McArthur is doing. That trade seemed really strange, a 26 year old guy stuck in the minors with terrible numbers.

Now McArthur looks like a cyborg. Dude just destroyed the entire top half of the Astros order in their ballpark. Made them look completely overmatched.
Yeah, plus Velazquez for Cuas. Three great moves.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:49 PM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Great. That will help us save some money and draft a SP from Blue Springs South who won't ever throw 90 mph.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 05:52 AM 09-23-2023
Dare I say things may be turning around? During the first third of the season, I thought we were looking at years of being dismal. We still might be, but at least I have a glimmer of hope.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:09 AM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Dare I say things may be turning around? During the first third of the season, I thought we were looking at years of being dismal. We still might be, but at least I have a glimmer of hope.
Remember the Royals young guys had 6 in the top 100 when they were in the minors before they got called up. And they were the #3 system in baseball. They have some talent. All because 23 and 24 year olds don't set the world on fire right off the bat doesn't mean they wont.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:37 AM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:

I’m known as an eternal royals optimist, but that said, how many times have we seen this film (horrendous start and play well in august and September…..get excited when we win the Cactus League….and then faceplant out the gate in the new season).

I hope it’s different next year, go royals!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:40 AM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I’m known as an eternal royals optimist, but that said, how many times have we seen this film (horrendous start and play well in august and September…..get excited when we win the Cactus League….and then faceplant out the gate in the new season).

I hope it’s different next year, go royals!
Brad Keller looks like an ace!!! Yeah...I hope these guys contiunyto do well next season. Atleast it's some hope
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:05 AM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:

Cuas for Velazquez was the second best trade of the year. Ragans was by far the best acquisition we've made in a long long time. JJ looking pretty competent. Plus the new development guy! Things arent looking so bleak anymore!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:07 AM 09-23-2023
Royals getting hot?? They do this every September…. It’s like clockwork

Are we really excited for MacArthur?? A guy who has a 6 plus ERA…
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:08 AM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Royals getting hot?? They do this every September…. It’s like clockwork

Are we really excited for MacArthur?? A guy who has a 6 plus ERA…
Royals have been looking good for much longer than the month of September. Clearly you're pretty ignorant about the Royals.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:20 PM 09-23-2023
While not entirely realistic...

We've seen 11 Cole Ragans starts in a Royals uniform. Project out his numbers to a full season and you get 196 IP, 243 K's and a 15-3 record to go with his 2.34 ERA and an 8.1 WAR.

That's Cy Young Award territory.
[Reply]
Page 295 of 333
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305 > Last »
Up