View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 295 of 343
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 09:36 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's one real playoff team that doesn't have a credible speed rusher at DE who can at least be used on a rotational basis.

Unfortunately Orlando plays for that team.
Yep I see a lot of Blake bell on the left side of the line in the coming weeks to help out.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:21 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Now do they have a chart for when he goes up against real edge rushers? Might want to check the Natti game.
It’s a 2 fold problem in my view of it. Allegreti can’t move like Thuney can and Thuney was out for the bengals game. With Thuney out there, Orlando doesn’t have to worry as much about inside moves and can kick step and slide to focus on protecting the edge with more focus…without that luxury, Orlando’s poor footwork is exposed.

I also think TH has the edge on Orlando mentally and seems to own him in a similar fashion to how Harrison owned Fisher, but with the opposite skill set of speed versus power.

I think Orlando has improved quite a bit, but the feet definitely give me serious questions about his ultimate upside in this offense.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:23 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
Yep I see a lot of Blake bell on the left side of the line in the coming weeks to help out.
No. He will be on the right side so they can slide protections to the left.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:16 AM 12-22-2022
Lets look at PFF ratings for the LT position of starters per espn depth chart

Trent Williams 95
Christian Darrisaw 89
Tristan Wirfs 87
Andrew Thomas 87
Davis Bakhtiari 82
Kolton Miller 82
Laremy Tunsil 81
Terron Armstead 79
Charles Leno Jr 76
Ronnie Stanley 75
Jordan Mailata 75
Josh Jones 74
Braxton Jones 74
Taylor Decker 73
Orlando Brown Jr 73
Dion Dawkins 72
Ty Nsekhe 72
Jamaree Salyer 71
Bernhard Raimann 70
Tyler Smith 69
Trent Brown 66
Ikem Ekwanu 65
Calvin Anderson 65
James Hurst 65
Jedrick Willis Jr 64
Charles Cross 62
Jonah Williams 62
Dan Moore Jr 61
Duane Brown 58
Dennis Daly 50
Walker Little 42

Its possible I missed somebody in here as I had to look up each player singlely but, and I cant believe Im saying this, but perhaps people are saying Brown is playing worse this year than he actually is. According to PFF he's barely been worse than last year. I mean, I was not impressed with him last year or at least enough to pay him what he wanted but he's having arguably the same year. Hes the 15th best tackle in the league per pff. Just doesn't mean he deserves even half of what hes looking for. Hes lucky we tagged him and hes getting paid what he is right now.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:28 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
L

Its possible I missed somebody in here as I had to look up each player singlely but, and I cant believe Im saying this, but perhaps people are saying Brown is playing worse this year than he actually is. According to PFF he's barely been worse than last year. I mean, I was not impressed with him last year or at least enough to pay him what he wanted but he's having arguably the same year. Hes the 15th best tackle in the league per pff. Just doesn't mean he deserves even half of what hes looking for. Hes lucky we tagged him and hes getting paid what he is right now.
Yeah, this is about right. He's average. But even more than that, he's kind of specifically not a great fit for an offense with a QB that wants to take deep drops and throw 70% of the time.

And even more than THAT, he wants to re-set the market as the highest paid LT in history.

And even more than THAT, he waited until the last minute to hire an agent even though he could have done so many months before, and when he did, he hired a completely inexperienced newb, and then thought he could force the team's hand and make them give in to his demands.

I hope so hard that some team out there like Tennessee sees him as a perfect fit and wants to pay him what he wants, so we can tag and trade and get a nice 2nd rounder or something for him.

I don't want him back. We can do mediocre and pay for mediocre. I don't want to pay premium for mediocre.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah, this is about right. He's average. But even more than that, he's kind of specifically not a great fit for an offense with a QB that wants to take deep drops and throw 70% of the time.
That's easily the biggest problem.

We can get a 'worse' LT in here who actually fits this offense better. On balance, OBJ is a solid tackle - he's just not the right fit here.

I've spent nearly two years now waiting for him to develop into a Jason Peters sort of oversized LT who can use technique and size to remain strong in pass pro. It's just not happening.

And at this point there's just no reason to believe it will. He has strengths - they just don't dovetail with our offensive philosophy.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:37 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's easily the biggest problem.

We can get a 'worse' LT in here who actually fits this offense better. On balance, OBJ is a solid tackle - he's just not the right fit here.

I've spent nearly two years now waiting for him to develop into a Jason Peters sort of oversized LT who can use technique and size to remain strong in pass pro. It's just not happening.

And at this point there's just no reason to believe it will. He has strengths - they just don't dovetail with our offensive philosophy.
Yep all of this. We have repeated it in this thread at nauseam. It appears Burt Peach is on the same page so no worries but paying this guy even near what he wants would be crippling to this franchise.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:58 PM 12-22-2022
How in the hello did he make the Pro Bowl being a middling LT?
He couldnt have got much in the fan vote
Im perplexed by this
Maybe the Chiefs are behind the scenes trying to drive up his value for a trade?
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:02 PM 12-22-2022
I'd feel a lot better if he didn't shit the bed in the Cincy game, the one game the team had circled all year as our regular season Superbowl basically.

He sucked. More than that he sucked the worst in the biggest moments at the end of the game - vs. not exactly generational talent pass rushers.

When you can't count on your LT to hold for more than a second vs. a 3-man rush with chip help on the outside, that really opens up a lot that the opponent's defense can do.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:35 PM 12-22-2022
Lets look at PFF ratings for the LT position of starters per espn depth chart

Are these overall ratings or specifically pass-blocking ratings? If they are overall, I'd be interested in the pass blocking if you or someone has a subscription.

I don't especially love PFF but at least it's something that may corroborate what a lot of us see.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:43 PM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Are these overall ratings or specifically pass-blocking ratings? If they are overall, I'd be interested in the pass blocking if you or someone has a subscription.

I don't especially love PFF but at least it's something that may corroborate what a lot of us see.
Overall yeah, but if he's 15th then Im guessing hes something like 10th in run blocking and 20th in pass blocking. Something like that..because he certainly is a better run blocker than anything.

I dont have a subscription, had to look at each overall grade individually.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:52 PM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think many here undervalue Orlando’s value on the open market.
Well it doesn't really matter so much what Orlando's value on the open market is if Mr. Vurt Beach thinks there isn't value with the KC market.

Or rather, it probably does in the sense that Brown knows he can get a much bigger paycheck by leaving.

This is why I've been pretty much convinced he's gone.

Would I be shocked to see him back. No, not shocked. But say mildly surprised.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:23 PM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

And even more than THAT, he wants to re-set the market as the highest paid LT in history.

And even more than THAT, he waited until the last minute to hire an agent even though he could have done so many months before, and when he did, he hired a completely inexperienced newb, and then thought he could force the team's hand and make them give in to his demands.

I hope so hard that some team out there like Tennessee sees him as a perfect fit and wants to pay him what he wants, so we can tag and trade and get a nice 2nd rounder or something for him.

I don't want him back. We can do mediocre and pay for mediocre. I don't want to pay premium for mediocre.
I wonder if this scenario is realistic though. I guess if KC worked out something ahead of time it’s possible. Outside of that I don’t see him signing the tag a second time and since the market is very small for a LT like him there won’t be many bidders. A team could call KCs bluff if they tried that. If I am Tennessee I would not give up any picks for him as it will be clear to me that he doesn’t fit into KCs plans beyond 2023 if they tag him a second time vs a long term contract. Also not sure KC wants to commit that kind of money for one year for a guy they don’t want. KC’s best option might be to just let him walk.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:53 PM 12-22-2022
I am glad OBJ got selected to the Pro Bowl. That will inflate his ego and trading value we can get for him:-)

Err, not sure in his current structure, we could get draft picks per se. But the jist is still the same.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:26 PM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
their minds

dumb****
Ohhh good one you got me. I'm just your friendly neighborhood retard, don't mind me.
[Reply]
Page 295 of 343
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305 > Last »
Up