ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 295 of 488
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305345395 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
JPH83 03:33 PM 03-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think people need to give up on this notion that a WR has to be taken this year in the first round….or that we have to trade up for one. We aren’t replacing Hill. It’s not possible. What they CAN do is find the guy that they think best fits what they’re looking for this year and beyond…and then draft him.

Hill wasn’t a 1st round pick when we drafted him. They’ve got guys that can play the WR position effectively. It may not have been guys that most people wanted but Veach and Reid have a plan for the offense.
I don't think anyone expects a like-for-like replacement. We just can't afford a massive drop off at WR. We all THINK Mahomes can drag a mediocre WR group along, but I'm not sure I want to test it to destruction. We can move up and stll get a lot of quality at DE and DT
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:35 PM 03-26-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't think anyone expects a like-for-like replacement. We just can't afford a massive drop off at WR. We all THINK Mahomes can drag a mediocre WR group along, but I'm not sure I want to test it to destruction. We can move up and stll get a lot of quality at DE and DT
Add a rookie at the end of the first round or at the top of the 2nd and there isn’t a major drop off of talent at WR.

Trading basically all of the value we got for Hill to get one rookie WR isn’t a smart move.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:39 PM 03-26-2022
Our top 3 WR's last year combined for exactly 2500 yards.

You're telling me you don't think Hardman, MVS and Juju can't match that, or at least come close?

And we're not done at WR.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:41 PM 03-26-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I will guarantee that we will be 1200 yards 80rec and 9 TD out of JuJu and MVS and probably much more than that.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:52 PM 03-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I will guarantee that we will be 1200 yards 80rec and 9 TD out of JuJu and MVS and probably much more than that.
I would imagine that is the floor and the minimum expectation.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:59 PM 03-26-2022
Which position group looks more in need of talent?

WR: Juju, MVS, Hardman, Gordon, Fountain and Coleman

Or

DE: Clark, Kaindoh, Danna, Herring
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:00 PM 03-26-2022

Or

That DE group is way below the poverty line.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:04 PM 03-26-2022

Or

No disagreement there. I'll honestly be fine with either DE or WR as the top pick (maybe DT if Wyatt). My main concern with WR is still beyond this year, because we're going through this same song and dance in 2023 with only MVS under contract and Kelce a year older.

DE is equally as bad, so if we trade up into the teens for an elite DE talent I'll be more than pleased. Or if they just find a way to stay where they're at and make it work then that's fine too. At least we finally have the draft resources we haven't had in seemingly forever.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:13 PM 03-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
No disagreement there. I'll honestly be fine with either DE or WR as the top pick (maybe DT if Wyatt). My main concern with WR is still beyond this year, because we're going through this same song and dance in 2023 with only MVS under contract and Kelce a year older.

DE is equally as bad, so if we trade up into the teens for an elite DE talent I'll be more than pleased. Or if they just find a way to stay where they're at and make it work then that's fine too. At least we finally have the draft resources we haven't had in seemingly forever.
Grab a WR at 29 or 30 and then another one in the 3rd or 4th round if you want. We’ll also have FA next year where we’ll have more money and another draft to continue adding youth to the position.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:13 PM 03-26-2022
Tyreek is a superstar...clearly. If we grab one of top 5 receivers (Wilson, London, Williams, Olave, Burks) in the first round is there truly that much of a dropoff?

Hill
Pringle
Robinson

Rookie WR
Smith-Schuster
Valdes-Scantling

I dont think so. We will have threats across the board to pair with Kelce. Not to mention Mahomes is going to have a giant freaking chip on his shoulder.

If Kirk Cousins can turn #22 pick Justin Jefferson into an absolute superstar I have faith Patrick Mahomes can turn #29 or #30 into a superstar. Far from a gaurantee but if happens we win the Hill trade by a damn country mile!
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:16 PM 03-26-2022
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Tyreek is a superstar...clearly. If we grab one of top 5 receivers (Wilson, London, Williams, Olave, Burks) in the first round is there truly that much of a dropoff?

Hill
Pringle
Robinson

Rookie WR
Smith-Schuster
Valdes-Scantling

I dont think so. We will have threats across the board to pair with Kelce. Not to mention Mahomes is going to have a giant freaking chip on his shoulder.
I almost wish KC would take this opportunity with the state of the current OL and run the ball a bit more. Maybe I'll get blasted for suggesting taking the ball out of Mahomes' hands, but at least from time to time I'd love to see the run game utilized more as well as play action become more of an option. I very seriously doubt that happens under Reid, but it could help to offset some of the dropoff in the passing game.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:17 PM 03-26-2022
If it meant getting rid of the RPO completely, I'd be all for it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:18 PM 03-26-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
If it meant getting rid of the RPO completely, I'd be all for it.
God yes.
[Reply]
ARROW2 04:20 PM 03-26-2022
There will be no drop off in the passing game.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:33 PM 03-26-2022

Or

Definitely DE. We don’t have a DE on the roster that would start on any other AFCW team right now.
[Reply]
Page 295 of 488
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305345395 > Last »
Up