ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 294 of 324
« First < 194244284290291292293294 295296297298304 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:05 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I really hope they sign a legit alpha WR1 if there is one available (like Pittman) and draft a WR early.

If there's not a true alpha available in FA, I hope they just skip FA all together and draft two guys and develop them.

I think the worst thing we could do is bring in a half measure like Mooney/Hollywood/Etc. We don't need more WR2/3 guys. We have a ****ton of them.
No, see, that's the problem. We don't have a shit ton of WR2/3 guys, we have a room full of guys that were expected to develop into WR2/3 guys, and instead they're practice squad guys. If we had a bunch of WR2/3 guys, we'd probably be undefeated.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:10 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No, see, that's the problem. We don't have a shit ton of WR2/3 guys, we have a room full of guys that were expected to develop into WR2/3 guys, and instead they're practice squad guys. If we had a bunch of WR2/3 guys, we'd probably be undefeated.
That story isn't told just yet, IMO.

Hardman and James are both capable of being 3's, and I think things play out differently if not for their injuries.

We're quick to write off Moore, but I'd be shocked if the team did. You usually see a big jump from 3rd year WR's - and if we don't, then see ya.

They aren't giving up on Toney either.

I guess I don't get this fascination with guys like Mooney who are nothing more than what we have from a talent perspective.

Go out and get a WR1 to pair with Rice, draft another, and then you can let the rest battle for the scraps.

Difference makers or bust.

The idea of one middle class vet with upside, one high pick, one bargain vet is what got us in this mess to begin with. (MVS, Moore, Toney/Hardman/James)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:20 AM 12-13-2023
That story isn't told just yet, IMO.

Hardman and James are both capable of being 3's, and I think things play out differently if not for their injuries.

We're quick to write off Moore, but I'd be shocked if the team did. You usually see a big jump from 3rd year WR's - and if we don't, then see ya.

They aren't giving up on Toney either.

I guess I don't get this fascination with guys like Mooney who are nothing more than what we have from a talent perspective.

Go out and get a WR1 to pair with Rice, draft another, and then you can let the rest battle for the scraps.

Difference makers or bust.

The idea of one middle class vet with upside, one high pick, one bargain vet is what got us in this mess to begin with. (MVS, Moore, Toney/Hardman/James)
Mooney is a sub 4.4 WR, with experience in this system, that had a 80 catches for 1000 yard season in year two in Chicago, in 2021 under Nagy. He's still 26 years old. We don't have a guy that's done more than half of that in any one season on the roster.

The last two seasons have been a dumpster fire in Chicago. There's good reason to think he'd be a productive player here with much better QB play.

MVS was a particular skill-set that had value, but has never been a well rounded receiver. If he could simply catch the ball at his career rate, that would still be true. But it ain't. So fuck that guy.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:36 AM 12-13-2023
Mooney is a sub 4.4 WR, with experience in this system, that had a 80 catches for 1000 yard season in year two in Chicago, in 2021 under Nagy. He's still 26 years old. We don't have a guy that's done more than half of that in any one season on the roster.

The last two seasons have been a dumpster fire in Chicago. There's good reason to think he'd be a productive player here with much better QB play.

MVS was a particular skill-set that had value, but has never been a well rounded receiver. If he could simply catch the ball at his career rate, that would still be true. But it ain't. So fuck that guy.
There is?

I mean, are we really gonna blame QB play when DJ Moore is having a pretty damn good season there?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:41 AM 12-13-2023
There is?

I mean, are we really gonna blame QB play when DJ Moore is having a pretty damn good season there?
You really think Fields is getting through his progressions? I don't. DJ Moore is a good player. He's not going to be available.

Mooney's had a 1000 yard season in THIS offense. He's still young. He can probably be had on a reasonable deal. That's a no brainer, sorry.

If you're thinking they're going to break the bank on an all-pro WR, you're still barking up the wrong tree. Half of the defense is up for free agency.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:43 AM 12-13-2023
You really think Fields is getting through his progressions? I don't. DJ Moore is a good player. He's not going to be available.

Mooney's had a 1000 yard season in THIS offense. He's still young. He can probably be had on a reasonable deal. That's a no brainer, sorry.

If you're thinking they're going to break the bank on an all-pro WR, you're still barking up the wrong tree. Half of the defense is up for free agency.
They should with CJ's money - but if they don't, I'd rather they just draft and develop than waste resources on question marks - because that hasn't worked the last few times we've tried it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:44 AM 12-13-2023
Also-

did you know that Marquis Brown and Darnell Mooney have exactly the same number of 1,000 yard seasons?

and that they have the same ypc season high of 13.3? And that they're the same age?

so yeah, I'd buy low on Mooney.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:45 AM 12-13-2023
They should with CJ's money - but if they don't, I'd rather they just draft and develop than waste resources on question marks - because that hasn't worked the last few times we've tried it.
That's false. Worked well enough with Juju that we won the Super Bowl and had the #1 offense in football by just about every measurement.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:47 AM 12-13-2023
And I'm 100% in on drafting and developing, always have been.

Just because this group all shit the bed simultaneously doesn't mean it wasn't the right strategy.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:52 AM 12-13-2023
That's false. Worked well enough with Juju that we won the Super Bowl and had the #1 offense in football by just about every measurement.
And it hasn't worked with Toney, James, or outside the AFCCG, MVS.

So we're 1/4?

Cool.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:54 AM 12-13-2023
Also-

did you know that Marquis Brown and Darnell Mooney have exactly the same number of 1,000 yard seasons?

and that they have the same ypc season high of 13.3? And that they're the same age?

so yeah, I'd buy low on Mooney.
There's another guy I want no part of.

I'm tired of slapdicks. Kelce isn't going to be around forever, so it's time to find that alpha WR1 to pair with Rice and quit fucking around with fucking C players.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:10 AM 12-13-2023
There's another guy I want no part of.

I'm tired of slapdicks. Kelce isn't going to be around forever, so it's time to find that alpha WR1 to pair with Rice and quit ****ing around with ****ing C players.
This is a silly argument. You don't go into the season with Rice and nothing else.

Obviously you draft a guy high, but you always want at least one vet that's shown something and has some upside.

This is a stupid argument.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:15 AM 12-13-2023
This is a silly argument. You don't go into the season with Rice and nothing else.

Obviously you draft a guy high, but you always want at least one vet that's shown something and has some upside.

I hate to break this to you, but they aren't giving up on Moore, Toney, James and probably Hardman.

Which is why if you go out and get a difference maker in FA and draft a WR high, they'd be just fine. They are all fine supplementary pieces (well, maybe not Moore) behind Kelce, Rice and a couple of legit WR1/2's.

James and Hardman are those vets that have shown something and have upside. What we're missing is the alpha. We don't need more JAGs

I really do no understand the fascination with guys like Mooney and Hollywood - it's nothing more than BRRRRRRR guy go fast. They aren't WR1's, not even close.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:20 AM 12-13-2023
I hate to break this to you, but they aren't giving up on Moore, Toney, James and probably Hardman.

Which is why if you go out and get a difference maker in FA and draft a WR high, they'd be just fine.

James and Hardman are those vets that have shown something and have upside. What we're missing is the alpha. We don't need more JAGs

I really do no understand the fascination with guys like Mooney and Hollywood - it's nothing more than BRRRRRRR guy go fast. They aren't WR1's, not even close.
Kinda depends on if Hardman and James decide to come back. James was on a one year deal and was already asking to be traded before we activated him off of IR. Hardman was a one year deal as well and they may not bring him back because he can't stay healthy. You're correct with Moore and Toney though. They'll be back.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:25 AM 12-13-2023

Like we did this season….
[Reply]
Page 294 of 324
« First < 194244284290291292293294 295296297298304 > Last »
Up