View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 294 of 343
« First < 194244284290291292293294 295296297298304 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:39 PM 12-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This guy sucked so bad, he should be released.

He’s not getting paid.

We will spend all our draft capital to move up and take a LT despite an obvious need to upgrade the defense.

Now, he gets a Pro Bowl nod.

It seems to me that this board doesn’t know how to evaluate LT’s.
I don't claim any special skill in evaluating LT's.

But KC couldn't come to terms with him last off-season and I'm guessing they don't come to terms this spring either.

It will be interesting to find out in 2023, who he is playing for, KC or somebody else and for how much.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:47 PM 12-21-2022
Orlando has definitely showed improvement as a pass blocker over the year.

Orlando gave up 30 of his 43 pressures in the first 8 games. In the last 6 games, has given up 13…4 of those against Cincy.

His pass block grades are pretty good the last 8 games with that Bengals game looking like a possible outlier.

He needs to play better, but I think they can also help him out by checking to a run against a 3 man line more to help him wear out the speed guys that give him fits.
Attached: A17276FC-F17E-4395-9570-2D3B482586F3.jpg (43.0 KB) 
[Reply]
BossChief 11:48 PM 12-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I don't claim any special skill in evaluating LT's.

But KC couldn't come to terms with him last off-season and I'm guessing they don't come to terms this spring either.

It will be interesting to find out in 2023, who he is playing for, KC or somebody else and for how much.
I think many here undervalue Orlando’s value on the open market.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:52 PM 12-21-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Orlando gave up 30 of his 43 pressures in the first 8 games. In the last 6 games, has given up 13…4 of those against Cincy.

His pass block grades are pretty good the last 8 games with that Bengals game looking like a possible outlier.

He needs to play better, but I think they can also help him out by checking to a run against a 3 man line more to help him wear out the speed guys that give him fits.
Don't bother with the people in here. They've already made up there minds.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:43 AM 12-22-2022
I certainly have. Get him off the team. The only reason anyone thinks he’s good is because Mahomes is Houdini.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:02 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This guy sucked so bad, he should be released.

He’s not getting paid.

We will spend all our draft capital to move up and take a LT despite an obvious need to upgrade the defense.

Now, he gets a Pro Bowl nod.

It seems to me that this board doesn’t know how to evaluate LT’s.
Do you really think OBJ is a top 2 LT in the AFC? Maybe that Pro Bowl nod is some epic bullshit because the Pro Bowl itself is epic bullshit?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:47 AM 12-22-2022

:-) The Bengals game isn't an outlier. They're the only team we played in this last stretch of games that had actual game changing talent at EDGE that wasn't on the shelf.
[Reply]
Bump 05:40 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I certainly have. Get him off the team. The only reason anyone thinks he’s good is because Mahomes is Houdini.
guaranteed OBJ made the probowl because Mahomes is pretty low on the QBs who have been sacked the most list (mainly due to Mahomes' elite sack evading abilities and good play from the interior line). Guaranteed the people who decide the pro bowls were like "well Mahomes has only been sacked 23 times or whatever, who's the left tackle? oh it's Orlando Brown Jr, I've heard of him I remember his pop! Must be good, put him in there."
[Reply]
TEX 05:44 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No doubt you have, no matter what your eyes tell you.
[Reply]
TEX 05:46 AM 12-22-2022

Now do they have a chart for when he goes up against real edge rushers? Might want to check the Natti game.
[Reply]
chop 08:21 AM 12-22-2022

Has he gotten better or have the Chiefs had to make adjustments to the way they run the offense to help him?
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 09:01 AM 12-22-2022
With Orlando it’s all matchup based. Bigger bull rushers he seems to do better with. The problem is when we face a team with a speed end rusher, he doesn’t have the quickness. Could we do worse than him? Yes. But we could also do better. We just have to hope we don’t face quick ends in the playoffs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by chop:
Has he gotten better or have the Chiefs had to make adjustments to the way they run the offense to help him?
I said it is some draft thread but the Chiefs are giving OBJ a lot of help now.

Which kinda suggests they're giving up on him as an 'island' OT. And frankly, that's probably a good thing.

They keep sending Clark out there asking him to be some sort of difference maker at DE and THAT'S why they made the wrong-headed decision to retain him instead of move on. They simply have a blind spot for Clark.

They don't appear to have that blind spot with OBJ. The staff recognizes that he's not a guy who can give you even what Fisher was giving us in pass pro. And since they clearly know that, I'm guessing they don't bring him back.

He's just not a guy who's earned what he's asking for.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
With Orlando it’s all matchup based. Bigger bull rushers he seems to do better with. The problem is when we face a team with a speed end rusher, he doesn’t have the quickness. Could we do worse than him? Yes. But we could also do better. We just have to hope we don’t face quick ends in the playoffs.
There's one real playoff team that doesn't have a credible speed rusher at DE who can at least be used on a rotational basis.

Unfortunately Orlando plays for that team.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:14 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
their minds

dumbfuck
[Reply]
Page 294 of 343
« First < 194244284290291292293294 295296297298304 > Last »
Up