ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 292 of 333
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
myselff77 09:46 AM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He's not turning into a pumpkin. This team has had several positives. You acting like Ragans turning to shit would someone be a good thing just shows just how stupid you are. ****in tard.
My current expectation is for Ragans to follow a Royal career arc similar to Brad Keller. It'd be nice to be wrong.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:04 AM 09-19-2023
Also Tampa is building a new stadium, so now Sherman does hold all of the cards as far as getting a new stadium. If he doesn't get one I would expect him to try and use Montreal or Nashville to get that new stadium.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:27 PM 09-19-2023
The Padres shit the bed but, Damn, that would have been a fun team to watch this season...Its only money...cant take it with you
[Reply]
tk13 07:28 PM 09-19-2023
:-) Mike Sweeney making fun of Brady Anderson for steroids on the broadcast.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:36 PM 09-19-2023

Gene Watson, #Royals VP of Major League Scouting/Assistant GM is reportedly leaving the organization to work for Chris Getz in Chicago.

— Preston Farr (@royalsminors) September 20, 2023

[Reply]
poolboy 07:50 PM 09-19-2023
Love me some Hud but Sweeney is damn good
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:53 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Love me some Hud but Sweeney is damn good
I like Guthrie better than Sweeney. I've assumed all year that they've been auditioning to take Hud's spot on TV next season but I kind of hope they all work a split schedule.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:27 PM 09-19-2023
James McArthur comes in with runners on 2nd and 3rd and strikes out the side. He has been nails in September
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:42 PM 09-19-2023
And that would be 3 straight series wins
[Reply]
BWillie 09:35 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:
My current expectation is for Ragans to follow a Royal career arc similar to Brad Keller. It'd be nice to be wrong.
They are the exact opposite type if pitches man
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:02 AM 09-20-2023
Yeah, it's clear that some of you don't know what you're talking about. Ragans is legit. Brad never came close to being as good as Ragans is. Ragans is 10x the pitcher Keller ever was. Ragans is an absolute beast power pitcher that throws 99 mph for his last pitch of the game.
[Reply]
myselff77 07:26 AM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
They are the exact opposite type if pitches man
You do not understand the difference between career arc and type of pitcher?
Let me be a little more specific. I am afraid that Ragans will follow the same Royals career arc as Brad Keller in that he was acquired with low expectations, he showed some success, fans got excited that KC "fixed" him, believed we had a true #1 starter, he then did not maintain those expectations, he then gets hurt/flames out... the end.

As I said, it would be nice to be wrong, and perhaps I shouldn't be as pessimistic with the coaching changes in the organization. However... Royals. We can revisit this in 2-3 years.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:43 AM 09-20-2023
you do not understand the difference between career arc and type of pitcher?
Let me be a little more specific. I am afraid that Ragans will follow the same Royals career arc as Brad Keller in that he was acquired with low expectations, he showed some success, fans got excited that KC "fixed" him, believed we had a true #1 starter, he then does did not maintain those expectations, he then gets hurt/flames out... the end.

As I said, it would be nice to be wrong, and perhaps I shouldn't be as pessimistic with the coaching changes in the organization. However... Royals. We can revisit this in 2-3 years.
And i believe this where it is being explained that Keller is a spot/gimmick pitcher without overpowering "stuff" he can rely on. They are apples and oranges comparisons. You are comparing using a bird's eye view, which could be valid until it's broken down and realize the same struggles of keller would be different than ragans. Keller is working with a swiss army knife, and Ragans has a toolset he acquired from harbor freight. So even when Ragans does struggle in the future, and he will, he has a much better chance to recover.
[Reply]
myselff77 09:07 AM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Can the Royals reshuffle the front office enough to make this attractive to Chaim Bloom? If Sherman doesn't want to part ways with JJ yet, get creative and have both reporting directly to him.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:13 AM 09-20-2023

pic.twitter.com/30lOd5gc7m

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) September 20, 2023

[Reply]
Page 292 of 333
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302 > Last »
Up