View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 292 of 343
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302342 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:08 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well it ain't gonna be much of a downgrade either.
I was in favor of paying him, but my mind has pretty much changed.

I don’t see a replacement being much worse, but would be cheaper. If we get similar production for cheaper, then it’s much easier to swallow.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:17 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I have zero issue with letting him walk. But I'd love to know who folks think we're going to get in the draft that will be an upgrade.
Before the season, I would have said they'd need to be drafting in the top 15 or so and landing someone of the quality of Rashawn Slater.

With the way Brown has played this year and how uneven and inconsistent he has been, that view changes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:17 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I was in favor of paying him, but my mind has pretty much changed.

I don’t see a replacement being much worse, but would be cheaper. If we get similar production for cheaper, then it’s much easier to swallow.
This.

Draft your new guy. Take the money you're saving on Brown and devote it to someone like Andre Dillard and a RT upgrade. Profit.
[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This.

Draft your new guy. Take the money you're saving on Brown and devote it to someone like Andre Dillard and a RT upgrade. Profit.
I'd go sign Dillard and just let him play LT. If someone fell in the draft, sure take them.

But other than that, let Dillard give it a go.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:32 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Yep. You could make the argument that we don't NEED a good LT (though I'd worry about mahomes safety). Get a dline and we can actually stop the other team or force more ints
No doubt that would help a ton. We would still need a LT that is better than Brown. Regardless of how much we want KC to run more, the reality is that Reid is what he is and with Mahomes it’s always going to be a very pass happy team. As such he needs his blind side blocked.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:38 AM 12-20-2022
This.

Will he be available for KC?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:40 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd go sign Dillard and just let him play LT. If someone fell in the draft, sure take them.

But other than that, let Dillard give it a go.
It depends on how much I spend on Dillard. But the idea here wouldn't necessarily be trading up for a guy, but more taking a guy in the 2nd or 3rd who fits your system/needs and can be developed (ie Anton Harrison or Zion Nelson) and having some insurance there.

Meanwhile, I spend at RT to at least solidify that side of the line.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:41 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
As much as people want us to take a tackle rd 1 I think I’d still take a pass rusher. You can find a decent RT that is better than Wylie in rd 2.
I would rather go LT if KC can’t nab one in FA. I would look to upgrade DE in either FA or the draft. Same with RT. To me LT is more important because Mahomes can and has overcome poor defenses. Zero chance our defense could do the same if Mahomes goes down. I would prefer to protect Patrick with a young stud LT first and then worry about the rest after that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:42 AM 12-20-2022
This.

If we solve one of the two tackles and get cheaper overall without significantly downgrading the other tackle, then that’s a huge win.

We’re already an incredible offense with an expensive below average tackle and a cheap piece of shit.

If we can get a cheap average tackle and a fairly priced good tackle, then we will come out way ahead.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:09 PM 12-20-2022
It'd be nice to sign another Mitch Schwartz, but we don't really need to, nor should we expect it. That was such a perfect storm of reasonable contract for a top 5 RT in the game.

At this point I'd settle for finding a Mike Remmers-type player
[Reply]
BWillie 12:11 PM 12-20-2022
Whos the fattest guy on Chiefsplanet that can stand? Maybe he can do it for rookie min
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:13 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If we solve one of the two tackles and get cheaper overall without significantly downgrading the other tackle, then that’s a huge win.

We’re already an incredible offense with an expensive below average tackle and a cheap piece of shit.

If we can get a cheap average tackle and a fairly priced good tackle, then we will come out way ahead.
Exercise I'm running on OTP using the calculator:

What does the Chiefs situation look like for 2023 and 2024 if it:

1. Extends Chris Jones (rough number: 4/106M)
2. Extends Juju Smith-Schuster (rough number: 5/95)
3. Signs Andre Dillard (rough number: 2/18)
4. Signs Elgton Jenkins (rough number: 4/60)

That would leave KC with around $33-35M in 2023 before signing the draft class and filling out the roster, and around 52-55M in 2024 before signing the draft class and filling out the roster.

Does this work for KC?

You're looking at fitting 13 more players under the cap in 2023 (so, say, $20M for 7-8 players after the draft and UDFA classes) and about 20 (say you've got 43M after the draft class in 2024), with Sneed and Willie Gay as the noticeable FA eligible guys in 2024. This also assumes you let Hardman and Thornhill and Brown all depart after 2022.

I think that is pretty reasonable. Especially considering that neither Mahomes nor Kelce has had their deals touched in this scenario.

You could PROBABLY even do a 3/45M type contract for a guy like Yannick Ngakuue in this scenario.

And it frees KC up to be flexible about LT and DE in the draft. Doesn't have to chase one spot, necessarily.

QB Mahomes/Buechele
RB Pacheco/CEH/inexpensive FA
WR Smith-Schuster/Valdes-Scantling/Toney/Moore/Ross/rookie
TE Kelce/Gray/Fortson

LT Dillard/Rookie
LG Thuney/inexpensive FA (I'd bring back Allegretti)
C Humphrey/inexpensive FA
RG Smith/inexpensive FA or rookie
RT Jenkins/Niang

DE Ngakoue/Karlaftis/Danna/rookie/inexpensive reclamation project vet
DT Jones/(bring back one of Saunders/Nnadi)/Wharton/rookie/inexpensive vet

LB Bolton, Gay, Chenal, Harris or rookie (maybe try to find a true WLB prospect here)

CB McDuffie/Sneed/Williams/Watson/inexpensive vet or rookie for ST x2
S Reid, Cook, rookie, inexpensive vet like Bush

I think that's pretty workable. With those 1st 3 picks I'm almost assuredly going DE, DT, OT, but there's less pressure on nailing all 3 to remain a real contender in 2023 and beyond.

I think this is the way it has to go.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:23 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It'd be nice to sign another Mitch Schwartz, but we don't really need to, nor should we expect it. That was such a perfect storm of reasonable contract for a top 5 RT in the game.

At this point I'd settle for finding a Mike Remmers-type player
When your tackles are making you yearn for the days of Mike Remmers, it means it's not going to take too much to upgrade from them. Hard to believe we've gotten to that point.

The fact that Mahomes is doing what he is with the garbage tackles we have is possibly even more amazing than the fact he's doing it without Tyreek. It's really just remarkable.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:25 PM 12-20-2022
It’s a real shame Niang can’t stay healthy because there’s a good chance he’s better than Orlando as a LT. Just can’t depend on him.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 12:28 PM 12-20-2022
Maybe if we can draft or sign a stud RT it could help retaining brown be more palatable. The problem is with both sides being so bad Mahomes has nowhere to go. I’m in favor of moving on from brown but man the options are thin.
[Reply]
Page 292 of 343
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302342 > Last »
Up