ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 292 of 335
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:18 AM 07-05-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Who the fuck is Danny?
Evidently, 'Jamie's' future wife. Area is Maid of Honor, and Tearyon is ring bearer.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:22 AM 07-05-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Evidently, 'Jamie's' future wife. Area is Maid of Honor, and Tearyon is ring bearer.

:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:31 AM 07-05-2016

[Reply]
vailpass 04:08 PM 07-05-2016
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:56 PM 07-05-2016
Lady Mormont spin off FTW!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:23 AM 07-06-2016
I love these narrative summations nearly as much as I love the show itself. With such a sprawling saga, it's easy to forget the little notes that make up the symphony of a character's narrative arc.

I don't think Tyrion will ever be more than a Hand, but I'm fully invested in Danerys and Jon coming to an agreement, romantic, incestual or otherwise.

Dany has proven greatness through 'miracles,' dragons and fire are hard to downplay as motivators for divine right.

Jon has proven greatness through moral rectitude, and a singular miracle of his own [though not of his doing].
[Reply]
Setsuna 02:50 AM 07-06-2016
Welp watched all of recent season. I like it except the fact that Littledouche is telling Sansa about her ruling Winterfell when Jon freaking said it not even 2 scenes before it. It's utter stupidity. Also the Tower of Joy reveal was masterfully done. The son of Rhaegar as we all knew he was. Although people might nor remember that Rhaegar and Lyanna were together up until he left to fight, they might not realize he's the son of Rhaegar.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 06:02 AM 07-06-2016
Started re-watching; just saw something I didn't remember seeing or reading about. Season 2 episode 8. Right before Aryia names Jaqen H'gar as her third name to get him to kill several more than one person.

In the North, at the fist of the first men. Sam, Edd, and Grenn find a bag of dragon glass under the snow. With it was a horn. Have we seen this horn again? I don't remember.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 06:06 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
The son of Rhaegar as we all knew he was. Although people might nor remember that Rhaegar and Lyanna were together up until he left to fight, they might not realize he's the son of Rhaegar.
They should, she and the child (snow) were protected by Kingsguard, wearing armor with dragon markings.......
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:28 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Started re-watching; just saw something I didn't remember seeing or reading about. Season 2 episode 8. Right before Aryia names Jaqen H'gar as her third name to get him to kill several more than one person.

In the North, at the fist of the first men. Sam, Edd, and Grenn find a bag of dragon glass under the snow. With it was a horn. Have we seen this horn again? I don't remember.

In the show, I don't believe so. It looks like they're going to use Bran's Night King marking to allow the Walkers through the Wall.

But in the books, Martin seems to have gone out of his way to mention that Sam still has it on two or three occasions. It's almost certainly a Chekov's gun situation.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:48 AM 07-06-2016
Ok, I'm fairly certain now that Dany will never be the "good " Queen of the five kingdoms.

Martin doesn't write that way. He doesn't want predictable. He doesn't allow characters to get what they want.

The biggest and really only motivation Dany has had is to retake the throne, this attitude that I deserve to rule, yadda yadda.

I don't see Rest and Relaxation Martin changing his tune on how he likes to construct narrative arcs to allow the blonde, beautiful "good guy" to come in a save the day. That's against what Martin has said he wants to do.

I'm not seeing a happy, live long marriage between Jon and Danny. That's not Martin.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:03 AM 07-06-2016
This is a really fun trailer.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:22 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
This is a really fun trailer.
It's fairly clever. Can't say it is as good as GoT or Suicide Squad are on their own.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:32 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Welp watched all of recent season. I like it except the fact that Littledouche is telling Sansa about her ruling Winterfell when Jon freaking said it not even 2 scenes before it. It's utter stupidity. Also the Tower of Joy reveal was masterfully done. The son of Rhaegar as we all knew he was. Although people might nor remember that Rhaegar and Lyanna were together up until he left to fight, they might not realize he's the son of Rhaegar.
No one knows in the show that R+L=J do they?

And how do you prove to everyone that Jon is the son of Rhagar? Did Ned leave some secret document in the crypts?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Ok, I'm fairly certain now that Dany will never be the "good " Queen of the five kingdoms.

Martin doesn't write that way. He doesn't want predictable. He doesn't allow characters to get what they want.

The biggest and really only motivation Dany has had is to retake the throne, this attitude that I deserve to rule, yadda yadda.

I don't see Rest and Relaxation Martin changing his tune on how he likes to construct narrative arcs to allow the blonde, beautiful "good guy" to come in a save the day. That's against what Martin has said he wants to do.

I'm not seeing a happy, live long marriage between Jon and Danny. That's not Martin.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards Danerys dying because thats what GRMM would typically do. He has said its a bittersweet ending. Danerys dying and Jon sitting on the Iron throne with Tyrion as hand seems the bittersweet ending GRMM would write.
[Reply]
Page 292 of 335
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302 > Last »
Up