ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 291 of 335
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:45 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
So you missed the scene where she met Tyrion and said "if you are a Lannister why shouldn't I kill you?" She only accepted him because he's "the biggest Lannister killer of them all". You realize Tyrion is also an enemy to the Lannisters, right?

Your simple mind just can't grasp facts or common sense.
Fuck! You're right:

Danerys Targaryen: "If you are Tyrion Lannister, why shouldn't I kill you to pay your family back for what it did to mine?"

Tyrion Lannister: "You want revenge against the Lannisters? I killed my mother Joanna Lannister on the day I was born. I killed my father Tywin Lannister with a bolt to the heart. I am the greatest Lannister killer of our time."

You win. I'm stupid.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:17 PM 07-04-2016
So you missed the scene where she met Tyrion and said "if you are a Lannister why shouldn't I kill you?" She only accepted him because he's "the biggest Lannister killer of them all". You realize Tyrion is also an enemy to the Lannisters, right?

Your simple mind just can't grasp facts or common sense.
She didn't only accept him because he was "the greatest Lannister killer of our time." In fact, immediately after he says that, she implies her disapproval of him killing members of his own family. She accepted him because she was impressed with his counsel.
[Reply]
RustShack 09:17 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Fuck! You're right:

Danerys Targaryen: "If you are Tyrion Lannister, why shouldn't I kill you to pay your family back for what it did to mine?"

Tyrion Lannister: "You want revenge against the Lannisters? I killed my mother Joanna Lannister on the day I was born. I killed my father Tywin Lannister with a bolt to the heart. I am the greatest Lannister killer of our time."

You win. I'm stupid.
Lol. It happens.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:21 PM 07-04-2016
And, by the way, if she had some sort of insurmountable hatred towards House Lannister she wouldn't have asked Tyrion 'Why shouldn't I just kill you?' She would have just killed him. She's capable of accepting a Lannister who shows, by deed, that he isn't loyal only to his house, or name, or kin. Look at how the show has been handling her memory of her father lately. She talked about it with the Greyjoys. She identifies with Asha, who also has a father who was a terrible King, and was killed by someone on the inside; in Asha's case a family member. They bonded over it. Now look at Jamie's reaction to Cersei on the throne. That was a meaningful look. I (and a lot of other people) are seeing a huge possibility of him adding Queenslayer (Kinslayer?) to his name. If Cersei goes full on bat shit crazy (she kind of already is), and Jamie ends up having to kill her, suppose he endorses Dany as Queen Regnant? Either because the deal was cooked up ahead of time or because he honestly has no fucks left to give with Cersei dead by his own hand. That would be enough for her to accept him.
[Reply]
RustShack 09:30 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
And, by the way, if she had some sort of insurmountable hatred towards House Lannister she wouldn't have asked Tyrion 'Why shouldn't I just kill you?' She would have just killed him. She's capable of accepting a Lannister who shows, by deed, that he isn't loyal only to his house, or name, or kin. Look at how the show has been handling her memory of her father lately. She talked about it with the Greyjoys. She identifies with Asha, who also has a father who was a terrible King, and was killed by someone on the inside; in Asha's case a family member. They bonded over it. Now look at Jamie's reaction to Cersei on the throne. That was a meaningful look. I (and a lot of other people) are seeing a huge possibility of him adding Queenslayer (Kinslayer?) to his name. If Cersei goes full on bat shit crazy (she kind of already is), and Jamie ends up having to kill her, suppose he endorses Dany as Queen Regnant? Either because the deal was cooked up ahead of time or because he honestly has no fucks left to give with Cersei dead by his own hand. That would be enough for her to accept him.
Just stop. Asha doesn't accept her uncle for killing her dad. Danny doesn't accept any Lannister other than Tyrion. Jamie isn't going to accept Tyrion. All of Danny's new allies won't accept Jamie.

Honestly do you pay attention to this show?
[Reply]
listopencil 09:35 PM 07-04-2016
Just stop. Asha doesn't accept her uncle for killing her dad.
Yeah, that's not what I said. At all.

Originally Posted by :
Danny doesn't accept any Lannister other than Tyrion. Jamie isn't going to accept Tyrion. All of Danny's new allies won't accept Jamie.
Dany didn't accept Tyrion...until she did. As I said, Jamie killing his sister would change things. And she badly needs to recruit some leadership.

Originally Posted by :
Honestly do you pay attention to this show?
Honestly do you ever pull that stick out of your ass or have you just gotten used to by now?
[Reply]
RustShack 09:38 PM 07-04-2016
I'll bet you a perma ban she doesn't marry him.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:44 PM 07-04-2016
I'll bet you a perma ban she doesn't marry him.
Heh, she doesn't have to marry him. She could send him off with a bunch of Dothraki back to Lannister land to defend it from the Tyrells. If he succeeds then he's a local hero under her command. She needs someone to go fight in Baratheon lands and defend it from the Martells, and she also needs someone to cause trouble in River Run.
[Reply]
RustShack 09:46 PM 07-04-2016
She's going to send him and part of her army to defend it from part of her army? What?
[Reply]
listopencil 09:50 PM 07-04-2016
She's going to send him and part of her army to defend it from part of her army? What?
We don't know exactly what deals are being made by all the parties involved. What benefits her more long term, an expanded house Tyrell or more of a status quo on the Western shore of the South?
[Reply]
RustShack 09:53 PM 07-04-2016
Just stop trying lol
[Reply]
listopencil 09:58 PM 07-04-2016
Just stop trying lol
Look, suppose this happens: Dany's forces invade, Jamie kills Cersei and pledges fealty to her. Old Lady Tyrell makes noise that this would be a great time to rid Westeros of those horrible Lannisters. Dany sends Jamie and a sizable force to Lannister land and Old Lady Tyrell backs off of her plan to invade. In exchange the Tyrells marry back into King's Landing. Like I said, we don't know what deals are being made by what parties. Just that there is an alliance of sorts. The show is off the air for a while. So you can have fun thinking of possibilities or you can go ahead and leave that stick in your ass. Either way, your choice.
[Reply]
RustShack 10:11 PM 07-04-2016
This entire thing was about Jamie and Danny getting married, now you're trying to backtrack and change your story. And Danny has literally no reason to accept Jamie over Tyrion, the Martells, and Tyrells. That's what you call a downgrade... A big one. You have the Lannisters of the first few seasons stuck in your head.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:22 PM 07-04-2016
This entire thing was about Jamie and Danny getting married, now you're trying to backtrack and change your story. And Danny has literally no reason to accept Jamie over Tyrion, the Martells, and Tyrells. That's what you call a downgrade... A big one. You have the Lannisters of the first few seasons stuck in your head.
Days ago we were talking about a possible Dany/Jamie marriage. Just now we were talking about whether Dany would have an insurmountable hatred against anything Lannister (other than Tyrion) that would keep her from working with any of them. I'm wondering about the merits of installing a puppet government in Lannister land instead of the Tyrells having to conquer it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:07 AM 07-05-2016

Who the fuck is Danny?
[Reply]
Page 291 of 335
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Up