ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2906 of 4905
« First < 1906240628062856289629022903290429052906 290729082909291029162956300634063906 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:37 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Is that what they gave up 7 players and a huge portion of the future cap for?

To be better than the Broncos' offenses since 2014?
Yes, obviously.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:08 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Yes, obviously.
You’re being serious? So you would happily take those numbers? Man, desperation has truly set in.

Btw, it didn’t get much better for him last season. 222 yards per game and 24.6 ppg. 6-8 record. Sacks galore. 13 rushing yards/game.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:11 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Seahawks were a better running team than the Broncos last year...Donks OL wasnt good as their RBs had to break 108 tackles just to be ranked 15th in rushing.

Wilson does most of his work off play action...which will be behind the 27th ranked pass protection.

It'll be interesting..if teams dont have to really respect the Donks running game and their OL is bottom-barrel with protection.
Stats are fun... overall, the SEA averaged like 3 yards more rushing than Denver. Yes, on roughly 2 fewer attempts per game. However, those final 2 games pushed them over the top with nearly 500 yards rushing against the Lions and Cardinals.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:29 AM 06-06-2022
You’re being serious? So you would happily take those numbers? Man, desperation has truly set in.

Btw, it didn’t get much better for him last season. 222 yards per game and 24.6 ppg. 6-8 record. Sacks galore. 13 rushing yards/game.
You asked if they made the trade to improve the offense. Obviously they did.

No, I expect better than his worst/injured numbers. I expect him to perform roughly the way he has on average for his career.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:35 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You know one of those personal chefs just jizzes in pretty much everything he makes for Russ.

Then Russ says shit like " Hey C-buddy!, that keto biscuits and gravy was bangin' my man! Just really off of the chain dawgity dawg dawg!!"
:-)

Nothing will ever top the "Ay, Seattle. Issa deal" or whatever the fuck he said after signing his extension.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:42 AM 06-06-2022
The Wal-Mart Donkos

Has a nice ring to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:51 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Stats are fun... overall, the SEA averaged like 3 yards more rushing than Denver. Yes, on roughly 2 fewer attempts per game. However, those final 2 games pushed them over the top with nearly 500 yards rushing against the Lions and Cardinals.
I noticed you left out that the Donks RBs had to break 108 first contact tackles to be a league average rushing team. It says your RBs are good at making people miss AND your team's OL is putting them in that position.

Average running team and 6th worst pass protecting...while playing a last place schedule. 4 of your 7 wins came against teams picking top 5...that's right, against 4 of the 5 worst teams in football. Your 5th win was against Washington picking 11th. The 6th win was against the 9-8 Chargers...so a team barely above .500 and one of the worst defenses in the NFL.
[Reply]
TEX 09:55 AM 06-06-2022
I noticed you left out that the Donks RBs had to break 108 first contact tackles to be a league average rushing team. It says your RBs are good at making people miss AND your team's OL is putting them in that position.

Average running team and 6th worst pass protecting...while playing a last place schedule. 4 of your 7 wins came against teams picking top 5...that's right, against 4 of the 5 worst teams in football. Your 5th win was against Washington picking 11th.
:-) Good stuff! Nothing like playing the Jags, Giants and Jets to start a season. DonkTards talking playoffs. Then only winning 4 more the rest year...

Guess what? That's exactly how I called it before the season. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:19 AM 06-06-2022
Interesting. Wilson’s “falling off a cliff” produced a higher offensive point per game average than the Broncos have had since 2014.
Well he HAD Lockett, and Metcalf. Now he has much worse receivers. An equally bad OL, a first time HC who’s never called plays, and is gonna be playing in a new system. Good luck, last place in the AFCW incoming.... AGAIN!!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:21 AM 06-06-2022
You asked if they made the trade to improve the offense. Obviously they did.

No, I expect better than his worst/injured numbers. I expect him to perform roughly the way he has on average for his career.
I was obviously saying that the goal should be a lot higher than “better than what we had before.” It’s a monumental failure of a trade if the offense isn’t vastly better for several years. And if it doesn’t result in regular playoff appearances and at least a few deep runs.

Denver doesn’t have a young team. And now they’ve severely limited their ability to add cheap young talent over the next few years. Plus, Wilson’s coming contract will limit their ability to add or keep talent in general. Meanwhile, their division rival, which has won six straight division titles, just loaded up on cheap young talent and will have 12 more picks next year. Oh, and the Chargers (and maybe even Raiders) are well-positioned for the future too. As are many other AFC teams.

Btw, why do you expect much better production than the last year and a half? Plenty of analysts have pointed out that he’s lost athleticism and is past his prime. He had better WRs in Seattle and an OL with almost identical stats. He still throws a great deep ball, but if they let him “cook,” the blueprint is already out for how to slow it down.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:33 AM 06-06-2022

Average running team and 6th worst pass protecting...while playing a last place schedule. 4 of your 7 wins came against teams picking top 5...that's right, against 4 of the 5 worst teams in football. Your 5th win was against Washington picking 11th. The 6th win was against the 9-8 Chargers...so a team barely above .500 and one of the worst defenses in the NFL.
So, you already brought up the stat... I was just pointing out the two huge games they had to end the season. Splitting hairs really between the production of the two.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:53 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Well he HAD Lockett, and Metcalf. Now he has much worse receivers. An equally bad OL, a first time HC who’s never called plays, and is gonna be playing in a new system. Good luck, last place in the AFCW incoming.... AGAIN!!

Bro he watched FILM. In the OFFSEASON!!!

We’re done for!!!
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:32 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Why do people believe Hackett has never called plays? He was the OC in Jacksonville and got the Bortles-QB'd offense to the AFCCG.

Also, are you expecting that he would need to call plays as the HC?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:41 AM 06-06-2022
Why do people believe Hackett has never called plays? He was the OC in Jacksonville and got the Bortles-QB'd offense to the AFCCG.

Also, are you expecting that he would need to call plays as the HC?
Do you even actually follow your team?

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...fensive-plays/

Fangio was fired at the end of the 2021 season and the Broncos are replacing him with former Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett. Denver’s offensive plays will now be called by Hackett, and he aims to apply what he learned from Packers coach Matt LaFleur.

And yeah, he made it to the AFCCG, then was subsequently fired halfway through the following season. Don’t worry, I’ve heard Andy has sent his friend over to help Hack-it get the right size clown shoes to wear during the upcoming Chiefs sweep of the Dungkeys.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:56 AM 06-06-2022
I was obviously saying that the goal should be a lot higher than “better than what we had before.” It’s a monumental failure of a trade if the offense isn’t vastly better for several years. And if it doesn’t result in regular playoff appearances and at least a few deep runs.

Denver doesn’t have a young team. And now they’ve severely limited their ability to add cheap young talent over the next few years. Plus, Wilson’s coming contract will limit their ability to add or keep talent in general. Meanwhile, their division rival, which has won six straight division titles, just loaded up on cheap young talent and will have 12 more picks next year. Oh, and the Chargers (and maybe even Raiders) are well-positioned for the future too. As are many other AFC teams.

Btw, why do you expect much better production than the last year and a half? Plenty of analysts have pointed out that he’s lost athleticism and is past his prime. He had better WRs in Seattle and an OL with almost identical stats. He still throws a great deep ball, but if they let him “cook,” the blueprint is already out for how to slow it down.
Do you expect Mahomes to play better than he did last year? I ask because an injured Wilson outplayed Mahomes in 2021 going by Rating, TD% and INT%.
[Reply]
Page 2906 of 4905
« First < 1906240628062856289629022903290429052906 290729082909291029162956300634063906 > Last »
Up