ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 290 of 324
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Lzen 02:34 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Thats why we might afford him lol. I do too. I haven't watched a lot of JAGS games but it seems like hes a low end one/ high end 2 type guy. Paired with Rice and I think that does it. Coming off a weird up and down year and a suspended year I dont know that he breaks the bank. I like him better than Pittman.
I don't know, man. I have Pittman on my fantasy team and other than a couple of early season games, he's been pretty consistently good.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:37 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I'm pretty sure Veach wanted to sign D Hop. Their negotiations with the Cards for a trade and then later with DH when he was a FA say so. It just didn't work out. I still believe that the Jones holdout really screwed up their plans. This isn't Madden. The bill comes due at some point.
Welome to the world of competing for Super Bowls. We could afford to do less when we had Mahomes on rookie contract but now you need to manipulate the cap.

Pushing 12 million of Mahomes money into future years was a no brainer move. Being terrified to do so cannot continue when we need to focus on winning another ring while Kelce is here.

Jones is gone, Kelce will be gone, Thuney will soon be gone. You worry about adding a couple million to some year when Mahomes is 32 and the cap has gone up every year?!

If I said push 50 million then sure, that's VERY aggressive and we can discuss that. Crying about moving 10-20 million for a contender should not be a thing worth discussing.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:44 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, if you overpay for a mediocre/bad player you have to not sign good players at better value the following year.

Doesn't sound like a great principle to me.
Go ahead and point to anyone on this board that wouldn't rather have Hopkins than MVS right now.

Then realize Hopkins wasn't an option when we signed MVS.

Then realize because we signed MVS last year and CJ decided to be a shithead this offseason Hopkins wasn't an option this offseason.

Then realize crying about shit after we won a SB with MVS makes you look stupid because you are mad about what's happening now.

JFC this place.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:19 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Go ahead and point to anyone on this board that wouldn't rather have Hopkins than MVS right now.

Then realize because we signed MVS last year and CJ decided to be a shithead this offseason Hopkins wasn't an option this offseason.

Then realize crying about shit after we won a SB with MVS makes you look stupid because you are mad about what's happening now.

JFC this place.
Can't reason with people that didn't get their way and want to throw a fit. Nice try though.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:02 PM 12-12-2023
It's not even about the Chiefs, it's about them.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:06 PM 12-12-2023

JFC this place.
Hopkins can’t be signed because they made a bad signing the year before?

That’s the way it works now?!

You just cut your losses and sign the good value WR.
[Reply]
-King- 04:08 PM 12-12-2023

JFC this place.
Why again wasn't Hopkins an option this year? You can make his cap hit whatever you want. Want to make it extremely low this year and high next? They had room for that without making another move. Want to double the cap hit he has with the Titans this year and give him a $8mil cap hit this year and $15mil next? Then restructure 6mil (they already had 2 mil in cap space at the time) of Mahomes cap hit this year, spread 1.3mil over the next 5 years, and boom, done.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 04:10 PM 12-12-2023
It would really help people here to read the 5 stages of being a chief fan in 2023 article to finally let this thing die now and hope for the best with what they have.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:11 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why again wasn't Hopkins an option this year? You can make his cap hit whatever you want. Want to make it extremely low this year and high next? They had room for that without making another move. Want to double the cap hit he has with the Titans this year and give him a $8mil cap hit this year and $15mil next? Then restructure 6mil (they already had 2 mil in cap space at the time) of Mahomes cap hit this year, spread 1.3mil over the next 5 years, and boom, done.

Yeah, MVS is irrelevant. Juju resigning would have been ten something. You don’t keep him so use that on Hopkins.

The Chiefs SUBTRACTED money from an already bad WR room.

How is that running it back?

That ain’t even treading water.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:12 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
It would really help people here to read the 5 stages of being a chief fan in 2023 article to finally let this thing die now and hope for the best with what they have.

Can't lead a horse . . .

they'll get there when they get there.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:17 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
That's fantasy land bullshit. Its already been reported that both KC and Buffalo backed off due to financial reasons. I'm sure Veach has no idea what he is doing cap wise unlike you though. Hopkins wanted $13MM per year, at some point that chicken comes home to roost. Tenn has $84MM in cap space next year and $9MM right now.

You guys keep forgetting the plan is to not mortgage any future years as whole for the team for one year of any player.
[Reply]
philfree 04:39 PM 12-12-2023
It's pretty clear that some people here are smarter about the NFL and the salary cap then the guys who have been to three of the last four Super Bowls winning two of them. They smart!
[Reply]
jerryaldini 04:45 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Can't lead a horse . . .

they'll get there when they get there.
Yep, I just got there this morning. Reading it actually helped me a lot. I got really bummed Sunday night, trouble sleeping, trouble concentrating yesterday, then watching Dhop last night. I needed a boost. The key message for me was acceptance, which I'm normally quite good at in life, and remind myself of all the time. I think reading this site made it harder in this case lol.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:54 PM 12-12-2023

Went where I was wanted. Never complained about anything. Clock in and work!!! @DezBryant https://t.co/JluU1lbDAh

— Deandre Hopkins (@DeAndreHopkins) December 12, 2023

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:57 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
What’s amazing is how many people claim we need to run our team like the Patriots. Do you honestly think the Patriots in their heyday would not sign a DeAndre Hopkins level player that hit FA with a low $$$ demand?!
[Reply]
Page 290 of 324
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300 > Last »
Up