ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 290 of 335
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:57 AM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:

But yes to all, in any order.
I'm sending you a copyright infringement bill. Payable in 30 days.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:03 AM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Sansa, Robyn Arryn, Yara, and Edmure. Jon would also be one but he seems very reluctant to do anything but defeat the White Walkers and then retire.

It makes some sort of sense. Leading means you have to condemn some to death and he knows from experience that there is no after life. There is nothing. In addition the burdens of leadership fell much more heavily on Jon than anybody else in the series. He lost his love, ordered many of his friends to their deaths, and was murdered for making a hard decision. He put a 12 year old kid to death because it had to be done. Remember before Sansa came and the pink letter he was ready to just leave the wall and retire somewhere else, not rally the North against the Boltons.

Dany has had it incredibly easy in comparison.
At face value yes. Jon was a trained warrior, that grew up with a father that had him under his wing and taught him how to lead.

Dany was basically a child when she came into power, and has had to learn on the fly without guidance from anyone other than sellswords. She's not had an easy go of it, either. Husband dies, child dies, Burned alive (kind of), performed her own 'Trail of Tears', had her eggs stolen and had to learn how to be deceiving and creative on the fly to men who's lives were built on that. Of the two sellswords that were "family" to her she was beytrayed by one, and the other died... she's basically been all alone for most of her journey. She now has Tyrion and is embracing his intelligence with veracity in short order because she's never experienced actual counsel in her Reign.

She's not had the pure death in scale that Jon has endured, but she has not had an easy go of it either. The both have weathered the storm.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:16 AM 07-04-2016
While Jon did have Ned as a fatherly figure. He still had a somewhat difficult childhood. While Robb and Sansa probably saw him as a brother as they were pretty close in age with Jon being the oldest IIRC. It seems it was made quite apparent to him that he was a bastard with no place. He was part of the ruling family but really not. Catelyn treated him pretty badly it seems as she admits she never loved him.

It was probably drilled into his head from an early age that he was going to take the black to ward off any potential succession issues.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:33 AM 07-04-2016
I think the order went

Robb
Jon
Sansa
Arya
Bran
Rickon
[Reply]
Bowser 10:35 AM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
While Jon did have Ned as a fatherly figure. He still had a somewhat difficult childhood. While Robb and Sansa probably saw him as a brother as they were pretty close in age with Jon being the oldest IIRC. It seems it was made quite apparent to him that he was a bastard with no place. He was part of the ruling family but really not. Catelyn treated him pretty badly it seems as she admits she never loved him.

It was probably drilled into his head from an early age that he was going to take the black to ward off any potential succession issues.
I think it was Ned's plan all along for Jon to take the black, fulfilling his promise to Lyanna to protect him. The Night's Watch would forgive him all his past sins and take him in, even if he was a Targayen. Robert wouldn't be able to touch him if he was on the Wall.
[Reply]
RustShack 03:30 PM 07-04-2016
When they say it in the show already, it's not a theory. How stupid are you? How do you miss something that big? It's almost even common sense that she doesn't like the Lannisters.
[Reply]
RustShack 03:42 PM 07-04-2016
But I apologize, I didn't realize you little bitches would get so but hurt when told the facts.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:17 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
When they say it in the show already, it's not a theory. How stupid are you? How do you miss something that big? It's almost even common sense that she doesn't like the Lannisters.
She has, not once, mentioned the Lannisters. Come to think of it, how could she even know the Lannisters exist? Her hatred is towards the family that took the throne from her. She has a fucking Lannister mentoring her and named him the Hand, for fuck's sake. Her enemy is whoever currently holds the throne, and your simple mind has weaved that into a hatred for the Lannisters.

Show me where she has even mentioned a hatred for the Lannisters if you're so certain, since it would be impossible for me to show a lack thereof.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:19 PM 07-04-2016
Aren't you the same fucktard who claimed to understand the intricacies of the Wall and the location of the front door?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:38 PM 07-04-2016
I can see the meme now, Jon and Danaerys are making out when Bran walks in with a squeamish face, Jon asks what is it Bran, he backs out slowly and says oh nothing.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:47 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I can see the meme now, Jon and Danaerys are making out when Bran walks in with a squeamish face, Jon asks what is it Bran, he backs out slowly and says oh nothing.
Plus side, Bran can walk!!
[Reply]
listopencil 04:49 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
He is miraculously cured-but then Jon pushes him out of a window to kill him hoping no one finds out about him and Dany. He lives, but he's a cripple again. Oh, the humanity!
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:51 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
He is miraculously cured-but then Jon pushes him out of a window to kill him hoping no one finds out about him and Dany. He lives, but he's a cripple again. Oh, the humanity!
:-) incest leads to witnesses falling out of windows. Just say NO!!
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:06 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If I only would've put rolls in instead of walks in oh the suffering I would've endured, I could've meant in his visions but I won't try to backtrack.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:26 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
She has, not once, mentioned the Lannisters. Come to think of it, how could she even know the Lannisters exist? Her hatred is towards the family that took the throne from her. She has a fucking Lannister mentoring her and named him the Hand, for fuck's sake. Her enemy is whoever currently holds the throne, and your simple mind has weaved that into a hatred for the Lannisters.

Show me where she has even mentioned a hatred for the Lannisters if you're so certain, since it would be impossible for me to show a lack thereof.
So you missed the scene where she met Tyrion and said "if you are a Lannister why shouldn't I kill you?" She only accepted him because he's "the biggest Lannister killer of them all". You realize Tyrion is also an enemy to the Lannisters, right?

Your simple mind just can't grasp facts or common sense.
[Reply]
Page 290 of 335
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300 > Last »
Up