View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 290 of 343
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300340 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:26 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I have zero issue with letting him walk. But I'd love to know who folks think we're going to get in the draft that will be an upgrade.
KC is really in a bind on this one. Not sure who they could get in the draft, but at the same time there is no way they should pay him what he feels he is worth. If they could sign him to a team friendly salary that would be the best option. Sadly that probably won’t happen.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:33 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
KC is really in a bind on this one. Not sure who they could get in the draft, but at the same time there is no way they should pay him what he feels he is worth. If they could sign him to a team friendly salary that would be the best option. Sadly that probably won’t happen.
I'm not an armchair GM but I'm assuming a trade for a decent LT just isn't feasible either.

Veach has his work cut out for him, yet again.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:36 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I'm not an armchair GM but I'm assuming a trade for a decent LT just isn't feasible either.

Veach has his work cut out for him, yet again.
It really is. Typically teams don’t part with good LTs (unless they somehow have a surplus), good DEs, or good QBs. The exceptions being the Texans and a team losing one because of cap issues.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:43 PM 12-19-2022
Andy could 100% help out his tackles too by running the ball a few more times a game. Pass rushers know that they don't have to account for the run, because we do so little of it. If we pop off a couple of 7-10 yd runs in a row, then they still are going to go balls to the wall and rush the passer because we won't stick to running no matter how successful we are at doing it.

The edge rushers can go all out every single play, because they are more than likely right and we are going to throw it. Andy's gotta stop that shit and help out tackles out a bit.

They talk about it all the time how pass rushers have the advantage when going against teams that are down multiple scores and the pass rushers can go balls to the wall to get the passer. It's like that all game for our tackles.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:44 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Andy could 100% help out his tackles too by running the ball a few more times a game. Pass rushers know that they don't have to account for the run, because we do so little of it. If we pop off a couple of 7-10 yd runs in a row, then they still are going to go balls to the wall and rush the passer because we won't stick to running no matter how successful we are at doing it.

The edge rushers can go all out every single play, because they are more than likely right and we are going to throw it. Andy's gotta stop that shit and help out tackles out a bit.
He has Patrick Mahomes. Makes running it less likely. If he still had Smith he would possibly run it more.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:18 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He has Patrick Mahomes. Makes running it less likely. If he still had Smith he would possibly run it more.
I know, but it's still dumb as shit and actually gives us more of a disadvantage than it does advantage. He's making it harder on the guys that block, which in turn makes it harder on Mahomes. Also when they are dropping 7 into coverage we should be running, because it's pretty clear that we can't seem to break through that defense. If we ran more we'd beat the shit out of teams that did it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:57 PM 12-19-2022
I know, but it's still dumb as shit and actually gives us more of a disadvantage than it does advantage. He's making it harder on the guys that block, which in turn makes it harder on Mahomes. Also when they are dropping 7 into coverage we should be running, because it's pretty clear that we can't seem to break through that defense. If we ran more we'd beat the shit out of teams that did it.
Absolutely. It's STILL football.

You run the fucking ball against light boxes and 7 in coverage. It's football 101.

If we did that, you'd still see Mahomes throw over 300, it'd just be on fewer attempts and the big plays would come back.

And we'd hate Brown and Wylie less.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:30 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Absolutely. It's STILL football.

You run the ****ing ball against light boxes and 7 in coverage. It's football 101.

If we did that, you'd still see Mahomes throw over 300, it'd just be on fewer attempts and the big plays would come back.

And we'd hate Brown and Wylie less.
Yep, it'd be even better for Mahomes and the offense. We'd literally be unstoppable and we wouldn't have to worry about Mahomes getting killed as often. Andy could improve this time by so much by just going to a 45% run and 55% pass. Right now we're at around 65% pass to 35% run. I'm not counting all of Mahomes rushes as runs, so we are at ~600 passes called to ~306. Thats like 43 passes and only 22 runs a game. We need to be at 38 to 27. Give Pacheco 20 rushes a game and McKinnon can have 5 and then a few for reverses and such.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:04 AM 12-20-2022

The offensive tackle who has given up the most pressures this year is actually a three-way tie between Dennis Daley...and both starters for the Chiefs - Orlando Brown Jr. and Andrew Wylie.

They've all given up 43 pressures this year, still with three more games to go.

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) December 19, 2022

Yet people here still defend him, and want to see GN him long term.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:07 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:

No no no, OBJ and Wylie gotta go
[Reply]
Coogs 06:22 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:

I'm not defending him with my post yesterday morning. Not at all. I'm definately in the don't pay him the big bucks contract.

I was just commenting on the post that said OBJ is crippling the offense and turning it into a dink and dunk offense, when clearly the numbers do not support that claim.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:27 AM 12-20-2022
Crippling it... holding it back...

You say tomato I say tomahto
[Reply]
Coogs 06:42 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Crippling it... holding it back...

You say tomato I say tomahto
:-)

We are the top offense in the NFL in yards per game and points per game. So crippling it? No.

Now is OBJ doing anything that pretty much any other LT in the NFL is capiable of doing? No.

I'm also in the go a different direction camp next year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/...Yards/dir/desc

I posted the numbers yesterday where Mahomes is leading the league in all downfield passing stats, so we are not reigned in to a dink and dunk offense.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:57 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I'm not defending him with my post yesterday morning. Not at all. I'm definately in the don't pay him the big bucks contract.

I was just commenting on the post that said OBJ is crippling the offense and turning it into a dink and dunk offense, when clearly the numbers do not support that claim.
The offense in yards and yards per play were at the top last I looked, but it is a dink and dunk offense. Mahomes and Reid and are just that good to have the best offensive in the league despite the liability at OT.

But in the playoffs it's going to be hard for us to beat 3-4 teams in a row with elite QBs because they will get much more pressure on Mahomes than we can get on their QB. Mahomes will need to be flawless.

To me, it's clear that you just let OBJ walk. There is no sign and trade or anything like that. Just let him walk. If no better LT option, use the money on the d line, and go with Christian.
[Reply]
irafreak 08:13 AM 12-20-2022

They talk about it all the time how pass rushers have the advantage when going against teams that are down multiple scores and the pass rushers can go balls to the wall to get the passer. It's like that all game for our tackles.
This is why I would be interested to see some draws. Start the drop back then hand to the back and let him run into the area vacated by the edge rusher sprinting upfield past brown.
[Reply]
Page 290 of 343
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300340 > Last »
Up