ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 57
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:34 AM 03-23-2024
Our bad ass GM made a decision. This not 10 years ago with only hope's and dreams so get over it.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:35 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Like I said, it's obvious now the Chiefs weren't paying Sneed this year or extending him at this level. The trade gives us cap space and certainty for our draft. If we don't make the trade, Sneed threatens a hold out(don't think he would as $20 mil is $20mil) but that still would have the drama of Sneed not showing up until he absolutely had to and make it a shit show again this year.
My issue is we should have traded him immediately for max value or held him until right before the season starts.

Veach clearly didn't want to have that money handcuffed for that long.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:38 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
My issue is we should have traded him immediately for max value or held him until right before the season starts.

Correct. Money needs to come off the books.
[Reply]
493rd 07:38 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
Overpay or not... I hate the return. I'd have rather fiddled with the money and kept him one more year to run the defense back at full strength.
The Chiefs didn’t have the money my man. They chose Jones and that’s it. Yes, the comp sucks, but when a team is essentially forced to trade a player because they can’t afford the tag this is what happens. It’s business and both sides knew it. We’ll be okay and you can expect Veach to draft 1-2 more corners in the upcoming draft.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:40 AM 03-23-2024
So Rasul Douglas, Carlton Davis and L’Jarius Sneed all got a 3rd rd pick in a trade. That seems to be the market for a good (not great on paper) corner. 2 were 27 and one was 28 when traded.

Like it or not that was the market
[Reply]
notorious 07:41 AM 03-23-2024
wbf
[Reply]
notorious 07:45 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
but we have the gift card to spend now... you can't just ignore that value. We have other good socks in our dresser, what we really need is a nice pair of gloves (LT).
Absolutely.

Behind the scenes it allows our parents to use the money saved on expensive presents to purchase something our family needs to function.

In reality, how many decent-good corners has this team went through? Chiefs will be just fine.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:46 AM 03-23-2024
I think we should all be happy that a fourth round pick played like a top cornerback the last couple of years and netted us a 3rd round pick on his exit.
[Reply]
493rd 07:47 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So Rasul Douglas, Carlton Davis and L’Jarius Sneed all got a 3rd rd pick in a trade. That seems to be the market for a good (not great on paper) corner. 2 were 27 and one was 28 when traded.

Yup, that’s right. Veach always knew that Sneed was replaceable. Jones? No way. We got what we could get.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:48 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:

Nah, if Veech wanted someone else in FA, it could have happened. You are also assuming there was a better deal out there earlier. I don't think there probably was or it would be done.
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:49 AM 03-23-2024
I hope the bitch ass titans go 0-17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:51 AM 03-23-2024
I understand being disappointed. I understand that based on reports, we were expecting more.

I understand that for a lot of us, just keeping Sneed and paying him the tag seemed like the thing to do.

Some of you are under the impression that you get a 3rd when he walks, but that is not the case. You MIGHT, depending on whether you sign other comparable players. It's a net gain/loss formula. No guarantees.

It's clear that KC had decided they were going to try to sign Jones and let Sneed go. It was only ever going to be one big deal this off-season. I expect if they'd been unable to get Jones signed, they'd have pivoted to Sneed.

They weren't going to pay both.

I'm sure Veach was hoping for a better return, too. The bottom line is-this is the market that developed. If KC wasn't going to pay him, the only other choice was to take the best offer. It sucks, but this was it.

It's disappointing, but it is what it is. It doesn't mean anyone made some huge blunder.

Nobody wanted to give up a high pick AND pay Sneed the huge contract.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:51 AM 03-23-2024
The Lions were the best shot. In order to justify trading a high pick and take on top of market salary you need a team going all in that's willing to sacrifice some future to get one of the final missing pieces to make their push.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:51 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Adding onto this. Jalen Ramsey was 28 when he was traded to Miami last year and cost a 3rd and that guy is way more accomplished on paper than Sneed.

Corners are going for 3rd rd value unless they are stars that are 25 and under.

The market seems pretty clear
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 07:53 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Yup, that’s right. Veach always knew that Sneed was replaceable. Jones? No way. We got what we could get.
It is time for Williams and Watson to get the run. They are ready. Jones is a unicorn. It was the right call and the only way to keep this thing going at full force. Draft well, replace the replaceable and move forward.

Plus I’ll take a high to mid 3rd over a mythical comp pick. It’s a better deal.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 57
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up