ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 34
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Kman34 09:42 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
You could kick him inside, but you wanna exhaust the opportunity at LT first, from a value standpoint.

People just need to understand that while he may not end up being a top 5 LT in the league, if he's serviceable, say top 15 LT, that's perfect from a cost standpoint.
I think Rt tackle would be the better position for him.. I can totally see Taylor switching to left next year and Morris at Rt… Smith is gone after this year I believe..
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:43 AM 01-08-2024
Give him a full offseason in the spot and go from there.

He played fine. Yeah, elite rushers gave him issues. No shit, welcome to 75% of the LT's in the league. We went after a "put him on an island and forget about it" LT and everyone freaked at the money it would cost.
Not to mention the cost for that elite level LT means you’re putting a lot of eggs in one basket.

Tunsil, for instance, has a $25 million cap hit. If that guy goes down, that’s a ton of money sitting on your bench.

Having a cheap, but okay LT isn’t the end of the world.
[Reply]
O.city 09:44 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Not to mention the cost for that elite level LT means you’re putting a lot of eggs in one basket.

Tunsil, for instance, has a $25 million cap hit. If that guy goes down, that’s a ton of money sitting on your bench.

Having a cheap, but okay LT isn’t the end of the world.
Paying that for Tunsil is fine though. He's an elite player, you pay it and move on. Yeah if he gets hurt, you're in trouble but that's the life of the salary cap NFL.

The issue is always paying elite money for good players. Paying say.....Justin Jefferson what they'll pay him isn't an issue if he keeps hammering up 1500 plus yard seasons.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:45 AM 01-08-2024
Wtf happened to Donovan Smith? He out for the playoffs too?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:47 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Wtf happened to Donovan Smith? He out for the playoffs too?
Neck Stinger, probably a pinched nerve, takes awhile to quit hurting. I'm thinking he practices this week and is available, but no sure.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 AM 01-08-2024
He definitely needs to get stronger but he is a mid 3rd rd pick. I think they're gonna put the full court press on fixing WR in March so they don't go into the draft needing any one position.

But I could definitely see us going after a tackle should one be available. It's early for the draft stuff but a pass protector like Jordan Morgan for example wouldn't be a bad investment.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:53 AM 01-08-2024
Give him a full offseason in the spot and go from there.

He played fine. Yeah, elite rushers gave him issues. No shit, welcome to 75% of the LT's in the league. We went after a "put him on an island and forget about it" LT and everyone freaked at the money it would cost.
I dunno - he didn't just struggle.

He blew up an entire offensive gameplan. If that would've been merely a step-back game, I'd be with you. But it was just so damn bad, I don't think you can go into the season with a situation any worse than we just had.

Donovan Smith would need to be a baseline sort of player to have on the roster. If he has even 3-4 games like that in a season, it could be a season killer. You just cannot win a game with your LT playing like that. It was alarmingly awful.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:55 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He blew up an entire offensive gameplan. If that would've been merely a step-back game, I'd be with you. But it was just so damn bad, I don't think you can go into the season with a situation any worse than we just had.

Donovan Smith would need to be a baseline sort of player to have on the roster. If he has even 3-4 games like that in a season, it could be a season killer. You just cannot win a game with your LT playing like that. It was alarmingly awful.
So if Morris starts the playoff game we just won't win?
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It was about the 3/4 game start right? So about the time there's enough tape out there to really have him pegged for what's gonna happen. It was real bad for sure.

But with what they've got goin forward....you're going to have to play him somewhere or someone like that to get some cap relief.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So if Morris starts the playoff game we just won't win?
If he has that kind of game - no. Not at all.

The question I have is why he was that awful. And I just don't know. The Dolphins don't have a Maxx Crosby with their injury issues but man, lots of teams have guys that are awfully good.

Hendricks didn't abuse him like Crosby did. Like I said at the time, mere quality of competition doesn't explain THAT kind of effort. I thought he had to be sick or hungover.

It's going to take me awhile to get past that. I've just never seen an effort that bad from a single offensive lineman. He destroyed everything. And my worry is that it wasn't that Crosby is just that good but rather that someone on the Raiders staff found and exploited a weakness. And that maybe someone else will do that same thing to him again.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:00 AM 01-08-2024
I'd rather have a fully healthy Smith for the playoffs. At least Smith knows how to hold when he's beaten. When Morris gets beat, he gets beat BADLY and it's a recipe for disaster (see the entire Raiders game and the sack/fumble against the Bengals).

You could argue there's some marginal improvement in the running game with Morris, but I'm not convinced there's a net positive there. The coaches no doubt see the same thing.
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 AM 01-08-2024
Kinda comes down to, what do you wanna put resources towards.

The OL has been built with alot. Hell, even Morris is a 3rd rounder. They go spend or trade up and draft a T early....man.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:08 AM 01-08-2024
Woof. Dude has to get a lot stronger

https://cdn-user-temp.veed.io/render...46fab8b54e.gif
[Reply]
Lzen 10:28 AM 01-08-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It doesn’t take long for people to long for players they hated.

I’ve seen some funny takes on Andrew Wylie this year.
I am still glad he is gone. :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:37 AM 01-08-2024
He played fine.
He's been ass.

He's played like a replacement level tackle.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 34
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up