ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Charles Omenihu
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:43 PM 03-14-2023

Breaking: FA DT Charles Omenihu is signing a two-year, $20M max deal with the #Chiefs, sources tell @theScore.

He's coming off his best season, tallying 16 quarterback hits and 28 initial pressures with #49ers. Omenihu's only 25 years old.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 15, 2023

[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:01 PM 10-23-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Thanks for proving my point. I never said you said he was bad. I said you had no fucking clue he was this good. The bold just further proves that.
Why are you taking victory laps after one game?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:03 PM 10-23-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's not about one fucking game you dumb son of a bitch.

He's not a rookie. That's what I've been trying to explain to you from the jump. That wasn't surprising to anybody who watched him last year.

He was clearly the 2nd best pass rusher on an elite 49ers defense too.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:13 PM 10-23-2023
Dude...just stop. I'm throwing in the towel for you on this subject
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:59 PM 10-23-2023
He's not a rookie. That's what I've been trying to explain to you from the jump.
Right. And you posted stats that show he is a remarkably consistent 4-5 sack per year guy.

It’s not weird that I was skeptical that his addition would help this defense maintain its top 5 play over the course of the season. It still isn’t weird as that was just one game.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:17 PM 10-23-2023
Right. And you posted stats that show he is a remarkably consistent 4-5 sack per year guy.

It’s not weird that I was skeptical that his addition would help this defense maintain its top 5 play over the course of the season. It still isn’t weird as that was just one game.
It is if you actually watched the guy play last year.

You. Still. Don't. Get. It.

Also, I didn't post stats. Clay did. I just pointed to his pressures and PRWR. I don't care about the stats. You do. It's why you argued Bortles being a top 100 player ("30 TDs"!). It's also why you argued that Noah Fant and TJ Hockenson were in the same tier of TE. You can't talk football without talking about stats. They're the be all end all for you.

You could really save a lot of time by saying "I didn't know how good this guy was. I was foolishly basing my entire opinion of him on sack totals."
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:32 PM 10-23-2023
I absolutely had no idea how good this guy would be and his contract looks like a STEAL.

Having three guys consistently apply pressure is such a game changer. Chiefs are clearly in the top position in the NFL. Again.

But having a dominating defense for the first time in a decade is such a delight.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:41 PM 10-23-2023
Also, I didn't post stats. Clay did. I just pointed to his pressures and PRWR. I don't care about the stats.."
Yeah, those are stats, asshole. Lol.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:46 PM 10-23-2023
Yeah, those are stats, asshole. Lol.
Stats that he posted. I pointed to stats that he posted.

JFC.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:49 PM 10-23-2023
Stats that he posted. I pointed to stats that he posted.

JFC.
You don’t care about them so much that you used them in your argument..?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 10-23-2023
You don’t care about them so much that you used them in your argument..?
Like I said, because YOU do, dumbass.
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:02 PM 10-23-2023
Omenihu was a beast yesterday. Was all over the field. Impact players like this are the difference between a one score close game or a two score game.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:13 PM 10-23-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Look at them collapse that pocket with only 4 dudes.

Man oh man, that 3rd down pass rush with Jones, Omenihu, Danna and Karlaftis is going to be really fun to watch going forward.
With how good our secondary is, if we get to where we have more than a coin-flips chance of generating pressure with 4 guys, then the rest of the league better watch the hell out.

Now you guys can see why I was so stoked as soon as news of this signing dropped. I watched Omenihu last season and I knew the potential he had, especially putting him in there with Jones. Could've made a strong case after watching some of his Niners games last year that he was their second best pass rusher.

Can't remember the last time I was this stoked to watch our defense take the field.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 10-23-2023
Cullen and Spags are doing such a nice job of complementing their rushers.

Karlaftis is one that's particularly interesting to watch in that regard. They loop him quite a bit because he's not terribly explosive. So opposing OL's are really cognizant of the possibility of Jones streaking upfield and Karlaftis looping around him.

So then you'll see them start to cheat GK inside and he'll go around the outside on them.

Having all these guys who can flip inside or outside and demonstrate really good strength and lateral agility allows them to do some really creative stuff with their rush. FAU picking it up as a speed threat would just further compound those issues but even if he doesn't, this will absolutely work.

OL's just have a lot going on that they have to account for. This isn't the Daly "mush rush" shit where they're just trying to collapse the pocket. It definitely isn't the 2-gap days or even Sutton's mix/match to create blitz lanes while relying on Houston/Hali to just beat their guy.

This is a really creative 4-man rush. I just don't recall ever seeing that.

Cullen is very probably the most important coach we have. This is a direct result of bringing him in, IMO. This stuff started happening as soon as he got here.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:23 PM 10-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cullen and Spags are doing such a nice job of complementing their rushers.

Karlaftis is one that's particularly interesting to watch in that regard. They loop him quite a bit because he's not terribly explosive. So opposing OL's are really cognizant of the possibility of Jones streaking upfield and Karlaftis looping around him.

So then you'll see them start to cheat GK inside and he'll go around the outside on them.

Having all these guys who can flip inside or outside and demonstrate really good strength and lateral agility allows them to do some really creative stuff with their rush. FAU picking it up as a speed threat would just further compound those issues but even if he doesn't, this will absolutely work.

OL's just have a lot going on that they have to account for. This isn't the Daly "mush rush" shit where they're just trying to collapse the pocket. It definitely isn't the 2-gap days or even Sutton's mix/match to create blitz lanes while relying on Houston/Hali to just beat their guy.

This is a really creative 4-man rush. I just don't recall ever seeing that.

Cullen is very probably the most important coach we have. This is a direct result of bringing him in, IMO. This stuff started happening as soon as he got here.
Really good point - and post, Deej.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:27 PM 10-23-2023
Charles looking he was going to beat Herbert for looking at him wrong.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up