ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 163
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
New World Order 02:53 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
You never changed it back after pretending to be in Belize.
:-)
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:54 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by CanadaKC:
Canada hasn’t shown they can finish but dam! They sure have shown they can compete against the #2 team in the world! Mettle and heart. And Alphonso Davies is clearly hurt
This presentation of Canada makes me feel a lot better about them being the #1 out of our region and makes the games we played against them feel better.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:55 PM 11-23-2022
Definitely didn’t embarrass ourselves, knew missing that penalty would hurt.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:00 PM 11-23-2022
Canada honestly kind of choked that game. Probably not surprising considering that was the first World Cup game any of those guys ever played. They were the better team than Belgium (although it wasn't anywhere near as one-sided in the 2nd half) but couldn't finish the many chances they had.

Now will need 4-6 points out of those Croatia/Morocco games at least to advance.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:03 PM 11-23-2022

Belgium (0.86) 1-0 (2.83) Canada

— The xG Philosophy (@xGPhilosophy) November 23, 2022

Soccer ain't fair.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:07 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Soccer ain't fair.
Is there a breakdown of their formula out there somewhere or do you have to buy the book?
[Reply]
Womble 03:08 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Jesus what a woman. shut the **** up already.
Yea jd1020 shut the **** up already. This is a thread for monumentally stupid (bordering on the retarded) takes from 'soccer' experts like TripleThreat. Who cares if he's only ever watched 20 minutes of the sport in between his lobotomy treatment sessions and thinks scoring a penalty gives you 3 goals. I value his input and I'm now convinced the USA will win the FIFA Bowl. USA USA USA
[Reply]
jd1020 03:10 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Yea jd1020 shut the **** up already. This is a thread for monumentally stupid (bordering on the reeruned) takes from 'soccer' experts like TripleThreat. Who cares if he's only ever watched 20 minutes of the sport in between his lobotomy treatment sessions and thinks scoring a penalty gives you 3 goals. I value his input and I'm now convinced the USA will win the FIFA Bowl. USA USA USA
Meh. Let it go. The irony of the confused one saying "woman" made me laugh.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:15 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Is there a breakdown of their formula out there somewhere or do you have to buy the book?
I'm sure it's out there, but I wouldn't know where to look.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 03:38 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Yea jd1020 shut the **** up already. This is a thread for monumentally stupid (bordering on the reeruned) takes from 'soccer' experts like TripleThreat. Who cares if he's only ever watched 20 minutes of the sport in between his lobotomy treatment sessions and thinks scoring a penalty gives you 3 goals. I value his input and I'm now convinced the USA will win the FIFA Bowl. USA USA USA
We are all glad you've come around.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:08 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
Never used to be like this but the referees just accept it now which makes it worse. Should be a yellow card for a dive but barely ever happens now.

It is made worse by people saying that it is a penalty when people barely get touched in the penalty are.
#1 reason I hate soccer. Unfortunately now that NBA is more international it's taking over the NBA too. It should not be tolerated, period.
[Reply]
loochy 06:11 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
My Peacock feed is in Spanish.

What am I doing wrong??
Peacock only has rights to the Spanish language telecast through Telemundo. Fox and FS1 have the rights to English language broadcast.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:13 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Because while you are confused with how completely separate things can be unrelated to each other, I'm confused about why people have to make things more difficult than it is by bringing up the unrelated.

FIFA allows players to choose which national team they play for based on where they were born, where their parents/grand parents are from, and if they have been in a country for 5+ years (presumably playing for youth teams and training in that country and possibly even having citizenship by now).

So if the question is why is X player allowed to play for Y team?... that is your answer. Pretty simple, direct, and not confusing.

Olympians are also allowed to represent a country they weren't born in. The athlete just has to have citizenship for the country they choose to represent and they can freely choose every Olympics, like the Canadian bobsledder who chose to represent the USA this last winter Olympics after she got her citizenship and there was some kind of sexual harassment issue with the Canadian team.
And you shouldn't be able to do that. Is what alot of people are saying.

You SHOULD not qualify to play for another country because your fucking Grand parents were born there. My great grandma was 100% Swedish. I would never ever ever represent that country if I was good at something.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:18 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
And you shouldn't be able to do that. Is what alot of people are saying.
I don't think a lot of people are saying that.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:19 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
#1 reason I hate soccer. Unfortunately now that NBA is more international it's taking over the NBA too. It should not be tolerated, period.
A lot of flopping Americans in the NBA , but watching Ginobli flopping around back in the day turned me off the NBA for sure.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 163
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up