ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Dante84 07:18 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Cook was the third-most valuable safety in college football in 2021 #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/PpjLYjZwK5

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Fish 04:37 PM 11-06-2023
Dats what speed do.

[Reply]
jettio 05:50 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Dats what speed do.

That is awesome. I was wondering if Next Gen Stats would report on that.

Cook opened up with full speed sprint.

The more you see Cook the more you can see why Juan Thornhill said that he knew he would get best offer from another team because he knew how good and ready Bryan Cook was.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:56 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And if I felt this guy was a pure BPA pick I’d be fine with that. I don’t think that’s the case.

They DID pick based on need and, IMO, prioritized a position of marginal importance.

Moreover, nobody says you don’t consider need, they say don’t REACH based on need and that’s exactly what the Chiefs did here.

But enjoy your straw man.
Why would Cook be considered a "reach"?
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 06:10 PM 11-06-2023
He was rolling. Looked like Roger Craig running!
[Reply]
JimNasium 09:36 PM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Do you even Chiefs Planet, brah? All of the draftabaters are geniouses. [CPS]
[Reply]
JPH83 12:15 AM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Impossible to know how teams saw it, but a lot of people had him below other safeties picked after him and a lot of other guys in other positions.

I was like DJ, I didn't think he was BPA or a huge positional need. I think he's been OK, definitely flashed a bit, but I still think we've a ways to go to start crowning him a major success.
[Reply]
xztop123 01:11 AM 11-07-2023
Can he play wr
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Impossible to know how teams saw it, but a lot of people had him below other safeties picked after him and a lot of other guys in other positions.

I was like DJ, I didn't think he was BPA or a huge positional need. I think he's been OK, definitely flashed a bit, but I still think we've a ways to go to start crowning him a major success.
I mean, I gave my EXACT rationale in this thread. Compared him to Taylor Rapp (who's had a really nice career) and even noted that I could be wrong.

And as the season progressed I posted that I saw areas of improvement that suggested what I saw as poor ball-tracking skills (that I never think improve much at the next level) were probably just inexperience.

I also said that I found it odd that he was our Thornhill replacement unless we were going to get away from some of our single-high looks. And by and large we have done so. But he and Reid as fairly similar players have been able to do some really interesting disguises and matchup flips. Put simply, Spags adjusted his coverage schemes to fit his personnel and its worked out nicely. Also, Edwards being a ball-hawk has allowed us to maintain some of those looks that will put more pressure on a coverage safety even with Cook being a bit more downhill in his approach.

But Pitt's gonna troll because that's all he really has to offer. He damn sure wasn't in here having any conversations in real time. Or, y'know, at any point PRIOR to Cook having the biggest play of his career.
[Reply]
loochy 11:14 AM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But he and Reid as fairly similar players have been able to do some really interesting disguises and matchup flips. Put simply, Spags adjusted his coverage schemes to fit his personnel and its worked out nicely.

Imagine that! It pisses me off when coaches are so stuck to a scheme that they try to offload/find new players and/or force players into roles that don't fit.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:08 PM 12-03-2023
Get well soon buddy
[Reply]
TLO 09:30 PM 12-03-2023
RIP his leg
[Reply]
threebag 09:32 PM 12-03-2023
Looked left ankle. Hope he recovers
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:36 PM 12-03-2023
Just trying to put the pieces together, and it seems like we might have dodged a bullet. Sure sounds like a high ankle sprain
[Reply]
TLO 09:53 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Just trying to put the pieces together, and it seems like we might have dodged a bullet. Sure sounds like a high ankle sprain
Um... No.

There's a picture going around I'm not going to post.

It ain't a sprain...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:53 PM 12-03-2023
Yep, they did xrays and he's on the sideline... That's at least good news. Maybe get him back for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 35
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up