« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 01:35 PM 05-02-2022
I've never been a "big jump ball WR" guy.

6 foot athletes that can get open. Give me those all day.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:45 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And Watson wasn’t even on the board at 50 or 54. What are you talking about?
Talking about pick 30, which isn't really a reach for him, as he went at pick 34. Then we could have drafted Cameron Thomas at DE.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:45 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Me too, now, and I am excited to see what he does with Mahomes.

But, are we forever locked into sub 6' receivers because they "fit" the offense?

How in TF does a receiver who runs in the 4.3s not fit this offense with Mahomes just because he is 6'4"? I don't understand.

I don't think we're locked into anything but good football players. I think that's the point of the first three rounds worth of picks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:46 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Talking about pick 30, which isn't really a reach for him, as he went at pick 34. Then we could have drafted Cameron Thomas at DE.

You're arguing Watson over Karlaftis?

Fuck. That. Shit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:55 PM 05-02-2022
After watching all those drops and tipped passes resulting in picks last year, not sure why anyone would advocate for Watson over Moore
[Reply]
wachashi 02:14 PM 05-02-2022
I'm really interested to see how Watson does in Green Bay. Very high bust potential because he's so raw, but he's in a great landing spot in that offense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
What traits do you see Skyy exhibiting that cause you to feel “this kid isn’t going to make it in the NFL”?
Nothing.

I think he'll be a fine player. 6-8 years in the league. 400ish catches for 4000-5000K yards. He'll be better than many taken before him and most taken after him. He's a fine player with no standout flaws.

He simply has no significant strengths, a very low ceiling and little in the way of projectable upside. He's a 'safe' pick in a draft we absolutely loaded with safe picks. There are good arguments in favor of that approach, many of which I actually agree with.

He's fine.

He ain't Antonio Brown and he isn't gonna be.

Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
IT'S THE ENTIRE DATA SET.

You just don't want to admit you're wrong. Try it. It feels good.

"Oh wow... that data disproves my theory. I guess I'm going to bed smarter than I woke up. What a successful day."
It's a data set you selected, chief. It's no different than the folks that argue that concussions occur at a lower rate in the NFL than they do in college and High School. Which may be correct in a vacuum but it's correct because the people who are more prone to concussions were culled from the data set IN high school and college after they got their brains scrambled and couldn't keep playing anymore. Your data set there becomes self-selecting because it's eliminated the high risk candidates.

You did the same thing. You culled the data set to include like the 8 most successful MAC receivers of the last quarter century and then expect me to think it means anything. It doesn't.

It's selection bias. That's it. And you know how easy it is to pick apart something like this (hence the reason you shouldn't try it or pay attention when someone does?) Watch this:

Corey Davis -- 1st WR selected in his class
Diontae Johnson -- 10th WR selected in his class
Kenny Golladay -- 12th
Dri Archer -- 16th
Greg Jennings -- 4th
Taylor Price -- 13th
Darius Watts -- 9th
Randy Moss -- 2nd

"NO WR FROM THE MAC TO EVER BE SELECTED AS LATE IN HIS DRAFT GROUP AS SKYY MOORE HAS EVER HAD A SUCCESSFUL NFL CAREER!!!! ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG! CONFESS!!!!!!!"

{fart noises}

Who gives a shit about your arbitrary endpoints? WRs don't get drafted out of the MAC with any regularity. And they don't because it's not a very good conference and doesn't turn out many good ones. As to what you think you got right here (or I got wrong) -- um...no idea what you're babbling on about.

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There's little chance he's Thomas. He's already a far better athlete, far more more polished route runner,.
But that's the thing - he isn't. There's nothing to support that other than some tape of him running past MAC defensive backs. Wanna go pull up the DaT draft thread? I goddamn HATED that pick. Loathed it - it inspired one of the most volcanic reactions I've had on this board. And I was nearly universally castigated for it because DeAnthony was 'a dynamic athlete and home run hitter on a team that needs playmakers. He's the next Darren Sproles!' Sound familiar?

Moore is fine athlete; pretty average for an NFL wide receiver. And when combined with his small stature and inexperience vs. complex defenses (he rarely even faced matchup zone type coverages), he's just not a special prospect. And I don't see anything to indicate he'll be much more than an average NFL player.

If he's Golden Tate, Veach absolutely crushed with that pick. If he's Antonio Brown I will suck your dick. And when the rubber hits the road, to be closer to Brown than DAT, he'd need to go for 432 receptions for 5,900 yards and 40 touchdowns over the course of his career. Essentially 54 catches for 740 yards and 5 scores/season for the next 8 seasons. That a gamble you're really comfortable making? Kenny Golladay won't have that kind of career. Corey Davis almost certainly won't. Diontae Johnson might, Greg Jennings did. And as noted above, Greg Jennings was the 4th receiver selected in his draft; not the 13th.

So how confident are you that Skyy Moore can be Diontae Johnson? Because that's the likely bar to get even halfway there.
[Reply]
wachashi 02:38 PM 05-02-2022
I think Sterling Shepard is a fair comp for Moore, just as far as abilities go. Moore has some really sharp cuts and breaks on his routes.

A big difference is that Patrick Mahomes will be throwing him the ball, not Daniel Jones. And Andy Reid will be designing his routes, not...Jason Garrett...from last year anyway.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:41 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've never been a "big jump ball WR" guy.

6 foot athletes that can get open. Give me those all day.
Jamar Chase says hi.gh
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:42 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I think Sterling Shepard is a fair comp for Moore, just as far as abilities go. Moore has some really sharp cuts and breaks on his routes.

A big difference is that Patrick Mahomes will be throwing him the ball, not Daniel Jones. And Andy Reid will be designing his routes, not...Jason Garrett...from last year anyway.
I think that's pretty fair as well. I think Shepard came to the league more pro-ready, but I don't think that's Moore's fault. He just didn't play teams that would throw much at them defensively so he never really got a feel for playing against disguised looks, zones, etc....

Shepard was by no means an expert, but he was more advanced in that regard than Moore will be, IMO.

And really, Shepards numbers aren't far at all from what I said would be a reasonable expectation for Moore's 1st year results. I could see Moore having a very similar role as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:43 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Jamar Chase says hi.gh
Ja'Marr Chase IS a 6 ft athlete that gets open.

And he can also high-point a ball.

He's not Mike Evans out there jumping over guys in his hip pocket instead of creating space. He simply does everything.

I'm not sure this is the own you think it is.
[Reply]
O.city 03:00 PM 05-02-2022
Give me a guy that gets open. Jump balls generally mean you're covered.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:08 PM 05-02-2022
I think it was staylor that made a comp for Diontae Johnson bc they are quite similar types of players.

Skyy is an inch shorter but his vert is 1 inch higher than Johnson so it kinda evens out. He’s also significantly faster. 4.41 with a 1.46 10 yard time compared to 4.53? Yeah that’s a step and a half faster.

If this team gets a faster version of Johnson I’d be thrilled
[Reply]
Monticore 03:21 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Give me a guy that gets open. Jump balls generally mean you're covered.
Or shitty QB
[Reply]
BossChief 03:25 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nothing.

I think he'll be a fine player. 6-8 years in the league. 400ish catches for 4000-5000K yards. He'll be better than many taken before him and most taken after him. He's a fine player with no standout flaws.

He simply has no significant strengths, a very low ceiling and little in the way of projectable upside. He's a 'safe' pick in a draft we absolutely loaded with safe picks. There are good arguments in favor of that approach, many of which I actually agree with.

He's fine.
He’s only been a WR for less than 3 seasons, didn’t know he would be playing WR till he arrived at his first practice. He was a RB previously. Sound familiar?

His coaching hasn’t been great now he has Andy…the best offense mind in the sport

His QB hasn’t been great now he has the GOAT throwing to him.

His testing was borderline elite.

His hands are elite.

I don’t understand why people label him low upside when I see the exact opposite…

What do you see that makes you think “low ceiling”?
[Reply]
Page 29 of 280
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up