ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 36
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:53 PM 05-02-2022
Team owners should be responsible for the cost of stadiums.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:26 PM 05-02-2022
I agree team owners should pay the cost of the stadium.

But it's a pretty dumb owner to pay the full cost when you can usually get taxpayers of some sort to pay a significant amount.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:28 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The 435-70 interchange is nowhere near Raytown. And there's lots of great folks who live in Raytown. I have many friends there.

The state of Missouri will never allow a second team to leave. You can bet on that. I also bet you live in Johnson County, which offers NOTHING to the greater community in terms of Sports. JOCO people just use stuff other people paid to build, then bitch about it. Put up or shut up.
This is a good start to having taxpayers pay for it.
[Reply]
srvy 08:43 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Raytown is next to the stadium. My grandma lived in Raytown I've been there a thousand times.

By the way there's lots of great folks who live all over the city. Even in Kansas shocker. This is such a dumbass thread. If Arrowhead needs to move it should move to the easiest most accessible place with space for tailgating. It's a hell of a lot easier to get to the speedway area.
Its also pretty easy to get in and out where it exists now. Its The Hunt families football team and when the contract runs out they will do what they will do.
[Reply]
Stewie 09:32 PM 05-02-2022
Now that I think about, I think both teams should stay in Missouri. Downtown for the Royals and bulldoze everything at the Truman sports complex. Build a new Arrowhead at Truman with a roof.

Missouri needs this. Jackson County taxpayers (with some from MO) should probably pay at least 60% of the $5 billion bill. That seems fair.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:02 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Raytown is next to the stadium. My grandma lived in Raytown I've been there a thousand times.

By the way there's lots of great folks who live all over the city. Even in Kansas shocker. This is such a dumbass thread. If Arrowhead needs to move it should move to the easiest most accessible place with space for tailgating. It's a hell of a lot easier to get to the speedway area.
How, exactly?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:04 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
How, exactly?
Not coming from Columbia it's not.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 PM 07-31-2022
By The Associated Press

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt used to tell his son, Clark, that his favorite place on the planet was Arrowhead Stadium.

If it’s up to the current chairman, the club will be there long into the future.

During his annual trip to training camp, Clark Hunt said Friday that the preference of the Chiefs is to renovate the aging facility east of downtown Kansas City rather than build a new stadium. But that will depend on a number of studies that are examining the structural integrity of a building celebrating its opening 50 years ago this season.

“That would be our No. 1 priority,” Hunt said. “We’re going to evaluate all options, obviously. We have to figure out what’s best for the franchise, what’s best for the fan base. But it starts with evaluating Arrowhead and that’s where we’re at.”
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:00 PM 07-31-2022
Wonder if Kelce has ever plowed Gracie in Arrowhead
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 10:11 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
So what the fuck is the difference? I live in boonville Western Kansas and I became a fan of the Chiefs because I went to the stadium when I was 17 and fell in love with the Kansas City Chiefs. We lost that day but everything was great . SO WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU SO MUCH MORE SPECIAL THAN ME?
Where is boonville? We were talking about no longer factor in jail in wakeeney and Beuhler being from Scott city and I am from gc but

Well, I never been to booneville
But I been to Oklahoma
Oh, they tell me I was born there
But I really don't remember
In Oklahoma, oh no not booneville
What does it matter?
What does it matter?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:23 PM 07-31-2022
That would be ideal if the Chiefs would move to the Legends. I hope it happens.
[Reply]
threebag 07:25 AM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Where is boonville? We were talking about no longer factor in jail in wakeeney and Beuhler being from Scott city and I am from gc but

Well, I never been to booneville
But I been to Oklahoma
Oh, they tell me I was born there
But I really don't remember
In Oklahoma, oh no not booneville
What does it matter?
What does it matter?
Breaking out the three dog night
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:35 AM 08-01-2022
Given how strong our team is, they deserve a larger field in any new stadium. Maybe 130 yards or so.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:39 AM 08-01-2022
The clear answer to the state question is to position the stadium so that the 50 yard line is on the state border. Both states get half and it would be ultracool for announcers to say that the Chiefs are driving into Missouri or that the Raiders have not entered Kansas all day.
[Reply]
Toad 09:07 AM 08-01-2022
Brilliant!
[Reply]
Page 29 of 36
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up