View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 29 of 343
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 03:01 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're way too pessimistic.
Naw, just keeping it real. Way too many blind homers on this site now. Success has spoiled them. My 10-7 prediction is only two games off last year's pace. With our schedule and division, and all the new faces, I can see us we taking a step back. I still have the Chiefs making the playoffs, only as a wild card team. I think they're going to struggle in the beginning of the year and then I think they're going to find their way down the stretch. I think they'll be playing good football come playoff time. Once in, anything goes.

Give your prediction and we can revisit this subject.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:02 PM 05-31-2022
My feelings on the "tough schedule" narrative:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TEX 03:03 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I do think the "we're going to be picking in the late 20s!" presumptions of years past should probably be shelved for a tick.

This division is ROUGH. There's an argument that the Chiefs are about to face the hardest schedule in league history.

They could have damn good team and a very good season and go 10-7. Not because they're a barely above .500 team, but they simply do not have many breaks in this schedule and that kind of slate grinds on you.

I've said it for years - I'm absolutely convinced that 'iron sharpens iron' is bullshit. I'll take the Patriots cake schedule and a gimme bye week every year. In fact, it's almost a pre-requisite for the kind of sustained success they had.

Why? Because it's a hard game and when you're playing quality teams every week, sometimes things just don't go your way.

I could see KC drafting in the 18-22 range this year.
Exactly. I see it this way also.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:07 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think it'll be a tough year, but I'm not sure who ends up good or bad. Every year someone sucks that shoudl be good etc.

Maybe it's our turn.
We do have quite a few weaknesses and unknowns heading into this season.

Generally, I'd point to Pat and Andy's track record. I mean, looking at this roster and comparing it to the roster from the 2015 team, is it really any worse? Even if you remove the QB, I'd say it's fairly close.

That 2015 squad ended up going 2015 and made it to the Divisional Round. Even with stiffer competition, is that our floor?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:09 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We do have quite a few weaknesses and unknowns heading into this season.

Generally, I'd point to Pat and Andy's track record. I mean, looking at this roster and comparing it to the roster from the 2015 team, is it really any worse? Even if you remove the QB, I'd say it's fairly close.

That 2015 squad ended up going 2015 and made it to the Divisional Round. Even with stiffer competition, is that our floor?
quite a few?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:09 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly. I see it this way also.
I think I have them at 11-6.

I mean it takes one weird play somewhere along the way for that to become 10-7. I don't think that's any sort of doom and gloom scenario.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:10 PM 05-31-2022
I think I have them at 11-6.

I mean it takes one weird play somewhere along the way for that to become 10-7. I don't think that's any sort of doom and gloom scenario.
What are the six losses?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:12 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
quite a few?
Defensive backfield is going to have a ton of turnover, DL is a trainwreck, RT is still a bit unsettled and the WR room is absolutely an unknown even if you're optimistic.

Again - Patrick Mahomes is now the 4th most tenured player on this football team. The turnover has been INSANE the last couple of years. Yeah, I'd say it's pretty fair to say there are 'quite a few' unknowns.

That's not to say they will all break bad. But it's folly to presume they'll all go in our favor as well.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:13 PM 05-31-2022
Defensive backfield is going to have a ton of turnover, DL is a trainwreck, RT is still a bit unsettled and the WR room is absolutely an unknown even if you're optimistic.

Again - Patrick Mahomes is now the 4th most tenured player on this football team. The turnover has been INSANE the last couple of years. Yeah, I'd say it's pretty fair to say there are 'quite a few' unknowns.

That's not to say they will all break bad. But it's folly to presume they'll all go in our favor as well.
Yes, but he said weaknesses.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 05-31-2022
What are the six losses?
Chargers, Raiders, Rams, Bucs, Bills and then a 'wild card' loss somewhere among the Cardinals, Broncos, 49ers, Titans, Bengals.

And losing 2 of those games wouldn't be a shocker at all. That's all it would take. A loss against a team we split with last year (LAC), a loss to the defending SB champions, a loss to a team that seemed to be the first to expose some of our weaknesses (TB), a tam that beat us BADLY at home last year (Buf) and then splitting against a Raiders team that's made a fair amount of improvement this year in ways specifically designed to attack us.

Then going 3-2 against 2 physical running teams, a team with a PITA running QB, a team that beat us twice lost season and a Broncos squad who can't just get swept by us every year, can they?

It's just not that crazy at all.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:19 PM 05-31-2022
quite a few?
To anyone who isn't a homer, yes.

We just lost an elite, HoF-bound WR and probably the most unique unicorn weapon of all time along with a couple blue chippers in the secondary at CB and S.

How many snaps did we lose with Hill, Pringle, Mathieu, Ward, and Robinson? Losing D Rob was proooobably a net positive, but the other guys, though? It's damn tough to replace so many quality snaps in one offseason.

The DL is made up of an inconsistent Chris Jones and booty cheeks on either side of him. It's one of the worst DLs in the entire league. Our pass rush is looking like it'll be abysmal. And we're combining that with a young secondary with a bunch of new faces? Lol. Good fucking luck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:20 PM 05-31-2022
He said 'weaknesses and unknowns' as a collective group.

I think you're splitting hairs here. Especially if you believe, pretty fairly, that some of those unknowns will become weaknesses or if even a 'known' quantity like the RB room is actually slotted in as a weakness, which would also be a pretty fair analysis given that there's a WHOLE lot of JAG at that position right now.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:25 PM 05-31-2022
Positionally, we have weaknesses at RB, RT, LE, DT2, and RE. We're also thin at CB, LB and TE2/TE3. Any injury to Bolton, Gay, Sneed, or Fenton and we're potentially in big trouble.

Overall, I'd consider the massive turnover a weakness. We're talking about seeing new starters possibly at WR1, WR2, WR3, RT, LE, SLB, CB1, and SS.

Also consider the fact that this defense has not been particularly good at stopping the run lately. With this trash pass rush and new, young secondary, there is a high possibility that this defense won't do anything well.

Whole time you're considering that, think about what happens if the impact of losing Hill is as massive as some people assume it'll be..
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:27 PM 05-31-2022
He said 'weaknesses and unknowns' as a collective group.

I think you're splitting hairs here. Especially if you believe, pretty fairly, that some of those unknowns will become weaknesses or if even a 'known' quantity like the RB room is actually slotted in as a weakness, which would also be a pretty fair analysis given that there's a WHOLE lot of JAG at that position right now.
It's Tex.

As far as "unknowns" then why is everyone so afraid of the schedule? Russel Wilson has an entirely new team. Khalil Mack coming off injury. Davante Adams went from Rodgers to Carr. Josh Allen lost his offensive coordinator. Colts have ANOTHER new QB.

Why is every Chiefs addition an unknown and every opposing addition a certainty?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:29 PM 05-31-2022
It's Tex.

As far as "unknowns" then why is everyone so afraid of the schedule? Russel Wilson has an entirely new team. Khalil Mack coming off injury. Davante Adams went from Rodgers to Carr. Josh Allen lost his offensive coordinator. Colts have ANOTHER new QB.

Why is every Chiefs addition an unknown and every opposing addition a certainty?
I'm not TEX, motherfucker.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 343
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up