ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 54
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:44 AM 06-12-2022
I'm surprised Young Vader is giving this much slack with the inquisitors, and not get Tarkin on the phone and lay waste and interrogate more Rebels.
[Reply]
notorious 09:10 AM 06-13-2022
Yahoo has disabled comments on all content tied to Obi-Wan.

This show is taking some heat.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:12 AM 06-13-2022
That episode sucked. Seemed like half the episode was that awful interrogation in which we had to sit through the two worst characters on the show.

I can't tell if preteen Leia is a bad actor or if the writers just hung her out to dry...or both. I try not to be hard on child actors but, i feel the bar has been raised over the last decade.

And i can't buy into Reva, the actress or the character. Those scenes between the two of them were bad.

Can we get to some space ships and explosions and shit please? I'm here for pod chases, monster creature things, kick ass robots and explosions.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That episode sucked. Seemed like half the episode was that awful interrogation in which we had to sit through the two worst characters on the show.

I can't tell if preteen Leia is a bad actor or if the writers just hung her out to dry...or both. I try not to be hard on child actors but, i feel the bar has been raised over the last decade.

And i can't buy into Reva, the actress or the character. Those scenes between the two of them were bad.

Can we get to some space ships and explosions and shit please? I'm here for pod chases, monster creature things, kick ass robots and explosions.
Yeah - the only thing that might salvage that exchange is if, on re-watch at the conclusion of the series, it turns out that Reva is the Jedi double-agent being floated around.

I mean it would still be a little cringy, but i guess if you look at it through 'an actor playing someone who's trying to act' you can maybe give it a little more latitude.

Though, I mean, it would clearly be contrived. I have a hard time believing the actress is playing the part as someone who's actually a bad actor when in fact the ACTRESS is really a good actor.

Indira Varma is KILLING the 'double agent' sort of role in that she's balancing all that indecision fairly well and playing both sides in a believable manner. Then again, she's just a good actress (GOT fans probably recognized her almost immediately - man that's just a classically beautiful woman).
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:12 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
the only thing that might salvage that exchange is if, on re-watch at the conclusion of the series, it turns out that Reva is the Jedi double-agent being floated around.
I can't believe anyone else thinks otherwise at this point. She's providing subtle facial expressions and body language that give it away, big time. Look at what she does when she finds the Jedi symbol, or when the T-47 escapes.

She's an excellent actor. Can't believe people are shitting on her.

This is a franchise that employed Jake Lloyd, so it's a huge stretch to shit on lil Leia. She's great! Exactly how I'd picture a young Leia.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:29 PM 06-13-2022
:-)

Clay would defend the terrible Reva character. Makes me feel all the more confident that I'm on the right side of the argument.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:45 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Clay would defend the terrible Reva character. Makes me feel all the more confident that I'm on the right side of the argument.
What makes her terrible?

If she's playing a ex-Padawan who's using the Inquisitorius as part of a long con to find Obi-Wan/Other Jedi and defeat Vader, she's nailing that character.

I think it's very obvious what she is. She isn't supposed to be playing a pure evil character, and that performance very obviously explains her motivations for killing the Grand Inquisitor and going it alone trying to get to him first. There was no way she was handing Obi-Wan over to that dude.

Hell, the line "we're on the same side" was very clearly double entendre.

You guys hate her because you see her as a very milquetoast, bad excuse for a villain. If that's what she's playing, you're right.

But she's very clearly not playing that character. At all.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:47 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I can't believe anyone else thinks otherwise at this point. She's providing subtle facial expressions and body language that give it away, big time. Look at what she does when she finds the Jedi symbol, or when the T-47 escapes.

She's an excellent actor. Can't believe people are shitting on her.

This is a franchise that employed Jake Lloyd, so it's a huge stretch to shit on lil Leia. She's great! Exactly how I'd picture a young Leia.
If the leaks/rumors are to be true then,

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:59 PM 06-13-2022
If the leaks/rumors are to be true then,

Spoiler!
That almost completely contradicts what I've read.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:04 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That almost completely contradicts what I've read.

Spoiler!
I hope so. We'll see. If you google what i wrote though, there seems to be considerable smoke.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
What makes her terrible?

If she's playing a ex-Padawan who's using the Inquisitorius as part of a long con to find Obi-Wan/Other Jedi and defeat Vader, she's nailing that character.

I think it's very obvious what she is. She isn't supposed to be playing a pure evil character, and that performance very obviously explains her motivations for killing the Grand Inquisitor and going it alone trying to get to him first. There was no way she was handing Obi-Wan over to that dude.

Hell, the line "we're on the same side" was very clearly double entendre.

You guys hate her because you see her as a very milquetoast, bad excuse for a villain. If that's what she's playing, you're right.

But she's very clearly not playing that character. At all.
Here's the problem with all of that.

Think of the number of dei ex machina that have been required for Obi Wan to survive to this point. She has no way to know that Tala turned back or where Obi Wan was going in that showdown with Vadar. Tala doesn't turn back, Obi Wan becomes jedi charcoal.

Virtually every episode there has been some moment or another where Kenobi survives through blind dumb luck or assistance from some character that seemingly has no idea she's involved in this. The shootout on the platform - if she wants Kenobi to escape she just says nothing. Afterall, she's already planted the tracker, no? Instead she shouts for him. Without those cargo pilots coming to save him, they're all toast.

I don't ultimately doubt that they're going to do what you're suggesting - but if that's the case, they oversold her. They made her TOO effective because her actions at a half-dozen different moments throughout this series should've gotten him captured or killed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:25 PM 06-13-2022
I hope so. We'll see. If you google what i wrote though, there seems to be considerable smoke.
Both of those suggestions make far more sense than Clay's because they actually speak to what I was referencing in my previous post.

But I can't see 'double agent' as making sense here. It's just asking too much suspension of disbelief. There's just no way a double agent would've kept the kind of heat on Kenobi that she has. His balls have been too close to the bandsaw and well outside of her ability to direct the outcomes way too many times.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:32 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The shootout on the platform - if she wants Kenobi to escape she just says nothing. Afterall, she's already planted the tracker, no? Instead she shouts for him.
She has to have plausible deniability that she's still on the Imperial side. Occupational hazard.

It's not so much a problem as it is, that's just the way it went. When Obi-Wan was dealing with Vader, she had no choice but to pursue option B, or risk blowing her cover.

Note that she waited until the fifth brother demanded she destroy the other speeder before actually doing it.

I'm absolutely sure she's conning the Imps for her own agenda.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:04 PM 06-13-2022
so good

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:14 PM 06-13-2022

[Reply]
Page 29 of 54
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up