ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 42
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Willie Gay booked for Damage to property [but he'll play]
Dante84 12:30 AM 01-20-2022
Booking attached.

Update below:

Willie will play on Sunday

Full quote from Andy Reid on Willie Gay: "I decided he’d play. I’m not going to get into the conversations. I’m not going to do that. I decided that after just hearing some of the information that I heard." https://t.co/muFit5wkAn

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) January 21, 2022

Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Attached: D648F019-EB02-4CBD-9E6E-79F4CE576C21.png (37.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Frazod 03:38 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Might Reid keep him out 1st half as punishment?
That would be insane.
[Reply]
TLO 03:39 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Bwana:
What is it with this outfit and playoff distractions/drama? Last year Reid Jr. gets liquored up, runs into a car and gets arrested. This year, Willie decides to enter the vacuum tossing competition at his baby mamas house and gets arrested. Obviously Willie's little stunt isn't nearly as detrimental as Reid's, but use your ****ing head.
If there's ever another CP bash I think we need to have a vacuum tossing contest.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:39 PM 01-20-2022
Frank Clark is still playing despite facing felony charges, so certainly nothing is going to happen in terms of suspending Gay with a misdemeanor charge (and his next court date is not until early March).

If the Chiefs hold him out it will be because of his ongoing mental health issues that likely affected his limited playing time vs Pittsburgh and not this minor misdemeanor arrest.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:40 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
If there's ever another CP bash I think we need to have a vacuum tossing contest.
Make it a dunk tank event with a baby mama sitting on the board.
[Reply]
TimBone 03:41 PM 01-20-2022
This ain't College.
[Reply]
budman3 03:43 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I for one AM trivializing the incident. Because it's a trivial incident.
Unless you were there, no one can say it was a trivial incident. Or what the underlying causes might have been. What if he threw the vacuum at the mother of his child or his son but it happened to miss them? Gray is 23 years old. How old is his son? Even if no one was hurt, would anyone want to put their child in harms way or to even have them see such an action occur between parents?

Just saying, on the surface it may seem like overreactions and it may very well be. But their also could be serious underlying issues that may have to be dealt with here.
[Reply]
loochy 03:43 PM 01-20-2022
There's a freaking playoff game to win. This isn't a kid either...this is a man. His punishment will come from the legal system, not from a jolly fat man.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:46 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by budman3:
Unless you were there, no one can say it was a trivial incident. or what the underlying causes might have been. What if he threw the vacuum at the mother of his child or his son but it happened to miss them? Gray is 23 years old. How old is his son? Even if no one was hurt, would anyone want to put their child in harms way or to even have them see such an action occur between parents?

Just saying, on the surface it may seem like overreactions and it may very well be. But their also could be serious underlying issues that may have to be dealt with here.
And they can goddamn well be dealt with after the playoff run.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 01-20-2022, 03:46 PM
This message has been deleted by Chiefaholic.
Rainbarrel 03:47 PM 01-20-2022
If not seeing his kid ain't enough. Reid is not the players coach he is called
[Reply]
oldman 03:52 PM 01-20-2022
Let's all just take a chill pill until all the facts are known. I find it hard to believe that a vacuum, cell phone, door, and wall were all damaged and that total is $225. For all we know, baby mama caused some of that damage. There are already enough "facts" in this thread to warrant overreaction. He wasn't arrested by the Fairway police, the booking slip says "OPPD". The bond is light enough to say it wasn't much of a ruckus. He hasn't been in trouble before here, so the NFL would be hard pressed to suspend him considering all the other players involved with felonies that played this year. What the Chiefs do is another matter. I would suspect they'll hear him out before making any decision.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:56 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
At least Jovan had the decency to do it during a 2-14 season.
and if i'm not mistaken.... in the end... used his head
[Reply]
budman3 03:59 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Let's all just take a chill pill until all the facts are known. I find it hard to believe that a vacuum, cell phone, door, and wall were all damaged and that total is $225. For all we know, baby mama caused some of that damage. There are already enough "facts" in this thread to warrant overreaction. He wasn't arrested by the Fairway police, the booking slip says "OPPD". The bond is light enough to say it wasn't much of a ruckus. He hasn't been in trouble before here, so the NFL would be hard pressed to suspend him considering all the other players involved with felonies that played this year. What the Chiefs do is another matter. I would suspect they'll hear him out before making any decision.
If any actions are to be taken quickly, it will be by Reid and Hunt. And that will be based on what the police report says and more importantly, how they feel about Gray's side of the story. At this point, that's all that matters for those concerned with his status for the game.
[Reply]
jettio 04:01 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by budman3:
Unless you were there, no one can say it was a trivial incident. Or what the underlying causes might have been. What if he threw the vacuum at the mother of his child or his son but it happened to miss them? Gray is 23 years old. How old is his son? Even if no one was hurt, would anyone want to put their child in harms way or to even have them see such an action occur between parents?

I think throwing an object at her and missing would be charged as assault because you would have placed her in fear of getting hit. Language for kansas statute:
knowingly placing another person in reasonable apprehension of immediate bodily harm
Gay is definitely going to need some help if the only continuing relationship is as parents of this one child.

Whatever he thought he was arguing about definitely is not worth making the crawl on every network and making his team and fanbase worry about if he can manage his temper and handle his personal business without anyone calling the police.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:04 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I haven't read the whole thread, and it may have already been mentioned, but Overland Park has an ordinance that classifies this under "domestic violence." This statute is pretty dumb but it's funded with federal money so there is an incentive to prosecute no matter how ridiculous the situation is.

So, if convicted it'll be considered a domestic violence issue.

My brother got in an argument with his ex wife and took her phone. She called the cops, he got arrested, and it was classified as "domestic violence." Fortunately they dropped it but the whole thing was dumb.
This statute is 100% not dumb. I'd rather err on the side of caution in regards to domestic abuse/violence.
[Reply]
kstater 04:09 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This statute is 100% not dumb. I'd rather err on the side of caution in regards to domestic abuse/violence.
This is the correct response. Not thinking the arrest is only about a broken vacuum cleaner.
Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 29 of 42
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up