ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 51
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
Sure-Oz 11:43 AM 03-05-2020
@HBO: Look for the light.

@clmazin and @Neil_Druckmann to develop the series adaptation of #TheLastOfUs, coming soon to HBO: http://itsh.bo/thelastofus https://twitter.com/HBO/status/12356...572032/video/1

The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

MARCH 05, 2020 9:30AMby*Borys Kit, Patrick Shanley

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series*Chernobyl,*is reteaming with HBO adapt*The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions and it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Originally launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog’s*The Last of Us*garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the post-apocalypse centered on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be a key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.
Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel,*The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.
Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, “Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and*The Last of Us*is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I’m so honored to do it in partnership with Neil.”
“From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of*The Last of Us,” said Druckmann in a statement. “With*Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn’t think of better partners to bring the story of*The Last of Us*to life as a television show.”
Last of Us*won numerous “game of the year” awards and went on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and a remastered version on the PlayStation 4.
“This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and the teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life,” stated HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
“This is the first of many shows we intend to develop with our friends at PlayStation Productions,” said Chris Parnell, co-president of Sony Pictures Television Studios.*The Last of Us*is a brilliant achievement in storytelling and character development, and we are lucky to have the opportunity to work with this team to adapt it.”
Druckmann is a longtime vet of Naughty Dog, starting as a programming intern in 2004. In 2007, he was given the role of game designer on*Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first installment in the action adventure series. In 2013, he created*The Last of Us, based on a concept he developed as a student at Carnegie Mellon University.
Mazin’s*Chernobyl*tackled a bleak and complex true-life event and became a must-see show for HBO. The show won an Emmy for outstanding limited series and landed one for Mazin for outstanding writing. Mazin also won a PGA and a WGA Award.

Holy shit this is gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:43 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Hey guyz!! The fungus zombie biology doesn't even make any sense. Ha ha, what a kids show!

:-):-)
It's BWillie. If you're expecting anything but piss poor trolling you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:33 PM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
In "reality" a zombie would have to eat as energy can't be made from nothing, and cells require energy to generate movement. Even a magic zombie muscle cell would still require ATP to draw the energy to contract. Its also clear some of a zombie nervous system is still functional as they are able to home in on movement and sound, so their nerves require energy to transmit nerve impulses as well.

So they would probably starve pretty fast since they are too dumb to conserve or stockpile food.

Also they are dumb as **** and how do they make it through winters? There is no electricity to keep them warm. What about heatstroke? Im sure these zombies are also very conscientious to make sure they drink enough FRESH water to hydrate the human body.

Yeah so yeah give it a try. Try to just not drink water and drink chicken blood or something for 6 months. See how long it takes for organ failure.
You need to be an adult and play some video games to get your mind off of this.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:34 PM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
You need to be an adult and play some video games to get your mind off of this.
I don't own a gaming system.Perhaps there is something I can use with my Fold 4 and my Nreal AR glasses. But who has the time? I'd rather post 6.24 times a day on Chiefsplanet
[Reply]
Lzen 06:55 PM 02-14-2023
Correct. Video games are for children.

With that said, that was the best episode yet. However
Spoiler!
Just when I think you can't say anything dumber.
[Reply]
backinblack 11:36 PM 02-14-2023
video games are for children

tell that to every old person in the retirement homes catching virtual fish or whatever the fuck on their iPads

bet you do have a PS5 on your TV stand in your house but you are just weirdly posturing for some reason
[Reply]
Kman34 07:00 AM 02-15-2023
In "reality" a zombie would have to eat as energy can't be made from nothing, and cells require energy to generate movement. Even a magic zombie muscle cell would still require ATP to draw the energy to contract. Its also clear some of a zombie nervous system is still functional as they are able to home in on movement and sound, so their nerves require energy to transmit nerve impulses as well.

So they would probably starve pretty fast since they are too dumb to conserve or stockpile food.

Also they are dumb as **** and how do they make it through winters? There is no electricity to keep them warm. What about heatstroke? Im sure these zombies are also very conscientious to make sure they drink enough FRESH water to hydrate the human body.

Yeah so yeah give it a try. Try to just not drink water and drink chicken blood or something for 6 months. See how long it takes for organ failure.
It’s a fucking Zombie show not real life..
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:53 AM 02-15-2023
I mean, yeah, you're going to need to suspend some disbelief for any zombie media.

This criticism is weak, though. You can see the fungus slowly replaces human cells over time. You could see when the girl cut that zombie trapped under rubble; there was no blood, just more fungus under the skin. Simplest explanation is that the fungus is feeding off of the hosts.

Plus, it's a fungus so it probably absorbs water and nutrients through the air and contact with other biomass.
[Reply]
Otter 09:45 AM 02-15-2023
This thread has convinced me to binge watch this series before the cold weather lifts.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 12:10 PM 02-17-2023
Looks like the voice of ellie from the game is a cameo in next, or one of the upcoming episodes. If you have seen the trailer, it looks like she is the one holding the crying newborn.

The soldier guy guarding the crazy chick last episode was the voice of Tommy in the came as well.

Pretty neat to see the game voices show up in the show here and there.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 04:00 PM 02-17-2023
Found the game for $13 for my old PS3. Going to try to fire it up this weekend.
[Reply]
notorious 09:56 AM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Found the game for $13 for my old PS3. Going to try to fire it up this weekend.
My son just finished it.

His (limited) list of ranking games he plays a lot:

Half-Life 2 PC
Left 4 Dead 2 PC
Last of Us PS3

He plays Minecraft a shitload on WiiU and PC.

He said it was an 8/10 game. Needed more action. He wished more zombies would have been in the game.
[Reply]
notorious 10:02 AM 02-19-2023
Episode 5 was pretty good. I have no idea why he didn't drive around the city, though.

I guess it would be a boring show if the main characters made good decisions.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:51 AM 02-19-2023
This show continues to impress. Every episode is soooo well done. I'd say word of mouth is pushing that extra million every week. Could be 20 million by the finale.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:08 AM 02-19-2023
Well, in the game that would've been a lot harder. It was Pittsburgh and they were trying to cross the fort duquesne bridge. Would've been much more of a hassle to drive around there than KC.
[Reply]
notorious 11:30 AM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, in the game that would've been a lot harder. It was Pittsburgh and they were trying to cross the fort duquesne bridge. Would've been much more of a hassle to drive around there than KC.
Pittsburgh is certainly more difficult to get through than KC. Those rivers naturally corral the land.

They made the location KC in the show because it's a whole lot easier to CGI. More generic setting, not as many bridges, etc. It also has to line up with the seasons/travel time better.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02-20-2023, 12:56 PM
This message has been deleted by Sassy Squatch.
Page 29 of 51
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up