« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:25 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And ultimately, in the post you quoted, at that time I was still weighing need too heavily.

It's really just been in the last 3 years I've decided that EVERY position is a position of need in the NFL over the length of a rookie contract. So with Poe and Howard there, I understated the utility of another DT, especially while we were running a 3-4 (though I did get his potential as a 5-tech right; but that came after the post in question). I wouldn't have taken that hard-line of a stance w/r/t positional value today.

The decline of Howard and Poe, and the fairly rapid ascension of Jones, probably had something to do with that re-calibration. 1 year later we'd have been proper fucked without Jones. And ultimately it was my one-man bandwagon for Hockenson when we had Kelce in his prime that ultimately led to me talking myself into that stance pretty firmly.

Need just means so little on days 1 and 2. Those guys, if they hit, will FIND their way into the starting lineup. So just draft for ability. In that regard Terez (pretty sure he wrote the article in question) had it absolutely right.
So in other words you didn't go full kccrow on Willie Gay?

We haven't even seem him play a lousy preseason down of football. Just saying. Kccrow roasted Veach over that pick. Did not like it at all.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:43 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Man. I hope nobody on this team ever gets coronavirus. If one gets it, they’re all getting it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:25 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So in other words you didn't go full kccrow on Willie Gay?

We haven't even seem him play a lousy preseason down of football. Just saying. Kccrow roasted Veach over that pick. Did not like it at all.
Yeah, that was one of the more virulent outbursts on a pick that was otherwise pretty well received I've seen in a bit.

I think he did what all of us draft nerds do on occasion - he went over the top in his criticism of the pick not because of who was picked specifically, but because of who WASN'T picked.

My memory is that he really liked Logan Wilson and thought he should've been the guy. I understand his affinity for Wilson but I really think you're trading a lot of ceiling for floor in that exchange. Wilson's maybe a safer bet with a shallower learning curve, but I don't think he has nearly Gay's ceiling and 3-down potential.

I did it with the Poe pick years ago - I really liked DeCastro and Brockers so I hated the Poe pick. As violently as any pick the Chiefs have made in 20 years. And it was to the point where I didn't even necessarily analyze the player much - I just hated who he wasn't (with bonus points for the fact that Fat Scott made it and I was firmly in the 'fuck fat scott' camp).

Otherwise I don't understand how one can be so loudly anti-Willie Gay. That's a whole shitload of talent in the late 2nd. Even if the pick doesn't work out, the reasons for making it are just incredibly clear.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:51 AM 09-09-2020
Yeah, that was one of the more virulent outbursts on a pick that was otherwise pretty well received I've seen in a bit.

I think he did what all of us draft nerds do on occasion - he went over the top in his criticism of the pick not because of who was picked specifically, but because of who WASN'T picked.

My memory is that he really liked Logan Wilson and thought he should've been the guy. I understand his affinity for Wilson but I really think you're trading a lot of ceiling for floor in that exchange. Wilson's maybe a safer bet with a shallower learning curve, but I don't think he has nearly Gay's ceiling and 3-down potential.

I did it with the Poe pick years ago - I really liked DeCastro and Brockers so I hated the Poe pick. As violently as any pick the Chiefs have made in 20 years. And it was to the point where I didn't even necessarily analyze the player much - I just hated who he wasn't (with bonus points for the fact that Fat Scott made it and I was firmly in the '**** fat scott' camp).

Otherwise I don't understand how one can be so loudly anti-Willie Gay. That's a whole shitload of talent in the late 2nd. Even if the pick doesn't work out, the reasons for making it are just incredibly clear.
So you're saying people have a tendency to overreact due to their own personal biases and emotional attachments on Chiefsplanet? No way. I don't see it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:17 PM 09-14-2020
Does anyone else get the vibe like he's about to go off again for 15+ sacks?

They showed him a couple times during the anthem and dude was bouncing around impatiently like a caged tiger. He's got this look in his eye.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:22 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So you're saying people have a tendency to overreact due to their own personal biases and emotional attachments on Chiefsplanet? No way. I don't see it.
Fuck you!!!!!!!111
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:31 PM 09-14-2020
Only thing I was bummed about concerning all of the NFL Films stuff that just released was the complete lack of attention they paid to Chris’ deflections in the SB. It figures, deflections aren’t sexy, but we likely don’t win without them.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:35 PM 09-14-2020
Jones said he wants to break the sack record. He is literally the second best DT in the NFL and the difference between #2 and #3 Fletcher Cox is a big difference
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:41 PM 09-14-2020

I did it with the Poe pick years ago - I really liked DeCastro and Brockers so I hated the Poe pick. As violently as any pick the Chiefs have made in 20 years. And it was to the point where I didn't even necessarily analyze the player much - I just hated who he wasn't (with bonus points for the fact that Fat Scott made it and I was firmly in the '**** fat scott' camp).

I was 100% sure that we would be drafting Poe and I was 100% pissed by it. I didn't want him. I was just absolutely sure he was gonna be a bust. I told my brother in law "Were gonna pick Poe and when we do this remote is going through the TV screen", I didnt do it, but god damn I was pissed. I was completely wrong about him too.

I do not understand how anyone can be so completely against Gay though. He was our 2nd round pick, filled a position of need, and has extreme potential.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:42 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I was 100% sure that we would be drafting Poe and I was 100% pissed by it. I didn't want him. I was just absolutely sure he was gonna be a bust. I told my brother in law "Were gonna pick Poe and when we do this remote is going through the TV screen", I didnt do it, but god damn I was pissed. I was completely wrong about him too.

I do not understand how anyone can be so completely against Gay though. He was our 2nd round pick, filled a position of need, and has extreme potential.
I understand how people can be against Gay. They wanted a LB that could contribute right away. Gay was never going to be that guy.

And after seeing the LB's play the other night, all it did was kind of bolster that argument.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:33 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Jones said he wants to break the sack record. He is literally the second best DT in the NFL and the difference between #2 and #3 Fletcher Cox is a big difference
Our D line played like absolute monsters against the Texans. If (we will) we play like that in every game there's a damn good chance Chris Jones is getting 16+ sacks. Im so excited to watch him the rest of the year. So far this year and last year are the only times I can remember being excited about watching both Offense and Defense
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:14 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I understand how people can be against Gay. They wanted a LB that could contribute right away. Gay was never going to be that guy.

And after seeing the LB's play the other night, all it did was kind of bolster that argument.
I don't think Chief Fan has any idea how difficult it is to play linebacker in the NFL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:21 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't think Chief Fan has any idea how difficult it is to play linebacker in the NFL.
Most fans don't. Especially when it comes to the guys that call the plays. For all of his faults, Hitchens is the guy out there getting everybody else organized.
[Reply]
R Clark 05:26 PM 09-14-2020
Yeah I don’t think he’s as bad as some think
[Reply]
JimNasium 05:46 PM 09-14-2020
When did the Jones thread become Gay?
[Reply]
Page 29 of 59
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up