« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 12-10-2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:33 AM 05-31-2008
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Crusade is full of nostalgia. It tries to repeat the Raiders of the Lost Ark feeling the best they can, just as this most recent one does.
Yeah, and it pulls off a lot better while still being plenty fresh.

Venice, Germany and the opening scene of Indy's childhood were all excellent new setpieces. And the climax was ****ing genius. The plot was actually SMART and ENGAGING (see the scene in the library), not "Professor Indy solves everything within five seconds and brings commies along for the ride."
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:19 AM 05-31-2008
Originally Posted by Claythan:
Yeah, and it pulls off a lot better while still being plenty fresh.

Venice, Germany and the opening scene of Indy's childhood were all excellent new setpieces. And the climax was ****ing genius. The plot was actually SMART and ENGAGING (see the scene in the library), not "Professor Indy solves everything within five seconds and brings commies along for the ride."
Agreed. While i have a few issues with that movie, its still worlds better than this last flick. BTW, whatever happened to the dude who wrote Last Crusade Jeffrey Boam? Dude writes two great scripts for two great sequels that summer (Lethal Weapon 2) then disappears?? WTF??
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:38 AM 05-31-2008
Died in 2000.

Originally Posted by :
Tragically, his career was cut short when he suffered heart failure as the result of a rare disease which creates accelerated elasticity of muscle tissue, causing the heart and lungs to fail.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:05 AM 05-31-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Agreed. While i have a few issues with that movie, its still worlds better than this last flick.
Yeah I was actually watching parts of it the other day (in glorious 1080p - I need to see it on a giant HDTV one of these days, my 24" widescreen monitor is nice but doesn't compare). There are a few problems with the tank scene. The bit where Indy whips his father's leg to save him from being crushed by the tank is executed poorly. Vogel could have taken Indy's legs out at anytime while he's standing there holding the whip. And when Sallah rides up and tips his cap to Sean Connery and says "Father of Indy! Give me your hand!" it comes off as a little goofy.

But at least Indy wasn't getting racked in the balls.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:15 AM 05-31-2008
Yeah I was actually watching parts of it the other day (in glorious 1080p - I need to see it on a giant HDTV one of these days, my 24" widescreen monitor is nice but doesn't compare). There are a few problems with the tank scene. The bit where Indy whips his father's leg to save him from being crushed by the tank is executed poorly. Vogel could have taken Indy's legs out at anytime while he's standing there holding the whip. And when Sallah rides up and tips his cap to Sean Connery and says "Father of Indy! Give me your hand!" it comes off as a little goofy.

But at least Indy wasn't getting racked in the balls.
You now another problem with Crystal Skull was, that i didnt care about any of the Indy side characters.

I didnt care about Prof. Oxley and Mac, because i had nothing vested in them and had never heard of or seen them before.

Yes, Brody is dead, but where was Sallah?? Where was Indys dad??

I actually think the Oxley character was a rewrite of Indy's Dad when Connery wouldnt do the movie to be honest.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:25 AM 05-31-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
You now another problem with Crystal Skull was, that i didnt care about any of the Indy side characters.

I didnt care about Prof. Oxley and Mac, because i had nothing vested in them and had never heard of or seen them before.

Yes, Brody is dead, but where was Sallah?? Where was Indys dad??

I actually think the Oxley character was a rewrite of Indy's Dad when Connery wouldnt do the movie to be honest.
Indy's dad was supposed to be dead, too.

http://sadjones.ytmnd.com/

But you're right. The only one I gave a shit about was Mutt because of the early scenes.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 07:05 AM 06-02-2008
what a piece of shit

a big so what.....Aliens that fly away! ooooooh! how scary! and pointless!

the best actors in that pile of feces were the mannequins that got destroyed by a nuke....

Lucas once again rapes our pocket books and defecates on a great franchise....someone please hunt him down and slit his throat...thanks in advance....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:21 AM 06-02-2008
I'm not even sure I want to see it again. I've been thinking about going the last two weekends but don't want to feel disappointed again.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:17 AM 06-02-2008
I'm not even sure I want to see it again. I've been thinking about going the last two weekends but don't want to feel disappointed again.
Id rather slip in the old DVD's of the old trilogy and watch those. My kids love them.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:13 PM 06-02-2008
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103618/

for those interested
[Reply]
beavis 10:59 PM 06-04-2008
I feel violated. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:00 AM 06-05-2008
I pretty much agree exactly with this review: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ER-CyEBjIxA
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:50 PM 06-11-2008
There's a PDF of frank darabonts original Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods online (but probably not for long...): http://www.pdfscreenplays.net/pdfscr...the%20Gods.pdf
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:53 PM 06-11-2008
God bless ye.

Edit- it's already taken down. Did you save it?
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:06 PM 06-11-2008
I did, but it's more than 5 MB. Let me see if I can get it into an uploadable size.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 37
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up