ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 146
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:51 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this isn't all that different from playing the Ravens. Hurts has better weapons on the outside than Lamar has ever had but Hurts also isn't as dynamic as Lamar was at his peak.
Hurts is a better passer than Lamar and their offensive coaching is much better. Baltimore runs a high school offense with Lamar. Plus, I don't think the Ravens defense was ever stronger with Lamar than the current Eagles DL. The two teams aren't similar at all.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:51 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
How physical will Cheffers' crew allow them to be? Against Tampa in the SB, they didn't allow the DBs to play at all.
It will hopefully help us that Mahomes>Hurts, there is no Brady and honestly this game is for Mahomes legacy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:51 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Hurts threw for 120 and less than 5 YPA.

His shoulder isn’t right in the slightest.

Game sets up nicely for the Chiefs.
the battle of the busted MVPs
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 09:55 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
There’s only one ball to go around.

You’re forgetting that Tyler Boyd also put up nearly 800 yards. Hurst also caught 52 balls for 400+ yards. Chase only played 12 games and still had a 1,000+ yards.

Goedert only caught 3 more passes than Hurst, but obviously did more with those catches. Brown and Smith both played 17 games, unlike Chase. Goedert + Watkins caught 22 fewer passes than Hurst and Boyd, which left more opportunities for Smith and Brown. Smith and Brown had like 40 more targets than Chase and Higgins.

The total yardage comparison across the top two wide receivers doesn’t tell the whole story. Both duos are sensational any way you look at it.
Absolutely correct. In no way was I trying to diminish the Cin receivers. Only that some here were underestimating both Brown and Smith.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:56 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Hurts is a better passer than Lamar and their offensive coaching is much better. Baltimore runs a high school offense with Lamar. Plus, I don't think the Ravens defense was ever stronger with Lamar than the current Eagles DL. The two teams aren't similar at all.
The Eagles numbers are inflated because they played a garbage schedule, their defense isn't nearly as good as it looks. On top of that Hurts shoulder is fucked, watch him throw.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:57 AM 01-31-2023
Mahomes will be 3 weeks removed from his high ankle sprain.

Hurts has had a lingering, probably surgical shoulder injury for the last 2/5ths of the season.

And Andy has the NFC’s number generally and the East specifically.
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 09:58 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And Chase missed 5 games. Your point?
Uh...I'll type more slowly for you...my point is exactly what I said. That Chase and Higgins are great but some are undervaluing Brown and Smith...sheesh.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:58 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the battle of the busted MVPs
Mahomes seemed about 75% at Cinci.

I expect 90% in the SB.

You can’t really rehab a torn rotator or labrum like an ankle.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Mahomes seemed about 75% at Cinci.

I expect 90% in the SB.

You can’t really rehab a torn rotator or labrum like an ankle.
Mahomes definitely looked better than I thought.

He made three amazing throws off his right foot that were lasers.

The one to MVS for six, the one to Hardman rolling to his left, the one to Kemp late in the game.

I'm hoping he gets more of his ability to pick up 10 yards when we need it going forward.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:04 AM 01-31-2023
As long as we can at least limit their pass rush we'll be fine.

I don't think Hurts can beat Mahomes unless Mahomes is getting crushed behind our line.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Youngbuck17:
Uh...I'll type more slowly for you...my point is exactly what I said. That Chase and Higgins are great but some are undervaluing Brown and Smith...sheesh.
Some...sure. I've already stated that the Eagles have a damn good team. AJ Brown has usually given this team issues in the past and Smith is kind of the unknown. I'm also not discounting Goedert either.
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 10:06 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Says to me he probably needs surgery on his labrum so it isn't gonna get better or worse and he just has to deal with it.

Also the Eagles are treating Hurts like he's a throwaway QB. I wonder if this is gonna become a thing in the NFL going forward. Team drafts young athletic QB, runs him into the ground for 4 years and when it's time to get paid they just draft another one. To basically avoid the big QB contract..
Perhaps, but word in the Philly media is that Hurts has been demanding to play since he got hurt. Front office and coaches said no until they lost the two games with the mustached wonder behind center. And then they wanted to get that first round bye and so he played the last game of the season.

I don't know that they're treating him like a throwaway QB, but I imagine it's in their head that he's about to get paid. As you know, once you pay that QB it's harder to build around them. Take your best shot now, if he needs surgery later then so be it? Cant' say I'd do anything different.
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 10:09 AM 01-31-2023
I haven't gotten to watch much of the Chiefs recently. What's your current evaluation of their WRs. Mahomes looked dang good even with the bum ankle, but still need dependable people to catch the ball besides Kelce. I assume Reid still runs alot of screens? He fricking loved screens in Philly.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:11 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
As long as we can at least limit their pass rush we'll be fine.

I don't think Hurts can beat Mahomes unless Mahomes is getting crushed behind our line.
The Andy Reid special, baby.

He has a million tricks of the trade to negate ferocious passrushes and even weaponize it against them.

They're going to be tough as hell up front but the Chiefs are going to have a lot of solutions. Brown will get his butt kicked some on the island, Wylie will get help, and the interior will either hold the fort down or die trying.

Mahomes will likely just have to navigate heat off the left edge, which he is smart and tough enough to do.

Of course, the Eagles have a lot of talent in their secondary, but that static zone has failed against Mahomes literally every time he's seen it in his career. It's a bad, bad scheme to play him with.

Assuming we get most of our guys back healthy, with a limited Hurts, I think this game is 60/40 Chiefs favor.
[Reply]
Holladay 10:19 AM 01-31-2023
We talk about their vaulted Oline but they were 11th in sacks given up with 44. Denver was the worst with 63. We gave up 26, which was 3rd best.

If their line is so good, how did they give up that many sacks?
[Reply]
Page 29 of 146
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up