ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 270
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:43 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Don't give a fuck what you think.
Tell us all how Hines fucking Ward was better than Hopkins, genius.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:49 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
My bad. I heard or read somewhere he was turning 32, but I didn't verify. You are right; he is 30 and will turn 31 in June.

Doesn't change my stance though one bit. He's on the wrong side of 30.
Well, I guess at least you now know DHop's actual age.

Btw, JR had SEVEN 1,000+ yd seasons after turning 30. At age 33 he caught 122 balls for over 1800 yards.

There's lots of WRs that have had several years of prime production after they turned 30. Too many to list here.

WRs prime years can stretch into their mid-30s regularly.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:02 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wtf? Didn't even address my post.

And who the hell is Shofner/Morgan/Jackson? As far as I can tell Shofner played in the 50s. Please.

Ellard? I mean, I liked Ellard, but seriously? Check your stats; he's not in the same ballpark. Never mind DHop has the huge advantage in hands.

Boldin? Again, liked him, but no. I mean, at least the stat lines are comparable, but just take 1st down receptions; both have 695, but Boldin played another 4 years to hit that number? DHop is already there. DHop is the better athlete, more versatile, better hands.

Hines? Really good player, close in some of the stats, sure hands and tough as nails, so pretty similar in several respects. Probably should be in the HOF, in my book. Not the same athlete though.

Smith? Decent comparison, except he doesn't have the production over the same period of time.

not to mention that some of those guys were strictly boundary guys, while DHop can play from anywhere.

But again, who cares about your idea of what an HOFer is supposed to be?:-)
No one cares who you think is a HOF'er either.

DHop was claimed to be a 1st ballot surefire HOF'er. I keep bringing up players who arguably have had better careers and are not in the HOF. DHop is not a 1st ballot HOF'er at this point. Claiming as much is just simply hyperbole. The 6-10 year idea you have that DHop will play is really wishful thinking, or not paying attention to father time, or just blatantly ignoring it. DHop won't play till he is 37-41 years old. His present track he is lucky to have 2 decent years of production left before it is noticeable of his decline. matter of a fact, his physical decline may already be showing it's ugly head. No wonder he wants a new contract for more money, more guaranteed money. I would to if it were my last pay day. Championship be damned.

Are you kidding me? How old are you that you you don't know who Stanley Morgan or Harold Jackson are? I thought you were older than me, at least. I can understand Shofner. But Morgan and Jackson? Come on. Boldin was beast. Period.

All of these guys are from a different era. Not quite the passing era so of course their numbers aren't going to be as inflated as todays players. Using simple yardage as a measure of success is dumb anyway.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:04 PM 03-03-2023
Just checked my notes from March 1, 2023... and its still a big fat NO
[Reply]
Stryker 06:15 PM 03-03-2023
NO! Why? Move forward with the youth injection!
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:17 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
No one cares who you think is a HOF'er either.

DHop was claimed to be a 1st ballot surefire HOF'er. I keep bringing up players who arguably have had better careers and are not in the HOF. DHop is not a 1st ballot HOF'er at this point. Claiming as much is just simply hyperbole. The 6-10 year idea you have that DHop will play is really wishful thinking, or not paying attention to father time, or just blatantly ignoring it. DHop won't play till he is 37-41 years old. His present track he is lucky to have 2 decent years of production left before it is noticeable of his decline. matter of a fact, his physical decline may already be showing it's ugly head. No wonder he wants a new contract for more money, more guaranteed money. I would to if it were my last pay day. Championship be damned.

Are you kidding me? How old are you that you you don't know who Stanley Morgan or Harold Jackson are? I thought you were older than me, at least. I can understand Shofner. But Morgan and Jackson? Come on. Boldin was beast. Period.

All of these guys are from a different era. Not quite the passing era so of course their numbers aren't going to be as inflated as todays players. Using simple yardage as a measure of success is dumb anyway.
Whoa, I never said he was a surefire 1st ballot HOFer, someone else did. I said he was a probable HOFer.

Also, I didn't say he'd play another 6-10 years; I said he'd probably be voted in the HOF somewhere in the next 6-10 years depending on how long he played. My thought is about 3-4 more years, with a two year hedge.

And Boldin was a pretty good boundary WR, but not nearly the athlete that DHop is, and never had DHop's hands. that's not even speculation, those are just facts.

There's more than one Stanley Morgan, so I'm unclear on him. We talking about the one from the 80s? Because I didn't watch NE back then.

Harold I had to look up, but I remember him a little now. Great moves after the catch, very elusive. Unfortunately too far back for me to remember very much other than his elusiveness.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:20 PM 03-03-2023
We just bucked a record this season that maybe some of you guys are unaware of.

Mahomes won the SB while counting over 17% of the salary cap. Nobody else has EVER won a SB while counting that much of the cap. Know why? Because it handicaps your ability to field a championship level team. Guess what he'll be in '23? MORE. And in '24.

In '25, it's estimated that he'll drop into a more manageable range. (Previous high was Steve Young, at 13%, Mahomes gets into that range in '25.)

Until then, we're going to be draft heavy, and FA light. Just get used to it. It's okay! We've already won a SB this way. Just keep stacking good football players and Andy, Spags, and Patrick will figure it out.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 06:33 PM 03-03-2023
Mecole Hardman doesnt have much of a market after an injury riddled season and comes back on a one year deal. Trade for DHop for a 2023 3rd and 2024 5th.

The below receiving core paired with Mahomes and Kelce SHATTER every single scoring record.

DHop
Toney
MVS
Hardman
Moore
Rookie WR
[Reply]
emaw1979 06:36 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well, I guess at least you now know DHop's actual age.

Btw, JR had SEVEN 1,000+ yd seasons after turning 30. At age 33 he caught 122 balls for over 1800 yards.

There's lots of WRs that have had several years of prime production after they turned 30. Too many to list here.

WRs prime years can stretch into their mid-30s regularly.
I'm fine with gambling and hoping he's not another Julio Jones IF the price is a 4th rounder. If it's a 2nd then I'd hope Veech runs away as fast as he could.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:38 PM 03-03-2023
He's going to be 31 when the season starts. He missed the final 2 games of the season because he strained his knee. The same knee that he tore his MCL in the year before. Before he tore his MCL he missed 3 games because of a hamstring strain.

That's not encouraging.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:38 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Mecole Hardman doesnt have much of a market after an injury riddled season and comes back on a one year deal. Trade for DHop for a 2023 3rd and 2024 5th.

The below receiving core paired with Mahomes and Kelce SHATTER every single scoring record.

DHop
Toney
MVS
Hardman
Moore
Rookie WR
Not going to lie, that looks good on paper.

If you could get it done for a 3rd and a future 5th, and Hopkins doesn’t demand a new deal, I could handle it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:39 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Mahomes won the SB while counting over 17% of the salary cap. Nobody else has EVER won a SB while counting that much of the cap. Know why? Because it handicaps your ability to field a championship level team. Guess what he'll be in '23? MORE. And in '24.

In '25, it's estimated that he'll drop into a more manageable range. (Previous high was Steve Young, at 13%, Mahomes gets into that range in '25.)

Until then, we're going to be draft heavy, and FA light. Just get used to it. It's okay! We've already won a SB this way. Just keep stacking good football players and Andy, Spags, and Patrick will figure it out.
I'm just going to re-post this periodically until we understand.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:40 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

22% of the cap in 2023. We’ll see how it goes!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:42 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Well, I can make this prediction: We ain't signing fucking Hopkins. Or any other high priced free agent.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:43 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yeah, if it were any other team, I'd say we're fucked. Can't give 20%+ of the cap to any player and hope to win the SB. But Mahomes is the Great Eraser. Problem becomes what is the number for Mahomes? Is it 22%? 24%? he is human, as is Andy and Travis, so at some point the weight becomes too much to bear.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 270
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up