ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 27
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:02 PM 01-08-2019
Despite what some think about dome teams, I think a wet or sloppy field is a disadvantage for us.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:06 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Despite what some think about dome teams, I think a wet or sloppy field is a disadvantage for us.
I think wet is more worrisome for db's trying to keep hill and Watkins underneath.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:20 PM 01-08-2019
It's also a team playing its second consecutive road game that is not accustomed to those conditions.

Fuck 'em. I want it cold and miserable. Last time we had lovely weather for a Colts playoff game was 2004. No thank you.
[Reply]
O.city 02:47 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's also a team playing its second consecutive road game that is not accustomed to those conditions.

**** 'em. I want it cold and miserable. Last time we had lovely weather for a Colts playoff game was 2004. No thank you.
Wasn't it like 8 degrees in 95 for the COlts?
[Reply]
Frazod 02:49 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
That was Harbaugh v. Bono. This ain't that.
[Reply]
Nzoner 02:53 PM 01-08-2019
As I recall it got below zero,it was the late game so like a 3:25 kick,once the sun went down,holy crap,I literally thought parts of my beard were going to snap.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:57 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
As I recall it got below zero,it was the late game so like a 3:25 kick,once the sun went down,holy crap,I literally thought parts of my beard were going to snap.
I've been to over 50 games at Arrowhead over the last 30 years and that was by far the coldest one, by quite a bit... sucked balls, it had to be like kicking a peice of wood, but he still should have made 1 fucking FG...:-)
[Reply]
TEX 03:01 PM 01-08-2019
Think 13 degrees at game time but temps dropped, so you might be right. It was the COLDEST game I've ever attended, much colder than Pitt a few years ago. Temps really didnt bother me at first, but I got colder and colder with each missed FG. By the time we lost, I was FREEZING MY AZZZZ OFF. It was a completely MISERABLE experience :-)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:49 PM 01-08-2019
Yes. It was soul-zappingly cold.

The thing I’ll never forget is when Lin Elliott missed his third kick and the game was lost how I could hear a small section of celebrating Colts fans all together in the top bowl on the other side of the field (and two levels up). It was so cold and so quiet you could hear their cheers in the opposite corner two levels down.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:56 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Yes. It was soul-zappingly cold.

The thing I’ll never forget is when the kicker that shall go unnamedt missed his third kick and the game was lost how I could hear a small section of celebrating Colts fans all together in the top bowl on the other side of the field (and two levels up). It was so cold and so quiet you could hear their cheers in the opposite corner two levels down.
That is - always - the worst part of leaving a Chiefs playoff game on the wrong side. Hearing the minority fans like they're on the loudspeaker at a funeral and watching the opposing team like they're in a Chuckie-Cheese-bouncy-house dance onto the field.

Make. It. Stop.
[Reply]
otherstar 10:30 AM 01-09-2019
It was frigid. High of 9, low of -9, and wind chill well below that.

The Chiefs v. Colts game in question was actually played on 1/7/1996 and here is the historical weather data from that day.

I was there and have never been more miserable in my now 48 year old life. It might have been more bearable had the Chiefs won, but it was still freaking cold and my moustache had icicles in it. My feet got so cold, despite my hiking boots, and 2 pairs of heavy socks, that I swore I was going to have frostbite afterwards (thankfully, I didn't).
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:11 AM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by otherstar:
It was frigid. High of 9, low of -9, and wind chill well below that.

The Chiefs v. Colts game in question was actually played on 1/7/1996 and here is the historical weather data from that day.

I was there and have never been more miserable in my now 48 year old life. It might have been more bearable had the Chiefs won, but it was still freaking cold and my moustache had icicles in it. My feet got so cold, despite my hiking boots, and 2 pairs of heavy socks, that I swore I was going to have frostbite afterwards (thankfully, I didn't).
I think it is the 3rd coldest game on record for the NFl. Worst one I ever went to in all my years as a season ticket holder.

You know it is cold when you buy a Hot Chocolate and by the time you get to your seat, there is a layer of ice on top of it.
[Reply]
EyePod 09:00 AM 01-11-2019
I think it doesn't help Luck. His away splits are significantly worse. He's also worse on grass as well.

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck...tuationalstats

Overall, I think the game will be starting in the temperature bucket of "not a big deal" http://archive.advancedfootballanaly...n-passing.html
[Reply]
BWillie 03:28 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by EyePod:
I think it doesn't help Luck. His away splits are significantly worse. He's also worse on grass as well.

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck...tuationalstats

Overall, I think the game will be starting in the temperature bucket of "not a big deal" http://archive.advancedfootballanaly...n-passing.html
I have no clue why people think this HELPS the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are the worst rushing defense in the NFL. If there is anything the Chiefs are good at defensively, it's stopping the pass. We have fucking terrible middle linebackers and safeties. We get obliterated by great running schemes.

Having it snow during the game is the absolute worst possible outcome. It doesn't mean we will lose - but it SIGNIFICANTLY neutralizes the league MVP in Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is good when he's running around, zigging and zagging, throwing at weird arm angles. This is going to be almost impossible in snow. He's going to have to stay in the pocket, and we are going to have to be successful in the run and hold onto the football.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 27
1 234511 > Last »
Up