View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 289 of 343
« First < 189239279285286287288289 290291292293299339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 06:36 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
OBJ can't handle speed rushers, especially when they just tee off on him, and KC often just flat refuses to run the ball to keep them honest.

If that's how we're going to operate (and let's face it, I don't think Andy Reid is going to change his stripes) then OBJ is a bad fit here, period.

In an at least somewhat balanced offense, he'd probably be fine, but even then I'm not paying him top of the market.

We need to move on. We can get the same level of production at a much lesser cost. Possibly, we even have a guy or two on this roster that can be middling at LT.
Not only that, he is crippling the offense. We have become a dink and dunk team, and as a result we're more prone to turning the ball over. We can't run a good part of the downfield stuff because Mahomes does not get the protection that he needs. And I think if they moved OBJ to RT, in this offense the problems would follow him there. He"s just a bad fit for THIS offense, and they need to move on and upgrade, which will not be that hard.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:44 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I have no effing clue why anyone wants this guy back...for any amount really. We can get 98% of the production from someone else for 400% lower cost.

If you ask me, this is a good thing he performed so bad this year. Its going to save us a ton of money and super credit for Veach and Co for recognizing he wasn't good enough.
Seems to be the overwhelming majority feel this way, I mean really nothing to debate it's not going to work out.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:45 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not only that, he is crippling the offense. We have become a dink and dunk team, and as a result we're more prone to turning the ball over. We can't run a good part of the downfield stuff because Mahomes does not get the protection that he needs. And I think if they moved OBJ to RT, in this offense the problems would follow him there. He"s just a bad fit for THIS offense, and they need to move on and upgrade, which will not be that hard.
Yet if you look at the nfl passing stats leaders, Mahomes is tied for the lead in 40+ yard receptions with 11.

And in 20+ yard receptions, he is 12 ahead of the field with 62 completions.

Not defending OBJ. But the numbers don't support the case that he is crippling our offense.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-sta...yardseach/DESC
[Reply]
Valiant 08:10 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Yet if you look at the nfl passing stats leaders, Mahomes is tied for the lead in 40+ yard receptions with 11.

Not defending OBJ. But the numbers don't support the case that he is crippling our offense.

When we could probably get 3x that from an actual elite Lt. Mahomes gets those plays from running from the pressure constantly. He just doesn't pass the eye test when determining how mahomes is so good.
[Reply]
TEX 09:21 AM 12-19-2022

Very misleading....For example that flip pass to McKenon against Denver went for a 60 yard TD yet only traveled 10 yards in the air. It counts as gaoning 20+ yards downfield..
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:44 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Very misleading....For example that flip pass to McKenon against Denver went for a 60 yard TD yet only traveled 10 yards in the air. It counts as gaoning 20+ yards downfield..
I'm pretty sure those types of plays count for other teams as well so I don't know how comparing these stats to other teams is misleading.
[Reply]
TEX 01:52 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I'm pretty sure those types of plays count for other teams as well so I don't know how comparing these stats to other teams is misleading.
Its misleading b/c they are not deep route shock plays that require the OL to protect the QB so he has the time needed to throw them.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:38 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
When we could probably get 3x that from an actual elite Lt. Mahomes gets those plays from running from the pressure constantly. He just doesn't pass the eye test when determining how mahomes is so good.
Fine. Go get your elite LT. Hell, I'd prefer to have elite players at EVERY position. Just think how much better we would be! Somebody tell Beach!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:25 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Fine. Go get your elite LT. Hell, I'd prefer to have elite players at EVERY position. Just think how much better we would be! Somebody tell Beach!
I'll take consistently average or above average at this point.
[Reply]
FringeNC 03:35 PM 12-19-2022
Mahomes production is insane given the two tackles we have. Allen and even Burrow have much more opportunity to throw the ball downfield.

If we're going to make a playoff run, Mahomes is going to have to do what he was doing in the last three quarters yesterday, and we can't have any fumbles.

Edit: It's fine to pay a lot of money to difference makers, also fine to pay replacement level players next to nothing, but you can't pay below average players like they are stars.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:47 PM 12-19-2022

He might not be crippling our offense, but he isn't worth crippling our salary cap for either...

If he's willing to sign a team friendly deal for JAG money... Sure.

I can't see that happening.
[Reply]
O.city 04:07 PM 12-19-2022
The same people bitching about OBJ will be here bitching about the rookie LT next year.

Should be fun.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:12 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The point is obj wants elite Lt pay. He is bottom 3rd player.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:27 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The same people bitching about OBJ will be here bitching about the rookie LT next year.

Should be fun.
That rookie LT making maybe $3-5 million in year 1 is MUCH more acceptable than Brown looking to get $25 million for shitty play.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:38 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
That rookie LT making maybe $3-5 million in year 1 is MUCH more acceptable than Brown looking to get $25 million for shitty play.
I have zero issue with letting him walk. But I'd love to know who folks think we're going to get in the draft that will be an upgrade.
[Reply]
Page 289 of 343
« First < 189239279285286287288289 290291292293299339 > Last »
Up