View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 288 of 343
« First < 188238278284285286287288 289290291292298338 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:03 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we give OBJ a new deal, we better focus on WRs that can get open quickly because we will rarely “have time to run WASP”. Opposing teams will add speed rushers to make problems for our offense and unless OBJ grows new feet, it will work.

I still think hitting bid again for Silverback or moving up for Darrisaw was the love but adding OBJ was a solid move if they still think they can unlock more potential in him that fans do t see.

He’s better now than he was at this point last year, but his troubles with TH are very concerning.

And replicatable for our opponents that study that tape of their matchups this year and last.
There is no more potential. He had a poor RAS score showing below average athleticism for a left tackle. He started 3 years at left tackle in the Big 12 yet was still only a 3rd round pick. This is always the player he was. To be fair, he has very much outplayed what his athletic profile would suggest, but he’s started for 8 years between college and the NFL at this point, there’s no hidden potential there. He’s only going to get worse once he gets paid and with age.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:22 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
There is no more potential. He had a poor RAS score showing below average athleticism for a left tackle. He started 3 years at left tackle in the Big 12 yet was still only a 3rd round pick. This is always the player he was. To be fair, he has very much outplayed what his athletic profile would suggest, but he’s started for 8 years between college and the NFL at this point, there’s no hidden potential there. He’s only going to get worse once he gets paid and with age.
RAS score means jack and shit. It sure as fuck isn't some predictor of future improvement and potential. You're just so stupid it's incredible.

Mitchell Schwartz had a 2.3 RAS score, so you saying he never improved and was the same player he was in college? Fuck you're dumb
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:42 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
He was a dominant RT.... Move there and get paid 10% more than the highest RT. We don't need him "protecting" Mahomes blind side.
Whether he deserved it or not, he also went to the pro bowl as a LT.

And although he may be better suited for RT, he is better suited for a run first team that has Lamar at QB so speed rushers are afraid to lose contain.

And he ain't going back to RT anyway...
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:35 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
He was a dominant RT.... Move there and get paid 10% more than the highest RT. We don't need him "protecting" Mahomes blind side.
There it is.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:47 PM 12-16-2022
Well if that's your plan, why not move him to guard and save even more money and not worry about him getting beat by speed rushers at all?

:-)
[Reply]
TEX 06:26 AM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Whether he deserved it or not, he also went to the pro bowl as a LT.

And although he may be better suited for RT, he is better suited for a run first team that has Lamar at QB so speed rushers are afraid to lose contain.

And he ain't going back to RT anyway...
Exactly the case. He's not a good fit at LT in KC's offense because any defensive scheme will put a great deal of up field pressure on the Tackles. Way different than playing Tackle in a hybrid offense with LamarvJackson at QB. Its really that simple.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:32 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly the case. He's not a good fit at LT in KC's offense because any defensive scheme will put a great deal of up field pressure on the Tackles. Way different than playing Tackle in a hybrid offense with LamarvJackson at QB. Its really that simple.
That's pretty much the long and short of the matter. Brown wants to be paid like the player he can be in an offensive scheme we don't run. It's just not a good fit at all.

Seems like these scenarios it's always best to just shake hands and move on.
[Reply]
J Diddy 02:21 AM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
3X Pro Bowl?
once at his current position.

He ain't making it this year.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:49 AM 12-18-2022
I was watching the sports on KSHB (I think) yesterday. They had a small clip with OBJ talking about protecting Mahomes. Paraphrasing, he said something like:

I know we are giving up a few too many pressures and need to improve there, but we are winning a lot of games and are leading the NFL in passing and scoring, so...

Again, I am paraphrasing. But hopefully you get the point.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:55 AM 12-18-2022
OBJ can't handle speed rushers, especially when they just tee off on him, and KC often just flat refuses to run the ball to keep them honest.

If that's how we're going to operate (and let's face it, I don't think Andy Reid is going to change his stripes) then OBJ is a bad fit here, period.

In an at least somewhat balanced offense, he'd probably be fine, but even then I'm not paying him top of the market.

We need to move on. We can get the same level of production at a much lesser cost. Possibly, we even have a guy or two on this roster that can be middling at LT.
[Reply]
-King- 09:07 AM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I was watching the sports on KSHB (I think) yesterday. They had a small clip with OBJ talking about protecting Mahomes. Paraphrasing, he said something like:

I know we are giving up a few too many pressures and need to improve there, but we are winning a lot of games and are leading the NFL in passing and scoring, so...

Again, I am paraphrasing. But hopefully you get the point.
Just because we have the best QB that may have ever played the game doesn't mean we should be ok with underperforming players
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:11 AM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
RAS score means jack and shit. It sure as **** isn't some predictor of future improvement and potential. You're just so stupid it's incredible.

Mitchell Schwartz had a 2.3 RAS score, so you saying he never improved and was the same player he was in college? **** you're dumb
And yet his NFL results speak for themselves and align with his RAS score. He’s limited athletically and can’t handle speed and can be bull rushed as well because he’s likely so worried about speed that he can be put on his heels.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:12 AM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Just because we have the best QB that may have ever played the game doesn't mean we should be ok with underperforming players
There are going to be some mediocre players on a roster where you're paying an elite QB with a salary cap.

It's imperative that we don't OVERPAY for mediocre, though.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:55 PM 12-18-2022
Dear Andy,

We had faith in you, we have sat by and watched enough of OBJ & Wylie become a turnstile at the tackle positions. Teams are loading up and applying speed rushers, putting our franchise QB in jeopardy way too often. Something must be done about this or it's a 1 & done in the playoffs this year! We can not expect Chad Henne and our sorry defense to compete in any game, much less a playoff game.

OBJ is not a premium LT. I may be wrong here but I can't help but think this proposed move wouldn't be better in pass protection, plus it wouldn't be a liability in run blocking.

The switch.....move and playthis way on the OL.

Thuney - LT
Allegretti - LG
Humphrey - C
Smith - RG
OBJ - RT

I just don't see how it could be any worst!
[Reply]
BWillie 03:59 AM 12-19-2022
I have no effing clue why anyone wants this guy back...for any amount really. We can get 98% of the production from someone else for 400% lower cost.

If you ask me, this is a good thing he performed so bad this year. Its going to save us a ton of money and super credit for Veach and Co for recognizing he wasn't good enough.
[Reply]
Page 288 of 343
« First < 188238278284285286287288 289290291292298338 > Last »
Up