View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 287 of 343
« First < 187237277283284285286287 288289290291297337 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:16 PM 12-15-2022
He sucked against Cincy, but all players have bad games. Outside of that he's been at worst, slightly above average in some games and at his best he's been pretty damn dominant.

You all need to get used to it. They are going to sign him long term and he's going to be paid top 3-5 money.

Frank Clark had his most dominant performance of his time here against CP's favorite LT Trent Williams. Most of you all would still love to have him, but could you imagine if OBJ was dominated by a piece of trash like Rank Clark.
[Reply]
TEX 09:19 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He sucked against Cincy, but all players have bad games. Outside of that he's been at worst, slightly above average in some games and at his best he's been pretty damn dominant.

You all need to get used to it. They are going to sign him long term and he's going to be paid top 3-5 money.

Frank Clark had his most dominant performance of his time here against CP's favorite LT Trent Williams. Most of you all would still love to have him, but could you imagine if OBJ was dominated by a piece of trash like Rank Clark.
When has OBJ been pretty damn dominant this season? Did I miss something? :-)
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:20 PM 12-15-2022

[Reply]
-King- 09:43 PM 12-15-2022

He's one of the league leaders in pressures allowed. That's top 3-5 money worth?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:23 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Is that a serious argument?
Can you find me another reason a guy who leads the league in pressures allowed thinks he deserves a $25 million dollar per year contract?

He's an entitled second generation athlete. His name is bigger than his game and he's clearly trying to use it to his advantage. Everyone assumes his ceiling is as high as his dad's, and it's painstakingly clear that is absolutely not the case.

The Chiefs could get the exact same level of play out of Geron Christian for 1/10 of what Brown is asking.
[Reply]
-King- 08:45 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Can you find me another reason a guy who leads the league in pressures allowed thinks he deserves a $25 million dollar per year contract?

He's an entitled second generation athlete. His name is bigger than his game and he's clearly trying to use it to his advantage. Everyone assumes his ceiling is as high as his dad's, and it's painstakingly clear that is absolutely not the case.

The Chiefs could get the exact same level of play out of Geron Christian for 1/10 of what Brown is asking.
Orlando Brown wasn't an NFL legend lol
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:11 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Orlando Brown wasn't an NFL legend lol
Maybe not a legend, but a very recognizable name. You don’t think it had anything to do with the Ravens drafting him? The same organization that drafted his dad? Of course it did.

If you don’t think Brown Jr. has benefited at all from his dad’s reputation, I guess that’s your call. I’ve personally never seen a less talented player get propped up so much.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:27 PM 12-16-2022

3X Pro Bowl?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:35 PM 12-16-2022

lol wut
[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:58 PM 12-16-2022

To say the team is being influenced by his surname is laughable.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:01 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
lol wut
:-) Seriously. He was responsible for the most pressures allowed and 47th out of 54th in % of pressures allowed BEFORE the Cincinnati game.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:24 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
To say the team is being influenced by his surname is laughable.
It’s not directly because of his name, it’s the inflated reputation he has because of it. People think he’s good because he goes to Pro Bowls. Whenever I talk to Packer fans about going after Yosh Nijman, and they ask me why I would want him when we have Brown. That’s how he’s perceived. They don’t realize how much he blows, because he’s a big name guy.

Besides, I didn’t say the Chiefs were being influenced. I said he’s holding them hostage thinking they will over pay. They didn’t cave to his outlandish demands the first time around, and I hope they just cut their losses and walk away this offseason too, which I think they will. I’m saying Brown’s opinion of himself is inflated because of his pedigree. Obviously the Chiefs don’t agree, so far.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:27 PM 12-16-2022

Considering that Cincy is a team we could very well see again in not just the playoffs, but the foreseeable future, sucking against them is not a good thing.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:15 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Considering that Cincy is a team we could very well see again in not just the playoffs, but the foreseeable future, sucking against them is not a good thing.
If we give OBJ a new deal, we better focus on WRs that can get open quickly because we will rarely “have time to run WASP”. Opposing teams will add speed rushers to make problems for our offense and unless OBJ grows new feet, it will work.

I still think hitting bid again for Silverback or moving up for Darrisaw was the love but adding OBJ was a solid move if they still think they can unlock more potential in him that fans do t see.

He’s better now than he was at this point last year, but his troubles with TH are very concerning.

And replicatable for our opponents that study that tape of their matchups this year and last.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 09:36 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
3X Pro Bowl?
He was a dominant RT.... Move there and get paid 10% more than the highest RT. We don't need him "protecting" Mahomes blind side.
[Reply]
Page 287 of 343
« First < 187237277283284285286287 288289290291297337 > Last »
Up