View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 286 of 343
« First < 186236276282283284285286 287288289290296336 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
notorious 04:27 PM 12-15-2022
That wasn't his only game where he's been beaten like a drum.

Of course he can redeem himself, but watching the games appears unlikely. The warts are too obvious.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:15 PM 12-15-2022
We should tag him just to let the rest of the NFL set his market so we don't have to be the team that tells him his expectations are WAY out of line.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:16 PM 12-15-2022
My worry about him is that you never know which Brown Jr you are getting. You can’t pay top 5 or market setting money to a LT who is good sometimes and at other times is awful. I would be fine if KC kept him for a fair market price. I think tagging him again is a bad idea and it will be hard to trade him as there aren’t many teams that are run heavy with a need for a LT. If he wants more than he’s worth then let him walk and get the comp pick for him.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:25 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
My worry about him is that you never know which Brown Jr you are getting. You can’t pay top 5 or market setting money to a LT who is good sometimes and at other times is awful. I would be fine if KC kept him for a fair market price. I think tagging him again is a bad idea and it will be hard to trade him as there aren’t many teams that are run heavy with a need for a LT. If he wants more than he’s worth then let him walk and get the comp pick for him.
I don't think we can trade him unless we tag him? I could be wrong though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:30 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
That wasn't his only game where he's been beaten like a drum.

Of course he can redeem himself, but watching the games appears unlikely. The warts are too obvious.
Yep. His worst games have been against the other contenders in our conference.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:35 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I don't think we can trade him unless we tag him? I could be wrong though.
We can’t, that is correct. Not sure there would be takers out there. If we weren’t able to trade him we are stuck with him for another year (assuming he signs) at an insane contract.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:48 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
We can’t, that is correct. Not sure there would be takers out there. If we weren’t able to trade him we are stuck with him for another year (assuming he signs) at an insane contract.
Can't a team rescind the tag?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:52 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Can't a team rescind the tag?
Only if he's refused to sign up to that point.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:59 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Only if he's refused to sign up to that point.
Since he took that to August last season, chances are probably high that he would repeat that scenario, even though he was agent hunting for much of that time/process earlier this year.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:38 PM 12-15-2022
I know Soren Petro talks about trading for Tunsil daily but it's a pretty big question mark if they're willing to deal him at all.

Remember the Cowboys tried to get him last offseason and the Texans wouldn't budge, party because they would lose more than $16 million in dead cap in 2022 and 2023 by moving him
[Reply]
TEX 06:43 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I know Soren Petro talks about trading for Tunsil daily but it's a pretty big question mark if they're willing to deal him at all.

Remember the Cowboys tried to get him last offseason and the Texans wouldn't budge, party because they would lose more than $16 million in dead cap in 2022 and 2023 by moving him
They likely won't trade him now. They really like him now. They have a good set of Tackles and they're going to draft a franchise QB with pick #1. They'll need good book ends. They also made Tunsil Team Captain.
[Reply]
jettio 06:56 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
We should tag him just to let the rest of the NFL set his market so we don't have to be the team that tells him his expectations are WAY out of line.
Huh?

Doesn't Unrestricted FA determine the market value better than anything else?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:57 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Huh?

Doesn't Unrestricted FA determine the market value better than anything else?
Only if the Chiefs have no interest any almost any price point, I seriously doubt that is the case though. If they can get him to sign a contract that they consider fair and reasonable, he will be here.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:26 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
They likely won't trade him now. They really like him now. They have a good set of Tackles and they're going to draft a franchise QB with pick #1. They'll need good book ends. They also made Tunsil Team Captain.
Yeah, as we know by now franchise LTs don’t grow on trees. Not sure why they would get rid of one considering they are rebuilding and like you said drafting a QB this year.
[Reply]
jettio 08:53 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Only if the Chiefs have no interest any almost any price point, I seriously doubt that is the case though. If they can get him to sign a contract that they consider fair and reasonable, he will be here.
I think Chiefs either resign him before or after free agency or he signs with another team in free agency.

Seems unlikely they would do another franchise tag.
[Reply]
Page 286 of 343
« First < 186236276282283284285286 287288289290296336 > Last »
Up