ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 286 of 324
« First < 186236276282283284285286 287288289290296 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:29 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Second round pick?

With Mahomes contract and a few of the other guys a second round pick basically has to play unless you strike gold late.
Sign one of the veterans like OBJ or Hopkins or attempt to make a move at the deadline. They chose to do neither and specifical cited Moore as a reason.
[Reply]
notorious 12:30 PM 12-12-2023
All of these years I thought a franchise QB would make the WRs. We didn't need talent, just average guys and the franchise QB would lift them to levels above what they really are.

Man was I wrong.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:30 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
If you step back and look at it they are on a similar path they were before, we just decided to keep our heads shoved up our ass because of the SB.
I make this reference all the time but the Patriots tripped ass backwards into Tom Brady, that isn't a repeatable strategy..

The Chiefs basically did the same when winning the SB last year. It required the greatest QB season of all time and an aging TE being the best he's ever been...the Chiefs response was to ask them to do it again with even less around them.

That's not a repeatable strategy.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:31 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Sign one of the veterans like OBJ or Hopkins or attempt to make a move at the deadline. They chose to do neither and specifical cited Moore as a reason.
They seem pretty stubborn in admitting they botched a pick. CEH is still here.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:32 PM 12-12-2023
The deadline thing is they have 6 picks and probably didn't think anyone they could trade for would pick up the offense fast enough to be helpful.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:32 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
All of these years I thought a franchise QB would make the WRs. We didn't need talent, just average guys and the franchise QB would lift them to levels above what they really are.

Man was I wrong.
Mahomes CAN elevate average guys.

You put JuJu from last year and Nelson Agholor and Zach Pascale on this roster and we are the 1 seed and SB favorite.

Possible because Kelce and Mahomes.

But we don't have average. The guys we are running out there aren't even playable for most teams in their top 3-4.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:33 PM 12-12-2023
I make this reference all the time but the Patriots tripped ass backwards into Tom Brady, that isn't a repeatable strategy..

The Chiefs basically did the same when winning the SB last year. It required the greatest QB season of all time and an aging TE being the best he's ever been...the Chiefs response was to ask them to do it again with even less around them.

That's not a repeatable strategy.
And if the goal was to run it back (flawed idea because the WRs sucked last year too), they should have just kept JuJu or signed someone comparable.

They didn't even do that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:33 PM 12-12-2023
They seem pretty stubborn in admitting they botched a pick. CEH is still here.
CEH and Moore aren't even in the same stratosphere. CEH actually flashed as a rookie and I'm not convinced that injury against the Saints permanently altered his career for the worse. Moore has NEVER shown ANYTHING at this level outside of a couple of games of bare minimum competence.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:35 PM 12-12-2023
CEH and Moore aren't even in the same stratosphere. CEH actually flashed as a rookie and I'm not convinced that injury against the Saints permanently altered his career for the worse. Moore has NEVER shown ANYTHING at this level outside of a couple of games of bare minimum competence.
Fair point, it may come down to them still thinking he's the player they evaluated for the draft and not the player he is in the NFL.

Veach loves to sign guys he had high draft grades on, it's how Ronald Jones ended up here.
[Reply]
notorious 12:37 PM 12-12-2023
LOL CEH.

A dude I compared to Emmitt Smith when we drafted him.

Let's just turn this into "Notrious's stupid takes" day. Might take more than a day to fit everything in.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:37 PM 12-12-2023
Ever since he got fatter he's serviceable as the second or third man in a RBBC. Moore is literally worthless. He's probably worse than Speaks respectively.
[Reply]
notorious 12:38 PM 12-12-2023
Ever since he got fatter he's serviceable as the second or third man in a RBBC. Moore is literally worthless. He's probably worse than Speaks respectively.
CEH has improved. Thankgiving plumped him up and now he's producing.

:-)
[Reply]
Pinchshot 12:40 PM 12-12-2023
Part of the problem is how many WR's they tried to get up to speed. They took the first part of the year to see who was worth getting more reps. That's cool. But then they found out that Skyy and MVS were taking too many reps away. Unfortunately they found that out too late.

Rice and Toney need to be in on 80 pct of the plays. That's the juice.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 12-12-2023
I dunno man, most people would tell you going with our WR room without at least adding a couple of vets to make them win the jobs is also shortsighted.

Like having your vet be MVS is really stupid, he isn't consistent, he doesn't really do anything well, what is he gonna teach guys? That you can stick around awhile if you can run fast in a straight line and play with HOF QB's?

As much as they are probably washed, it would have probably be in the Chiefs interest to bring guys like Jarvis Landry and TY Hilton to camp and make Skyy Moore actually beat them out.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:41 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
Part of the problem is how many WR's they tried to get up to speed. They took the first part of the year to see who was worth getting more reps. That's cool. But then they found out that Skyy and MVS were taking too many reps away. Unfortunately they found that out too late.

Rice and Toney need to be in on 80 pct of the plays. That's the juice.
The rotation they do is really really idiotic.
[Reply]
Page 286 of 324
« First < 186236276282283284285286 287288289290296 > Last »
Up