ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 285 of 324
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 12:15 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
2022 JJSS: 78 receptions for 933 yards and 3 TDs

2023 Rice: projected 77 receptions for 867 yards and 8 TDs

And yes, Rice CAN do the same shit Juju did. We just saw him do it against the Bills.
Rice is being used mainly as a manufactured target WR, why do you think he has so many catches so close to the LOS? Yes they are working him into doing other things but for the most part this year he's a manufactured catch guy.
[Reply]
notorious 12:15 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
It made me sick we missed on him. Homer goggles them got in the way. Why do we listen to camp reports from clueless homer hacks again?
"One of the best WR groups in the NFL"

My god I was ****ing reeruned.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:15 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He is not the same player and as you have already said their usage has been different.

I think Rice does need to move to the chain mover role NOW. Good signs in the Buffalo game but no more babying him. We need him now so use him now.
It's on the coaching staff that he's just started doing the intermediate work more consistently.. He had a fantastic TD early in the year where he hunkered down into a zone in the back of the end zone. He's been capable of it literally the entire time, but instead he's been doing the gimmicky shit until recently.
[Reply]
-King- 12:16 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Is Taylor better than OBJ? We were either signing OBJ for his asking price, probably north of $20 mil at the time or we were replacing him. OBJ found out the market was soft on his skills and signed for less. As I asked Tex, what would you have done?

And again, stop with the penalties. Even some of the holding calls have been marginal compared to the Oline's opponents in the same game. They officials, as has been said many times, obviously have his number. That will subside.
They'll subside to his normal 8-10 per year? Yay?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:16 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Is Taylor better than OBJ? We were either signing OBJ for his asking price, probably north of $20 mil at the time or we were replacing him. OBJ found out the market was soft on his skills and signed for less. As I asked Tex, what would you have done?

And again, stop with the penalties. Even some of the holding calls have been marginal compared to the Oline's opponents in the same game. They officials, as has been said many times, obviously have his number. That will subside.
You also have to factor in the Chiefs didn't think the NFL was going to single out Taylor for the way he plays when he was signed. He played that way his entire career, Lane Johnson still plays that way.

Hindsight is always 20/20
[Reply]
Mecca 12:17 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
"One of the best WR groups in the NFL"

My god I was ****ing reeruned.
It's easy to see upside and wanna bet on it, many of us forget the floor of that WR room was bottom barrel.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:20 PM 12-12-2023
And I have NO idea what Moore could've possibly shown in his sophomore camp that Reid gave him so much grace but that was a massive mistake.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:22 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I don't get why people keep bringing up Chris Jones. It had nothing to do with it.

If Veach wanted to create some artificial restriction where he can't sign FA's based on what Chris Jones was going to do it was completely self-created.

Mahomes roster bonus was always there to grab what was needed. They could have converted some and left it sitting there unused for traded deadline too.

Then even if no one is there, the money rolls forward.

Just basic cap management and our GM doesn't seem to understand how to do it.
Just say you have no idea how the cap works or how this situation was affected by it.

This isn't madden
[Reply]
notorious 12:25 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's easy to see upside and wanna bet on it, many of us forget the floor of that WR room was bottom barrel.
I was just stupid. It happens. Couple of shit WR's catch wide open touchdowns in a Superbowl thanks to Mahomes and Andy and I thought we really have something.

On top of it, MVS has balled out ONE time while pulling near 11 mil from our cap. That's inconceivable.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:26 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just say you have no idea how the cap works or how this situation was affected by it.

This isn't madden

The cap isn't hard to understand unless you are Veach or one of his reeruned apologists.

Money can be moved into the future. Good cap management is about managing the present and the future. When you have a SB team caliber roster the goal is to finish, not have a Super Bowl lost because you can't put NFL quality players on the field with your generational QB.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:26 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Last year they did have a low floor.

This year they've fallen through the floor past the basement and straight to hell. I've never seen a positional group fall this far this fast. It's one thing for a player to do it, but a whole group that was here last year?

It's insane
[Reply]
Mecca 12:27 PM 12-12-2023
And I have NO idea what Moore could've possibly shown in his sophomore camp that Reid gave him so much grace but that was a massive mistake.
Second round pick?

With Mahomes contract and a few of the other guys a second round pick basically has to play unless you strike gold late.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:28 PM 12-12-2023

This year they've fallen through the floor past the basement and straight to hell. I've never seen a positional group fall this far this fast. It's one thing for a player to do it, but a whole group that was here last year?

It's insane
JJSS was at the very least a professional WR that understood spacing, routes etc etc.

You take him away and don't replace that and in return you also have regression from the rest of the room.
[Reply]
notorious 12:28 PM 12-12-2023

It's insane
If you step back and look at it they are on a similar path they were before, we just decided to keep our heads shoved up our ass because of the SB.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:29 PM 12-12-2023
That is WAY more concerning than wasting a draft pick on Skyy.

My issue with the pick was upside. Even if Skyy hit, what is he? A Hunter Renfrow? But now we know he ain't smart enough or good enough at football to ever be that so he is useless.

He should have never been on the roster this year.
[Reply]
Page 285 of 324
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289295 > Last »
Up