View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 285 of 343
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289295335 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:11 AM 12-15-2022
Best case scenario in a trade you get a 3rd and day 3 pick back for Orlando Brown Jr. similar to what the Commanders got for Trent Williams.

You’re not getting a 1st or 2nd rd pick. Not happening
[Reply]
RunKC 09:22 AM 12-15-2022
I’m on this train. Tag Orlando again. Tell his agent that the original team friendly deal is all he’ll get. If he refuses, trade him prior to or during the draft.

I don’t think he would get to the summer on the tag. This is strictly my opinion, but I’d think it would either be a deal they like, or a trade

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) December 15, 2022

[Reply]
BossChief 10:23 AM 12-15-2022
It’s tough to assess Orlando because of that Cincinnati game.

You throw out that performance and the guy is absolutely worth giving a big extension to. Based on that game, he may not be worth re-signing at all.

I just think that if we give him a big extension, every team in the AFC will load up on speed rushers the blow right by him like TH has done every time they’ve squared up. His feet are just terrible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 12-15-2022
I just don't see any logic behind tagging him.

If you haven't seen what you need to see...what are you watching? You have enough data points at this stage of the game.

Either commit to him long-term or don't. And ultimately it's the same as the marriage question - if you have to ask, the answer is no. It should be an easy yes for this kind of long-term obligation or you walk away.

There's just nothing gained by a tag scenario unless it's exclusively to create a little trade value.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:40 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m on this train. Tag Orlando again. Tell his agent that the original team friendly deal is all he’ll get. If he refuses, trade him prior to or during the draft.

What? What deal is good for a starting LT that sucks? Let him walk and find better. Tag is an insane idea.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 12-15-2022
There's just a limited number of capable LT's available. This isn't like running to the store guys.

I think I'd let him walk and sign Dillard and draft a guy somewhere in the mid rounds and go that route.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:02 AM 12-15-2022
Here’s a serious question to consider; what if Orlando Brown wasn’t the son of an NFL legend?

Let’s say his name was Orlando Smith, and his dad was a plumber. He had the exact same skill set and traits that he currently does. Would anyone in the league hand him a starting LT job and $25+ million a year? Would he still even be starting for the Chiefs?

We all know the answer to those questions. He’d be told he’s going to play RT or he won’t have a job. We can’t let his name hold the Chiefs hostage. Just let the dude walk and be done with it.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:19 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
There's just a limited number of capable LT's available. This isn't like running to the store guys.

I think I'd let him walk and sign Dillard and draft a guy somewhere in the mid rounds and go that route.
Yup. LT is the hardest position outside of QB to find. There just aren’t that many humans that are that big, that long, that fast and that strong, no less having those capabilities and having good technique.

I think you keep Orlando on the tag for leverage. We’ll have the cap room to accommodate his tag # by the start of the new league year in March. After that you see what you think of the draft and have him on standby. If he doesn't take the team friendly deal then you look to get what you can and move on.

If we did a few like this I’d be okay with him signing it. 3 year deal incredibly overall and minimal damage for a payout.
Attached: B7496C46-0EAE-4A26-8F65-19CC3EF1ECA9.jpg (78.1 KB) 
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:20 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Here’s a serious question to consider; what if Orlando Brown wasn’t the son of an NFL legend?

Let’s say his name was Orlando Smith, and his dad was a plumber. He had the exact same skill set and traits that he currently does. Would anyone in the league hand him a starting LT job and $25+ million a year? Would he still even be starting for the Chiefs?

We all know the answer to those questions. He’d be told he’s going to play RT or he won’t have a job. We can’t let his name hold the Chiefs hostage. Just let the dude walk and be done with it.
Is that a serious argument?
[Reply]
O.city 11:55 AM 12-15-2022
If the Texans tear it down, I'd call about Tunsil.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:05 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

Has nothing to do with his name. OBJ only wants to play LT because that is the premium OL position. It pays the most and gets the most Escalades.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:41 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah. I’m digging this. There is one guy that is elite level that I would totally pay the bank for in FA. I would love to sign Gardner-Johnson. He would be perfect in our defense.

I don't want Brown around at all, at best he's inconsistent.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 02:25 PM 12-15-2022
This^

Brown is a bust. He is average on his best day. Figure out the most you can get for him and move on.
[Reply]
notorious 04:14 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s tough to assess Orlando because of that Cincinnati game.

You throw out that performance and the guy is absolutely worth giving a big extension to. Based on that game, he may not be worth re-signing at all.

I just think that if we give him a big extension, every team in the AFC will load up on speed rushers the blow right by him like TH has done every time they’ve squared up. His feet are just terrible.
Holy shit no.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:25 PM 12-15-2022
in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by notorious:
Holy shit no.
I’m not saying we can ignore that game at all. It’s his weakness on display on a big stage. If we ignore it, teams will exploit us for it.

I’m saying he has a chance to redeem himself the rest of the year to prove that game was an anomaly and not the norm. I’m sure we will get another chance at Cincy…
[Reply]
Page 285 of 343
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289295335 > Last »
Up