ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 284 of 335
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
listopencil 04:39 PM 06-30-2016
Caught between a Dothraki and a hard place.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:41 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
They've got air support if they need it.
True, but I wasn't figuring that Dany was looking to install them as rulers anywhere. The Dothraki aren't exactly known for their system of government; holding lands isn't really their thing.

Sure, if Dany wanted to kick everyone out in the north and put the Dothraki there, she likely could. But she'd be pretty much dooming them to a life they've never known and would hate.

And the north is BIG. 3 dragons couldn't hold down the fort, IMO. Northmen would be pretty much moving around the territory, staying a step ahead of the dragons and then picking of castles as the dragons moved out - again, given that the Dothraki don't do siege warfare.

Just seems like a really bad idea.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:45 PM 06-30-2016
The North is about the size of all the other kingdoms combined.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:46 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
True, but I wasn't figuring that Dany was looking to install them as rulers anywhere. The Dothraki aren't exactly known for their system of government; holding lands isn't really their thing.

Sure, if Dany wanted to kick everyone out in the north and put the Dothraki there, she likely could. But she'd be pretty much dooming them to a life they've never known and would hate.

And the north is BIG. 3 dragons couldn't hold down the fort, IMO. Northmen would be pretty much moving around the territory, staying a step ahead of the dragons and then picking of castles as the dragons moved out - again, given that the Dothraki don't do siege warfare.

Just seems like a really bad idea.
I figured that she was going to have to off them somehow as soon as she doesn't need them. Their society doesn't mesh with anything she has said she wants to do.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:48 PM 06-30-2016
I figured that she was going to have to off them somehow as soon as she doesn't need them. Their society doesn't mesh with anything she has said she wants to do.
Or send them back with their plunder in hand. Of course, there's always the possibility most of them get killed off in the coming battles on land and maybe at sea when Euron brings his fleet to battle them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:48 PM 06-30-2016
I figured she'd send them back to Essos.

There's no place for them in Westeros (unless, like I said, they just decide to take over Dorne).
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:56 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I feel like if everyone hated Cercei, she wouldn't be queen. A city can stop 3 people, even if one is a zombie Mountain.

Did she not take the Baratheon name when she married?
This is one thing that has stood out to me as well: Catlyn Stark, though she was a Tully; Lysa Arryn, though she was a Tully; then there is Cersei Lannister, never once mentioned as Cersei Barratheon. It's almost as if they had to cement Lannister in your head when speaking of her.

I'm sure there are plenty of other Ladies with their husbands last names. I'm just drawing a blank right now.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:59 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Or send them back with their plunder in hand. Of course, there's always the possibility most of them get killed off in the coming battles on land and maybe at sea when Euron brings his fleet to battle them.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I figured she'd send them back to Essos.

There's no place for them in Westeros (unless, like I said, they just decide to take over Dorne).
True. Any idea how many of the Unsullied she has left?
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 07:30 PM 06-30-2016
True. Any idea how many of the Unsullied she has left?
Not many, 6 to 8 thousand.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:47 PM 06-30-2016
Gaaarrrggghhhhh!!!! Ready to run through walls.

[Reply]
MagicHef 01:50 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
This is one thing that has stood out to me as well: Catlyn Stark, though she was a Tully; Lysa Arryn, though she was a Tully; then there is Cersei Lannister, never once mentioned as Cersei Barratheon. It's almost as if they had to cement Lannister in your head when speaking of her.

I'm sure there are plenty of other Ladies with their husbands last names. I'm just drawing a blank right now.
In the books, queens (or presumptive future queens) keep their names. Cersei stayed a Lannister, Margaery stayed a Tyrell, Elia stayed a Martell, etc.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:53 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
Kinda wonder - is there any blowback at all from the fact that Cersei executed Kevan Lannister? The scale of how many nobles were murdered in one scene is still sinking in. With the Freys and Boltons all dead, at this point it would seem that she and Jamie are basically at war with every remaining living person on earth. And everybody who lives in King's Landing hates her and wants her dead. Who besides Zombie Mountain would even be willing to fight in her doomed army?
Does anyone know that Cersei set off the wildfire? I'm sure everyone suspects it, but I don't think it can be proven.

Wildfire, after all, becomes more and more unstable as it ages. It could have just been an accident as far as anyone knows.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:07 AM 07-01-2016
nerds
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:27 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Does anyone know that Cersei set off the wildfire? I'm sure everyone suspects it, but I don't think it can be proven.

Wildfire, after all, becomes more and more unstable as it ages. It could have just been an accident as far as anyone knows.
Just so happens it was under the place that Cersei refused to be at?
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:39 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

Not only will they think to the point of certainty that Cercei did it, they will probably also think that she "arranged" the death of Tommen. The only ones that will reject that will be the ones that really know her and know that her love of her children was her one redeeming quality (along with her high cheekbones).
[Reply]
Page 284 of 335
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334 > Last »
Up