ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 284 of 386
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334384 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Frazod 10:35 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Please for the love of god tell me this is a troll or something. This can't be real. This is going to go down as possibly one of the most disappointing bits of television ever, if true.

Holy ****. D&D are absolutely clueless without GRRM.
Well, it basically contained every major point in the episode. I think it is what it is.

In a way, I'm back to where I was years ago - knowing what's going to happen because I read the books.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:59 PM 05-06-2019
I feel like I'm better off having read the leaks. Knowing what's happening ahead of time has let me keep my expectations in check.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:09 PM 05-06-2019
They fucked everything up by cramming it all in 6 episodes. But honestly it’s looking like they didn’t have enough shit for two more seasons anyways.

Still a damn good show....but it’s ending on a disappointing note.
[Reply]
Bump 11:53 PM 05-06-2019
whenever you see a show have a bad ending, just remember Dexter. If it can get worse than that ending, then that's impressive.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:49 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Still a damn good show....but it’s ending on a disappointing note.
not for HBO. Battle of winterfell was the highest rated show ever on HBO. Double the ratings of the Sopranos ending. In April HBO had the highest month ever for new subscribers.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:34 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
whenever you see a show have a bad ending, just remember Dexter. If it can get worse than that ending, then that's impressive.
Snow Globe ending in St Elsewhere takes the honor of shitting on its viewership
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:44 AM 05-07-2019
Can't get it to start on the time code. GoT bit starts about 2 minutes in.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:59 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Exaaaaactly. WTF? Cersei can have Tyrion feathered with a hand gesture and she doesn't? She can put an end to the Targ rebellion with the flick of a switch and she doesn't?

GoT is built upon being hard, cold, ruthless and indiscriminate as to who dies. The story made it's bones on harsh reality. The first hour of this episode just pissed all over that. We got the emasculation of Jon, Jamie, Tormund, Gendric. I kept hoping Pod would smack them all in the face with his big cock.

The only main characters holding true to the story are Euron, Arya, Sansa, and Hound. And Cersei even though she would have killed them all if GRRM were still driving.

/rant except I'm going to be that guy who quotes himself because I was most gratified to see that hot bitch Cersei listens to me. From last week:
That was actually the part of the episode I liked. Tyrions strategy was to starve out the people and make them turn on cersei. Danys strategy is to bullrush even if it means killing a lot of innocents. Even if dany wins, cersei forces dany to completely compromise herself to get there. Dany is falling directly into cerseis trap. Even if dany wins she loses. Psychological warfare seems right up cerseis alley.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05-07-2019, 03:53 AM
This message has been deleted by Sassy Squatch.
Sassy Squatch 03:54 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The last two points on the right side were added later. Some are questioning them now that the betting odds have completely changed for who ends up on the Throne.
Yeah, those 2 REALLY don't make sense.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:23 AM 05-07-2019
Maybe the writers just know their limitations and know that they don't have the chops to write this out properly over a period of say 2 more seasons. As Dirty Harry said, a man's got to know his limitations...

In that light, I'm glad they are wrapping this up and not going all Walking Dead and stringing us along with absolute bullshit for 3 more seasons or something. Maybe they don't want the show to go on when the only reason people like it is because of what it once was, not what it's become, because of their lack of creativity in writing it.

HBO is happy to spend money and make a bad ass battle that pretty much lasts an entire episode, so money is not the problem. These guys are just not good enough to write this out and end it well. It's baffling, and a little sad, but at least they know their limitations.

That's what I'm going with anyway...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:57 AM 05-07-2019
All I know is you jackasses made the episode worse coming here afterwards.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:01 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
ChiefsPlanet. Where we bitch about Game of Thrones.

And bitch about people who bitch about Game of Thrones.

And bitch about the people who bitch about the people who bitch about Game of Thrones.

I am sensing a commonality here..... :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:32 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Previous to this past episode, the lowest rating ever given to a GOT episode on IMDB was an 8.4. This last episode is currently sitting at 7.5.

Prior to the battle at Winterfell this season, most of the "battle" episodes had ratings of 9.8 or 9.9. This last battle is currently sitting at 8.5.

But please continue to act like it's just a small group of CPers who think it's turned to shit.
Ratings of Episode 4 are now at 7.0 on IMDb. Again, the previous low for the entire series was 8.4.

It's funny to me because I hated Episode 3 much more than Episode 4. I'm just resigned to the shitty plot at this point and ready to see it end, so I guess my level of investment has waned a bit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Quit whinging.
[Reply]
notorious 10:53 AM 05-07-2019
This is familiar. Sopranos was fantastic until the last half season. I have rewatched Sopranos 6-7 times, and I’ve only watched the final 1/2 season once. It was very disappointing. If the ending of GOT ends up sucking I will pretend it doesn’t even exist.
[Reply]
Page 284 of 386
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334384 > Last »
Up