ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 283 of 335
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:20 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
What's interesting to me is...what happens next? Dany's forces have to defend King's Landing but where will they spread and conquer? Are they strong enough to subjugate the South and spread to the North? Will they wait until the zombies weaken the armies of the North and take it?
Well The North is huge and has General Winter on their side now and his Aide de Camp Corporal Spring.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:20 PM 06-30-2016
What's interesting to me is...what happens next? Dany's forces have to defend King's Landing but where will they spread and conquer? Are they strong enough to subjugate the South and spread to the North? Will they wait until the zombies weaken the armies of the North and take it?
I just don't see anybody wanting to take the North. It's to any rulers benefit to have Northmen holding it down. They're strong and play well with the Kingdom.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:22 PM 06-30-2016
If Littlefinger has so much power, then he's probably going to try to marry Danny himself... Even though technically it's Robin who's Lord of the Vale and warden of the east.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:24 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I just don't see anybody wanting to take the North. It's to any rulers benefit to have Northmen holding it down. They're strong and play well with the Kingdom.
They mostly ignore the Kingdom and the Kingdom mostly ignores them.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:26 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Well The North is huge and has General Winter on their side now and his Aide de Camp Corporal Spring.

I'm thinking that the Dothraki aren't going to want to just hang out in King's Landing, and we have a little zombie problem.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:27 PM 06-30-2016
I'm thinking that the Dothraki aren't going to want to just hang out in King's Landing, and we have a little zombie problem.
The Dothraki ride around shirtless. Not sure that is the greatest army to march North with during what is basically late fall.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:31 PM 06-30-2016
That's my thought.

Even that Targaryens at their peak didn't 'rule' the entire Kingdom. Dorne was always on its own and while the Northman haven't had a King in the North for awhile, it doesn't strike me that anyone would've really called them on it had they tried.

I suspect they'll just get some of the parties already in charge to 'bend the knee' and try to encourage stability. I would think Dany's learned her lesson a bit regarding what happens when you just try to conquer everyone and keep them under your thumb. Concessions must be made.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:32 PM 06-30-2016
The Dothraki ride around shirtless. Not sure that is the greatest army to march North with during what is basically late fall.
Try telling that to a Dothraki. They don't understand sea water.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:32 PM 06-30-2016
The Dornish were fairly smart there.

Because let's be honest - if the Dothraki are looking for wide open spaces to rape and plunder that remind them of home, Dorne's where they're headed.

Hell, they're probably headed their either way.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:33 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's my thought.

Even that Targaryens at their peak didn't 'rule' the entire Kingdom. Dorne was always on its own and while the Northman haven't had a King in the North for awhile, it doesn't strike me that anyone would've really called them on it had they tried.

I suspect they'll just get some of the parties already in charge to 'bend the knee' and try to encourage stability. I would think Dany's learned her lesson a bit regarding what happens when you just try to conquer everyone and keep them under your thumb. Concessions must be made.
Lady Mormont will be part of the North's delegation. There will be many concessions.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:34 PM 06-30-2016
Try telling that to a Dothraki. They don't understand sea water.
They'll understand 'tall walls and frozen/barren lanscapes' soon enough when everyone just bars the gates and leaves them outside to eat their own horses.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06-30-2016, 04:34 PM
This message has been deleted by GloucesterChief.
listopencil 04:36 PM 06-30-2016
The Dornish were fairly smart there.

Because let's be honest - if the Dothraki are looking for wide open spaces to rape and plunder that remind them of home, Dorne's where they're headed.

Hell, they're probably headed their either way.
I wonder if they just stake out an area around King's Landing and start raiding everyone on their border. The houses start losing land and that's why they decide to bend the knee.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:37 PM 06-30-2016
They'll understand 'tall walls and frozen/barren lanscapes' soon enough when everyone just bars the gates and leaves them outside to eat their own horses.
The North could scorch earth like Russia does and simply retreat back into the vastness letting the invaders starve and tire themselves out in pursuit.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:37 PM 06-30-2016
They've got air support if they need it.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:38 PM 06-30-2016
The North could scorch earth like Russia does and simply retreat back into the vastness letting the invaders starve and tire themselves out in pursuit.
Except they are very likely going to have zombies at their backs.
[Reply]
Page 283 of 335
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333 > Last »
Up