View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 283 of 343
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
irafreak 11:37 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
That's funny but it's not an answer.

Mahomes can navigate him. He's one of the least sacked QBs in the NFL. You can, in theory, get by with that for another season if Mahomes isn't facing constant pressure off the right edge too.
Yeah we just need stability from either side. You don't have to fix both tackles in one offseason because you have to address DE.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:37 AM 12-14-2022
Mahomes should learn to pass primarily with his left hand, meaning OBJ is no longer protecting his blind side. Problem solved.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:38 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Guys like Dre'Mont JOnes will be there if they want.
Heard a radio bit that he’s a priority and they want to bring him back.

There aren’t any elite LT’s or pass rushers in FA this year
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:39 AM 12-14-2022
:-) This dude STILL wants to trade multiple valuable assets for a B- tier pass rusher.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 12-14-2022
That's funny but it's not an answer.

Mahomes can navigate him. He's one of the least sacked QBs in the NFL. You can, in theory, get by with that for another season if Mahomes isn't facing constant pressure off the right edge too.
This is such terrible logic. An elite player succeeding DESPITE subpar teammates is no fucking reason to hold onto subpar teammates.

The answer has been said about 1,500 times in this thread, you're just ignoring it. Orlando Brown is not, and will never be, an adequate left tackle. He lacks the most basic skill demanded for the position. He is not a starting left tackle. He's a giant offensive lineman who has been given the starting left tackle position, and those are not the same thing.

Manufacturing a pass rush is infinitely more desirable than Mahomes making up for speed rushers blowing past a stationary LT who lacks the basic foot quickness to even divert the pass rush.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:39 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, Brady was a 6th rounder too.

It's just not worth messing with. If you draft a guy to play LT, put him at LT and let him learn.

If you wanna keep OBJ, sign him and keep him.
So I think that's completely reasonable. And I don't necessarily disagree.

But we know what Andy Reid's going to do.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:40 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Yeah we just need stability from either side. You don't have to fix both tackles in one offseason because you have to address DE.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:41 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) This dude STILL wants to trade multiple valuable assets for a B- tier pass rusher.
He's a perfect schematic fit, and if Joe Cullen vouches for him, I'm in.

But we've already danced that dance, and this is the wrong thread for it.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:41 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Then you keep Wylie, who costs 1/20th what Orlando Brown makes. If they both suck ass - which they do - and you only need to replace one of them, you replace the expensive one.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:41 AM 12-14-2022
Sign Ngaouke and a DT (maybe someone like Suh) with the money would pay Brown.

Give up picks and trade up for a LT. Cheap LT for the next 4 years and allocate the money to the defensive line.

I'd like a veteran corner if they don't pick up a DT.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:45 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
This is such terrible logic. An elite player succeeding DESPITE subpar teammates is no ****ing reason to hold onto subpar teammates.

The answer has been said about 1,500 times in this thread, you're just ignoring it. Orlando Brown is not, and will never be, an adequate left tackle. He lacks the most basic skill demanded for the position. He is not a starting left tackle. He's a giant offensive lineman who has been given the starting left tackle position, and those are not the same thing.

Manufacturing a pass rush is infinitely more desirable than Mahomes making up for speed rushers blowing past a stationary LT who lacks the basic foot quickness to even divert the pass rush.
Personally, I don't think Brown should be in KC beyond 2023, so I don't think that makes me some kind of fake believer in Brown.

I just think roster construction is complex, and pouring everything into bucket A means you have nothing left for buckets B-Z.

So I want to pour the biggest assets into our biggest problem areas in the smartest way possible, while still realizing that I'm just a guy with no power over the Chiefs so I'm not going to waste my time begging Reid to plug in a rookie LT when he's never done it.

I disagree with your last paragraph. The Chiefs beat the Bengals if Kelce doesn't fumble (probably). Mahomes/Reid are good enough to compensate for a subpar left tackle for a while. You don't want to do it longterm, but they can patch it over for a year.

Meanwhile the biggest reason we lost was because our DL is poor without blitzes dialed up.

I think you can fix the tackle position over a couple seasons.
[Reply]
O.city 11:53 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Heard a radio bit that he’s a priority and they want to bring him back.

There aren’t any elite LT’s or pass rushers in FA this year
I'm not sure they can afford him.
[Reply]
O.city 11:56 AM 12-14-2022
Mahomes makes so much money, from a financial standpoint and roster construction situation, yes, he's gonna have to make up for some lack of talent at some positions. It's a capped league and this is the way the thing works.

Now, I think it's easier for him to make up for it at LT than in is on the DL, so I would go cheaper and of equal value to OBJ at LT. I think you could do that pretty easily and hope to get a bit lucky.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:05 PM 12-14-2022
I think our hand is going to be forced. Wylie is valuable, but he's not a full time RT. And if we don't clap hard enough, Niang can't survive. So I don't think he's a guy we can count on either.

But if we land a LT of the future with our 1st, a lot of our problems are going to be fixed. You're going to have a stud prospect playing RT with Brown at LT. And while Brown is a problem, he's a problem Pat navigates very well.

That does continue to leave our DL underdeveloped, but what can you do. Make some middle class signings at DT and throw resources at DE in the draft.

Choice signings elsewhere, like inking a Jones extension, a Sneed extension, a JuJu extension, and this team is set to continue ascending.

The achilles heel will continue to be the DL, though, but we simply don't have the resources to do anything other than draft there.

The one cheat code is Josh Allen (Jags), who Cullen has coached. If the Chiefs think they have a pick and a player they can send for him, we're cooking with gas. But with the 1st we have to burn on a tackle, I don't know what the answer to that is.

Josh Allen blows goats and we don’t need him, man.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:10 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Josh Allen blows goats and we don’t need him, man.
:-) George Karlaftis is damn near as productive as him. Karlaftis has 370 pass rush snaps. Allen has 375. Both have 4 sacks. Allen has 11 more pressures than Karlaftis but he stat whored 10 of those against a Chargers team that had just lost Slater for the year.
[Reply]
Page 283 of 343
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333 > Last »
Up