View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 282 of 343
« First < 182232272278279280281282 283284285286292332 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:07 AM 12-14-2022
I wonder if Orlando calls up Michael Portner and says well you negotiated your first contract, got me nothing and you still have no relationships with any general managers or NFL people and cost me tens of millions of dollars.

And then Portner goes sure but remember when we both had diabetes?

Just unreal
[Reply]
TEX 11:17 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Why is this still being debated? He isn't very good at all. He was a mistake by Veach and Veach will not pay him. He took a shot and was wrong and next season we will find a better one. The two biggest problems with our team is the pass rush isn't very good most of the time and the tackles suck. They outright both suck and will, be replaced next season.
Completely agree ...Hope so.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:24 AM 12-14-2022
I wonder how OBJ this season compares to, say, the top 5 LTs taken in the previous 2 drafts.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:24 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It appears that Chief Fans want the Chiefs to draft a plus LT, Edge, RT, and WR next year, giving up "whatever it takes" for the first two. Is that the idea?
Yeah, but "whatever it takes" better not be too expensive or else Veach is a dumbass!!!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:28 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don’t think you tag him again. To much of a cap charge going into free agency
Best bet is likely tagging him again, seeing if he’ll accept a similar offer and drafting a tackle rd 1.

Basically the Eric Fisher plan. Play RT year 1, then have the ability to play that kid at LT in 2024.
[Reply]
O.city 11:30 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Best bet is likely tagging him again, seeing if he’ll accept a similar offer and drafting a tackle rd 1.

Basically the Eric Fisher plan. Play RT year 1, then have the ability to play that kid at LT in 2024.
You need the cap space to go after the DL you want. IF you tag him, you tie up that during the FA period you need it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:31 AM 12-14-2022
I think our hand is going to be forced. Wylie is valuable, but he's not a full time RT. And if we don't clap hard enough, Niang can't survive. So I don't think he's a guy we can count on either.

But if we land a LT of the future with our 1st, a lot of our problems are going to be fixed. You're going to have a stud prospect playing RT with Brown at LT. And while Brown is a problem, he's a problem Pat navigates very well.

That does continue to leave our DL underdeveloped, but what can you do. Make some middle class signings at DT and throw resources at DE in the draft.

Choice signings elsewhere, like inking a Jones extension, a Sneed extension, a JuJu extension, and this team is set to continue ascending.

The achilles heel will continue to be the DL, though, but we simply don't have the resources to do anything other than draft there.

The one cheat code is Josh Allen (Jags), who Cullen has coached. If the Chiefs think they have a pick and a player they can send for him, we're cooking with gas. But with the 1st we have to burn on a tackle, I don't know what the answer to that is.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:31 AM 12-14-2022
You need the cap space to go after the DL you want. IF you tag him, you tie up that during the FA period you need it.
Other than JJ Watt, or trading for DE Josh Allen, I don't know what impact players the Chiefs can bring in for an edgerush.

They're going to have to draft their way out of it.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:32 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Because you can't just replace a left tackle.

You can lean on his shortcomings for another year, thanks to Reid schemes if need be, but mostly due to Pat's familiarity with Brown. That relationship between QB and LT is critical, and it's one of the reasons Pat is among the fewest sacked QBs this year -- he manipulates the pocket brilliantly because, in part, he knows his LT well.

There is no feasible LT solution in free agency. You can draft a guy, but you'll need to draft him early and probably move up for him.

And even if you draft the guy you want, there's no guarantee he's the guy you want until the real bullets start flying.

The Chiefs drafted Eric Fisher #1 overall -- he was the guy they wanted. But they still started him at RT for (most of) a season and kept a seasoned guy at LT.
You're right. The good news is that Orlando Brown isn't a fucking left tackle.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 12-14-2022
If you go get a T in the first round, you put him at LT and let him develop there. If you do the RT thing, you then have to move him over the next year and start the development all over again.

Then you're in year 3 and don't know what you have yet.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:33 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You're right. The good news is that Orlando Brown isn't a ****ing left tackle.
That's funny but it's not an answer.

Mahomes can navigate him. He's one of the least sacked QBs in the NFL. You can, in theory, get by with that for another season if Mahomes isn't facing constant pressure off the right edge too.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 12-14-2022
Other than JJ Watt, or trading for DE Josh Allen, I don't know what impact players the Chiefs can bring in for an edgerush.

They're going to have to draft their way out of it.
Guys like Dre'Mont JOnes will be there if they want.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:35 AM 12-14-2022
If you go get a T in the first round, you put him at LT and let him develop there. If you do the RT thing, you then have to move him over the next year and start the development all over again.

Then you're in year 3 and don't know what you have yet.
Worked with Fisher, is all I'm going to say.

I do think the RT to LT switch is significant but an offseason can mitigate most of that.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:36 AM 12-14-2022
Guys like Dre'Mont JOnes will be there if they want.
If I'm Denver, I don't let him walk.

But I'm open to it.
[Reply]
O.city 11:37 AM 12-14-2022
Worked with Fisher, is all I'm going to say.

I do think the RT to LT switch is significant but an offseason can mitigate most of that.
Yeah, Brady was a 6th rounder too.

It's just not worth messing with. If you draft a guy to play LT, put him at LT and let him learn.

If you wanna keep OBJ, sign him and keep him.
[Reply]
Page 282 of 343
« First < 182232272278279280281282 283284285286292332 > Last »
Up