View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 281 of 343
« First < 181231271277278279280281 282283284285291331 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:36 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Do not want this crum bum flunkey
He likes to dress in pink and wear Ugg’s.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:40 PM 12-13-2022
:-) of course there's retards beating off about the decent game against a team that lost it's best pass rusher to injury and traded away the second best.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:42 PM 12-13-2022
It appears that Chief Fans want the Chiefs to draft a plus LT, Edge, RT, and WR next year, giving up "whatever it takes" for the first two. Is that the idea?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:29 PM 12-13-2022
Probably need a draft like Dallas just had no matter what happens with Brown Jr.

Tackle and pass rusher first 2 rds please
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:33 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It appears that Chief Fans want the Chiefs to draft a plus LT, Edge, RT, and WR next year, giving up "whatever it takes" for the first two. Is that the idea?
In Veach We Trust.

Just don't go all-in and mortgage the future...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:17 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
You know what I’d like to see A LOT more of?

Mahomes checking to a run when we have a light box.

-not making excuses for the OTs, but…-

When Pat sees a 3 man DL with 5 in the box, he needs to be able to see that and change the play to a run and attack that defense to force them to play us honest. This shit with them rushing 3 and dropping 8 is hard on the OL because there are no options for Pat to go to right away with the ball and these OTs suck.

Check to a run and attack the edge guys with power…ESPECIALLY when they are lined up wide to attack the edge.
We usually have the back in there helpin g block the 3 man rush cuz our tackles can’t seem to handle it. Can’t block 3 with 6 cuz our tackles at garbage. Pathetic!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:21 PM 12-13-2022
I'm not keen on paying OBJ AT ALL, but he's clearly not trash. I mean, not even you believe that.

Why are Chief Fans so ****ing stupid?
LEADS THE LEAGUE IN PRESSURES ALLOWED. PRETTY MUCH COST US THE BENGALS GAME!!! Do the math!!
[Reply]
TEX 12-13-2022, 07:12 PM
This message has been deleted by TEX. Reason: What's the point?
TEX 07:15 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
LEADS THE LEAGUE IN PRESSURES ALLOWED. PRETTY MUCH COST US THE BENGALS GAME!!! Do the math!!
Exactly! Perhaps the answer to his question is that he can't add? :-)
[Reply]
el borracho 07:35 PM 12-13-2022
I would be ecstatic to move up for a (worthy) DE. Might be willing to move up to 8, 9 or 10 for the right player (but he better be the right player).

LT? Not so much. If we can upgrade from Brown for a reasonable cost we should definitely do it. But I would be just fine with a lateral move to a similar caliber player if that player was tens of millions per year cheaper than Orlando. Definitely don't want to pay Orlando top of the market money for below market ability.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:33 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by el borracho:
I would be ecstatic to move up for a (worthy) DE. Might be willing to move up to 8, 9 or 10 for the right player (but he better be the right player).

LT? Not so much. If we can upgrade from Brown for a reasonable cost we should definitely do it. But I would be just fine with a lateral move to a similar caliber player if that player was tens of millions per year cheaper than Orlando. Definitely don't want to pay Orlando top of the market money for below market ability.
So you want to go cheap at LT?? What??:-)
[Reply]
el borracho 09:19 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
So you want to go cheap at LT?? What??:-)
No, I would love to have a plus player at LT. But the Chiefs have one of the best offenses in the league with a below average LT so I am saying I would not freak out if the Chiefs found a LT of similar caliber somewhere for much less money and focused on DE in the draft.

All I am saying is that I would spend more draft capital on DE than LT at this point.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:38 AM 12-14-2022
What would even be a fair contract for OBJ at this point?

$20m/year is probably too rich, honestly. I find it extremely hard to believe, at this point, that the Chiefs don't go up and get the tackle in the draft they like, tag Brown, and so long as the rookie develops fine at RT, Brown can be moved at season's end.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:50 AM 12-14-2022
Why is this still being debated? He isn't very good at all. He was a mistake by Veach and Veach will not pay him. He took a shot and was wrong and next season we will find a better one. The two biggest problems with our team is the pass rush isn't very good most of the time and the tackles suck. They outright both suck and will, be replaced next season.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:54 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Why is this still being debated? He isn't very good at all. He was a mistake by Veach and Veach will not pay him. He took a shot and was wrong and next season we will find a better one. The two biggest problems with our team is the pass rush isn't very good most of the time and the tackles suck. They outright both suck and will, be replaced next season.
Because you can't just replace a left tackle.

You can lean on his shortcomings for another year, thanks to Reid schemes if need be, but mostly due to Pat's familiarity with Brown. That relationship between QB and LT is critical, and it's one of the reasons Pat is among the fewest sacked QBs this year -- he manipulates the pocket brilliantly because, in part, he knows his LT well.

There is no feasible LT solution in free agency. You can draft a guy, but you'll need to draft him early and probably move up for him.

And even if you draft the guy you want, there's no guarantee he's the guy you want until the real bullets start flying.

The Chiefs drafted Eric Fisher #1 overall -- he was the guy they wanted. But they still started him at RT for (most of) a season and kept a seasoned guy at LT.
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 12-14-2022
I don’t think you tag him again. To much of a cap charge going into free agency
[Reply]
Page 281 of 343
« First < 181231271277278279280281 282283284285291331 > Last »
Up