ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 280 of 300
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284290 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:48 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I haven't been on in awhile. I've been friggin swamped and KU blows.

But watching that game last night was brutal.

KU sucked ass. That was a big part of it.

But FFS they fouled every dude 10 times a possession, and the refs let a lot go, but even the amount called it made the game damn unwatchable. And those 2 short guards were just insufferable.

All that dogshit made the good plays Samford made barely register (and they made a lot of big plays). Maybe it was the mood I was in, but that kind of basketball just pisses me off.

The big news item will be the bullshit foul call on Timberlake. That was a hell of a play by the Samford kid and goddamn that foul call sucks. As a been there done that guy, I feel bad for the kid. But man, there were a shitload of uncalled fouls on them that also impacted the game.

And MOTHER**** them for calling 3 dogshit charges on Harris. I about threw my TV. Dude ended up with 3 fouls and one of them was legit.
It was a frustrating game though that’s mostly because of the way it was called. It felt like KU was playing a true road game for the entire 2nd half.

I’d also argue that the bullshit charges on Harris (particularly the one at the end of the 1st half that led him to sit for four minutes which cost us about 6 points) had a much larger impact on the game than the one on Timberlake.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:35 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It was a frustrating game though that’s mostly because of the way it was called. It felt like KU was playing a true road game for the entire 2nd half.

I’d also argue that the bullshit charges on Harris (particularly the one at the end of the 1st half that led him to sit for four minutes which cost us about 6 points) had a much larger impact on the game than the one on Timberlake.
Absolutely.

The guy with the block has a legitimate gripe. Harris' gripe is a bigger one IMO.

I'm not sure the guy has 3 charges in his whole fucking career.
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:43 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
:-) at Kentucky
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm loving it. :-)
You should taste the sweetness here in Ky today! :-)

Sad part is our day is coming!
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:25 PM 03-22-2024
He’s absolutely clueless out there, I very much doubt it.
So was Elijah Johnson just thought I'd throw that out there.

I think Elmarko is a dumbass with the ball in his hands but EJ like...didn't know how to play organized basketball.
[Reply]
cmh6476 05:14 PM 03-22-2024
Where is the scouting report telling us how Gonzaga is about to mop the floor with these scrubs?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:43 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Where is the scouting report telling us how Gonzaga is about to mop the floor with these scrubs?
We are decent sized underdogs tomorrow so it’s going to be something a little different this time…
[Reply]
TLO 06:19 PM 03-22-2024
What channel is the game on tomorrow?
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 06:22 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
What channel is the game on tomorrow?
CBS
[Reply]
TLO 07:32 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
CBS
Thank you
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:15 AM 03-23-2024
If there was ever a Gonzaga team that KU could handle, this is the one. Easily the worst Gonzaga team in nearly a decade, the Bulldogs struggled for the majority of the season and did not even look like a tournament team until mid-February. In fact, their only good wins all season consisted of Kentucky (Calipari-led fraud) and a St. Mary's team eliminated tonight in the tournament by Grand Canyon.

While they are generally a strong offense, they generate FTs at an incredibly low rate (31.4 FTA/FGA, 224th in the country). Most importantly for us, they also shoot a very low amount of threes comparatively (31.5 3PA/FGA, 310th in the country) and start a big who doesn't shoot any. Given that KU has had a season long issue with guarding the 3 due largely to Dickinson's mobility (which popped up again against Samford), we couldn't ask for much more out of this matchup.

On defense, Gonzaga could not be much softer. They turn teams over at a very low clip (16.2 TO%, 235th in the country) and their non-steal turnover rate is among the lowest in the country (6.4%, 326th in the country). They also don't have a shot blocking presence for significant portions of the game which will allow KU to get to the rim at will. Unlike Samford, they also foul at a very low rate which should be helpful for preventing any of our starters from getting into foul trouble.

While they are better than Samford, this is about as good of a matchup in R2 as we could have hoped for. Gonzaga is simply not equipped to deal with a KU team firing on all cylinders. Get ready for the S16.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:41 AM 03-23-2024
KCC, I’m not reading your soliloquy, but I did want your take on Gradey Dick as a pro.

Since you’re a Rap fan, it looks like he’s really starting to figure it out as a pro. That G League stint worked wonders apparently.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:54 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
KCC, I’m not reading your soliloquy, but I did want your take on Gradey Dick as a pro.

Since you’re a Rap fan, it looks like he’s really starting to figure it out as a pro. That G League stint worked wonders apparently.

Thoughts?
He’s going to be a good player in the league for a decade+. Will be an elite shooter/spacer with a high IQ for the game. I think Kyle Korver is a realistic comp for him. His defense and handles will probably hold him back from being a star (and turning into somebody like Klay Thompson) but time is on his side to see if he can improve those areas.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:56 AM 03-23-2024
He’s going to be a good player in the league for a decade+. Will be an elite shooter/spacer with a high IQ for the game. I think Kyle Korver is a realistic comp for him. His defense and handles will probably hold him back from being a star (and turning into somebody like Klay Thompson) but time is on his side to see if he can improve those areas.
I agree with the Kyle Korver comp. That’s who I thought too before the draft.

Luckily for Dick, he plays a league that appreciates that style of play much more than the league Korver played in.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:57 AM 03-23-2024
If there was ever a Gonzaga team that KU could handle, this is the one. Easily the worst Gonzaga team in nearly a decade, the Bulldogs struggled for the majority of the season and did not even look like a tournament team until mid-February. In fact, their only good wins all season consisted of Kentucky (Calipari-led fraud) and a St. Mary's team eliminated tonight in the tournament by Grand Canyon.

While they are generally a strong offense, they generate FTs at an incredibly low rate (31.4 FTA/FGA, 224th in the country). Most importantly for us, they also shoot a very low amount of threes comparatively (31.5 3PA/FGA, 310th in the country) and start a big who doesn't shoot any. Given that KU has had a season long issue with guarding the 3 due largely to Dickinson's mobility (which popped up again against Samford), we couldn't ask for much more out of this matchup.

On defense, Gonzaga could not be much softer. They turn teams over at a very low clip (16.2 TO%, 235th in the country) and their non-steal turnover rate is among the lowest in the country (6.4%, 326th in the country). They also don't have a shot blocking presence for significant portions of the game which will allow KU to get to the rim at will. Unlike Samford, they also foul at a very low rate which should be helpful for preventing any of our starters from getting into foul trouble.

While they are better than Samford, this is about as good of a matchup in R2 as we could have hoped for. Gonzaga is simply not equipped to deal with a KU team firing on all cylinders. Get ready for the S16.
Haha, I appreciate what you did here.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:08 AM 03-23-2024
KCC saying we are going to win? We are doomed! :-)
[Reply]
Page 280 of 300
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284290 > Last »
Up