View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 280 of 343
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284290330 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:22 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm not keen on paying OBJ AT ALL, but he's clearly not trash. I mean, not even you believe that.

Why are Chief Fans so ****ing stupid?
No, he's not trash, but he's a poor fit for this particular offense, and he's probably a straight up middle-rate LT demanding to re-set the market.

I'd tag and trade to a run heavy team for whatever I could get. Probably a 2nd, which would mean we got two cost controlled years for equal compensation. I'd call that a win.
[Reply]
TEX 07:41 PM 12-12-2022
I'm not keen on paying OBJ AT ALL, but he's clearly not trash. I mean, not even you believe that.

Ask yourself that very question, and if you're honest with yourself, you WILL get your answer...

I absolutely believe he is trash in our offense. He and Wylie both.
[Reply]
TEX 07:44 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
I'm so glad that he turned down decent left tackle money last year. No freaking way he gets close to that deal and no way we tag him again.

If you think he's been playing well this year then I don't know what to tell you. He either gets ran over being bull rushed or whiffs on the speed.

He's not who he was last year and I don't know why.
Maybe the weight he lost has something to do with it? :-)

He could definitely handle the bull rushers better last year. He still was not good at blocking speed rushers last season.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:14 AM 12-13-2022
What examples of really good left tackles with terrible feet are there?

Obviously Veach addressed his concerns about Orlando’s feet and weight after last season and how those elements prohibited him being able to mirror speed rushers effectively and Orlando has put in lots of work ti improve in those areas. That’s evidenced by his weight loss as well as his picking up tennis. I bet the tennis thing was Veachs idea to try to improve foot quickness specifically.

The problem is, I’m not sure you can improve his foot speed and agility enough to be able to block guys with an array of pass rush moves.

Who was really good with feet as bad as Orlando’s? What other traits did they have that allowed them to play at that level while lacking a fundamental trait that keeps OL centered by moving their feet quickly?
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:58 AM 12-13-2022
The best thing Orlando Brown Jr did for the Chiefs this year is not sign his contract. Now we can move on from him but him not signing it must have cost him millions going into next years bargaining with other teams. At least he made it so we have options.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:17 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
What examples of really good left tackles with terrible feet are there?

Obviously Veach addressed his concerns about Orlando’s feet and weight after last season and how those elements prohibited him being able to mirror speed rushers effectively and Orlando has put in lots of work ti improve in those areas. That’s evidenced by his weight loss as well as his picking up tennis. I bet the tennis thing was Veachs idea to try to improve foot quickness specifically.

The problem is, I’m not sure you can improve his foot speed and agility enough to be able to block guys with an array of pass rush moves.

Who was really good with feet as bad as Orlando’s? What other traits did they have that allowed them to play at that level while lacking a fundamental trait that keeps OL centered by moving their feet quickly?
Well if you ask Saccopoo (RIP) he'd tell you Brandon Albert
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:25 AM 12-13-2022

Orlando Brown Jr. had the highest pass-blocking grade among all NFL tackles in Week 14, according to @PFF. pic.twitter.com/Khk0gi9epT

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) December 12, 2022

[Reply]
MIAdragon 09:25 AM 12-13-2022

He’s not good enough to keep around.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:29 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Not possible, CP told me he sucks
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:35 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Not possible, CP told me he sucks
I am not an Orlando Brown pimp, nor am I a PFF nut hugger. I'm not especially high on either.

But when PFF says he had the best game of any tackle this week, and CP generally says he has the worst game of any tackle every week, the discordance notable.

CP groupthink
[Reply]
poolboy 12:57 PM 12-13-2022
hmm, maybe because All Pro Thuney was back?
[Reply]
New World Order 01:00 PM 12-13-2022
Do not want this crum bum flunkey
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:56 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
hmm, maybe because All Pro Thuney was back?
So if Brown has a punt returner at QB (Lamar), or a All Pro guard next to him he's really good.

But with a seriously smart, mobile QB and a JAG at guard he's a JAG at best?

:-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:59 PM 12-13-2022
I am not an Orlando Brown pimp, nor am I a PFF nut hugger. I'm not especially high on either.

But when PFF says he had the best game of any tackle this week, and CP generally says he has the worst game of any tackle every week, the discordance notable.

CP groupthink
Well there was a notable discordance between Veachthink and Brownthink this past off season regarding his contract.

Mythink is that will continue and Brown won't be in KC next season...
[Reply]
poolboy 02:11 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
So if Brown has a punt returner at QB (Lamar), or a All Pro guard next to him he's really good.

But with a seriously smart, mobile QB and a JAG at guard he's a JAG at best?

:-)
seems obvious to me he is better with a stud guard next to him
I could be wrong though
[Reply]
Page 280 of 343
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284290330 > Last »
Up